Options

Group 1: November 1-8 check-in w/o 4/1

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? 

Re: Group 1: November 1-8 check-in w/o 4/1

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/6 8+5

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry!

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow!! Eek!!!

How are you feeling?: Tired. Random nausea still but getting through it. 

Rants/Raves: I had a super emotional moment yesterday that I know was hormone induced and I go back and forth between still feeling irked and then feeling silly bc I know my MIL meant no harm and she is wonderful. But she emailed yesterday to ask us and my sis-and-bro-in-law to let her know which fundraising events we plan to attend this year. We do a lot of these as we lost my FIL to ALS in 2017 and MH and I actually run one each year. But a lot of them are this fall and I don't know if we will be up to it since I'll presumably be super pregnant and it just would have been nice for her to acknowledge that instead of just asking what we will at. Gah! Anyway...

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? 

Fall! My birthday and MH's birthday are in October and I love football and cool weather!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/6 8+5 too!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry or gummi bear

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday, I am so excited!

How are you feeling?: Better today than I had been! Thank goodness!

Rants/Raves: None right now.

Questions: None yet!

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Fall! Cool weather, sweaters, scarves, boots. Yes please!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    fmar8fmar8 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/7 / 8 weeks 5 days

Baby is the size of a(n): Gummi bear

Upcoming Appointments: I had my first appt yesterday! I have an ultrasound appt coming up soon. They are going to call to schedule it. And then I my next appt with my Dr. is 5/1

How are you feeling?: Always tired. Bloated all the time. The nausea has gotten a lot better. 

Rants/Raves: Our family’s have been trying to pressure us into telling people before we are ready. But, I got to hear and see baby’s heartbeat yesterday! 😍 

Questions: Do any of you know if it’s okay to drink protein shakes, super greens, or collagen? I meant to ask my Dr. yesterday but I was just on cloud 9 from hearing the baby that I forgot to ask. 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Fall by far! The weather is perfect. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9+2, 11/3

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry, canape

Upcoming Appointments: I'll have my blood draw for NIPT sometime mid to late next week, and then 4/17 NT scan

How are you feeling?: Meh. My nausea is better, but I'm extremely emotional and feel on edge all the time. I also am pretty bloated and tired of hiding this pregnancy in general.

Rants/Raves: Ugh, I think my office mate is angry with me for some reason.. she isn't talking to me at all. I really don't know what I did. I'm going to just flat out ask her at some point today because I really don't appreciate this sort of environment. Either way I've been feeling so uncomfortable that I think I'm going to go work in the library (I am the librarian here, although I usually sit in my office with her). I guess for a rave is just that I'm going to work from home tomorrow since I have to take my son to a doctors appointment.

Questions: No

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? I guess Fall like everyone else so far..I love Halloween and harvest festivals and pumpkin and baking. 

@runningfortwo81 I'm sorry your MIL didn't acknowledge that you might not be able to make those events. I agree I don't think she meant any harm! Just try to let go of it. You can certainly reply and tell her that you just can't commit right now because of the pregnancy. 

@fmar8 I think it is ok to drink protein shakes depending on what else is in them. Not sure about the greens or collagen though. 

@pinkievee glad you are feeling better!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  8w, 4d

Baby is the size of a(n):  Wild Strawberry

Upcoming Appointments:  I have an appointment with my Physician in 2 weeks.  Still waiting for my OB to call me and set up an appointment.

How are you feeling?:  I've been ok.  Nausea is going away (unless I don't eat right away).  I've been bloated and can barely fit in my jeans now :(  thank god for leggings and sweat pants lol

Rants/Raves:  /

Questions:  /

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year?  Winter!!  I love being cold and wrapping myself up in sooo many blankets!  I'm constantly warm and I hate it (so summer is my worst enemy).  Don't get me wrong, hate snow storms and waiting for the city bus in the cold, but when you're at home and enjoying the time with your family, it's the best.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8w + 4d - Nov 8th

Baby is the size of a(n):  Raspberry

Upcoming Appointments: Friday!! So excited - I feel like I have been anxious this whole week, this will be the first time to attempt to hear a heartbeat and once I hear that I will be able to breathe a bit easier

How are you feeling?: Better.  Still bad overall but not as un-functional.  I was thinking my symptoms were going away but I am relieved to see others saying the nausea isn't as bad.

Rants/Raves: Just that I miss eating my turkey sandwiches.  I know it's going to be a long time until I have another one.

Questions: Has anyone gained weight or noticed a body shift?  My body is a different shape...more boxy but I haven't gained any weight yet according to my scale.

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Fall for sure.  I love the cool crisp air and the colors in New England.
  • Options
    @runningfortwo81 sorry your MIL just assumed you’d be up for races that late in the year. Hopefully she just wasn’t thinking when she sent that email! Hope your appointment today went well!

@pinkievee good luck tomorrow at your appointment!

@fmar8 glad you got to hear the heartbeat! I think my doctor said protein powder/bars were okay.

@creamcheeseplease hope you were able to sort things out with your coworker and whatever her deal was. Maybe she’s pregnant too and just moody! ;)

@christalfung pants are the worst right now!

@Dancer688 I haven’t gained weight either but I feel like my stomach is pooched out a bit from bloat even first thing in the morning which is not normal. I’ve been taking pictures every week (on the first day of the pregnancy week) and I definitely see a difference, probably isn’t noticeable to others though. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 4 / 9w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming Appointments: April 23 for 12 week visit 

How are you feeling?: ugh the nausea has been so bad the past two days

Rants/Raves: I was able to force myself to go to the gym with my husband after work (for a very light workout) yesterday despite the nausea and it actually made me feel a bit better. Hoping I can force myself today too.

Questions: Just posted in the question thread but does anyone know if they check for heartbeat at the 12 week exam? I know they don’t do a ultrasound again then but just wondering how they know everything is still going along fine.

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year?  It’s hard to choose between spring and fall because spring is soooo welcome after winter. But I’m leaning towards fall because I’m a runner and running in the fall after suffering through summer runs is just amazing feeling.
  • Options
    @kopp5988 my doctor did a Doppler for HB at my 12w appointment in my last pregnancy. And my coworker is like 50 haha so definitely not pregnant. But I think she was just grumpy and we’re okay. Idk why I need to assume everything is about me haha. 
  • Options
    @creamcheeseplease @kopp5988 Thanks ladies! I'm back to realizing it was a silly hormonal reaction! 😂

Appointment today went great!! Squeal! I got to see my little raspberry and heartbeat was strong and no need to adjust due date, so still 11/6! I'll share the u/s pic in that thread!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/1 / 9+5   -   date moved after my appt today. Last appt they told me 11/8, but i knew i had ovulated earlier since I was temping, but figured I'd implanted late, but they got a better reading today and I'm right where I thought I should be

Baby is the size of a(n): date

Upcoming Appointments: I go in Monday 4/8 for bloodwork for NIPT

How are you feeling?: better than the last few weeks, which made me nervous for my ultrasound today (previous loss), but I guess I'm just having a few good days. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Fall, I hope I can enjoy it when I'm super pregnant since i'm sure my boots & sweaters won't be fitting by then  
  • Options
    Hi everyone!  I’ve been lurking and too scared to actually join a group but I’m ready now!

EDD: 11/2 is my due date.  But I will likely have a scheduled c section in mid October due to cervical issues.  I’m 9 wks 5 days today!

baby is the size of a tator tot 

upcoming appointments:   I’ve had many (4 ultrasounds already) because I did Ivf and was with my fertility clinic.  Now were looking for an OB and have seen 2 already.  1 more appt tomorrow and then we’ll decide. I’m high risk and with the cervical complications we want to make sure we find the right person who is comfortable with my situation

rants/raves:  it’s getting more and more exhausting to go to work.  It’s an hour train/subway commute, my job is really demanding, and I have a large team.  Im lucky I haven’t had much nausea - but wow the fatigue!

favorite season:  just like everyone else, fall! We’re excited to have a fall baby 
  • Options
    @natehk Welcome to the board :D  and I hear you.  It takes 3 buses for me to get to work.  I'm feeling the exhaustion more and more every day now.   
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Another lurker here! But I like the groups by weeks boards better than huge ones with a ton of people!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/5

Baby is the size of a(n): soda can tab 

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday the 11th. Ultrasound and OB appt that was scheduled at the end of the month but moved up to check on everything 

How are you feeling?: not bad. Light nausea a few weeks ago but now just tired

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: when I did my bloodwork 3/25 my progesterone levels were low so did another draw a week later and they dropped a bit more. I’m taking additional progesterone and doing another draw next week. But that’s why they moved the appointments up. Anybody else had issues with that? I’m a little worried.

GTKY: What is your favorite time of the year? Favorite season- summer! I’m a sun worshipper. But I love Christmastime. The shopping and family and festivities!