October 2019 Moms
Options

APRIL Symptoms

Re: APRIL Symptoms

• Options
    @novicemama @jhokaj524 Same here, sometimes I forget too and if I stand up to quickly from my desk, oi! Even coughing sometimes causes it.
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Argh! Heartburn! Sigh... this kid better have a full head of hair of the heartburn is already starting 
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also have the round ligament pains... but also a weird, dull throbby pain below my abdomen? It's not quite a cramp but more like a heavy full feeling in my uterus. Anyone else? 
  • Options
    @runjhall Damn. My small boobs have grown a bit but it’s only noticeable to me. And my husband haha
  • Options
    Nothing is touching this headache tonight. Just when the nausea was beginning to fade, my head has to go and bring it back. 😬
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    meagan-t said:
    Nothing is touching this headache tonight. Just when the nausea was beginning to fade, my head has to go and bring it back. 😬
    are you sure you aren’t congested? I can have absolutely no other signs of congestion other than a headache.
    no stuffed nose, no nasal drip, just a headache 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    I also have the round ligament pains... but also a weird, dull throbby pain below my abdomen? It's not quite a cramp but more like a heavy full feeling in my uterus. Anyone else? 

Yep! Same exact thing here it's very odd, never felt that with my first pregnancy
  • Options
    cmbt2 said:
    meagan-t said:
    are you sure you aren’t congested? I can have absolutely no other signs of congestion other than a headache.
    I am absolutely congested (that's kind of been my norm since the day I was born, unfortunately). 🙁 Thankfully I talked to my doctor who said one dose of ibuprofen shouldn't hurt anything and that it would be better to take it and get ahead of the headache than it would be to suffer. I caved and took some a couple hours ago and it seems to have helped. My sinus headaches and migraine headaches are always on the same side as each other and I'm almost certain this was a sinus headache, but nothing I usually try was helping.

Any recommendations for sinus headaches? I have year-round allergies with parts of the year that get worse, and I know I'm coming up on one of those parts. I'm thankful I don't have severe allergies, but they are pretty constant. Any advice would definitely be appreciated. 😊
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    meagan-t said:
    cmbt2 said:
    meagan-t said:
    I am absolutely congested (that's kind of been my norm since the day I was born, unfortunately). 🙁 Thankfully I talked to my doctor who said one dose of ibuprofen shouldn't hurt anything and that it would be better to take it and get ahead of the headache than it would be to suffer. I caved and took some a couple hours ago and it seems to have helped. My sinus headaches and migraine headaches are always on the same side as each other and I'm almost certain this was a sinus headache, but nothing I usually try was helping.

Any recommendations for sinus headaches? I have year-round allergies with parts of the year that get worse, and I know I'm coming up on one of those parts. I'm thankful I don't have severe allergies, but they are pretty constant. Any advice would definitely be appreciated. 😊
    What allergy med do you take?

and yes, ibuprofen here and there when desperately needed is okay. I got approval from a MW last time, though a nurse gave me major grief when I told her I took it
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    @cmbt2 I usually do Zyrtec, but that's not a fast-acting one. I typically rely on Advil Sinus, but that doesn't help much. I hate to admit that I really need to see an allergist since I never have. I've tried Sudafed in the past with mixed results.

I really should have a better answer to this... 🙁
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    meagan-t said:
    @cmbt2 I usually do Zyrtec, but that's not a fast-acting one. I typically rely on Advil Sinus, but that doesn't help much. I hate to admit that I really need to see an allergist since I never have. I've tried Sudafed in the past with mixed results.

I really should have a better answer to this... 🙁
    Try xyzal at night. It works way better than Zyrtec for me. If that doesn’t work, Allegra. My allergist when I saw one said don’t even bother with Claritin. 

You can occasionally take mucinex. It’s a class C, so if the risk outweighs the benefits thing. In your case, I’d take it for the next day or two
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    Thanks, @cmbt2! I think we have some Xyzal in the cabinet. I tried Claritin before and it was next to useless for me. I'm glad to know that at least some other people agree with that.
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @meagan-t When my cold was at its worst a couple of weeks ago I’d use a hot washcloth across my eyes and sinuses. It would help take the edge off for a little bit. But also made me very sleepy! 
  • Options
  • Options
    alinic916 said:
    I've been having awful heartburn, even with taking zantac. I think I'm gonna be sleeping sitting up by the end of this pregnancy!!
    Same! The nausea finally went away and now heartburn. I've been taking 2 Tums before bed every night. 
  • Options
    I'm getting dizzy spells here and there, has anyone else dealt with that?
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Cass005 said:
    With my first. Frequent eating and making sure your sugar levels don’t get too low help
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    @Cass005 yep. That’s a pretty typical pregnancy symptom. Make sure you’re eating and drinking enough, and put your head between your knees if it gets really bad - I have a few friends who fainted during pregnancy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Cass005 yep. That’s a pretty typical pregnancy symptom. Make sure you’re eating and drinking enough, and put your head between your knees if it gets really bad - I have a few friends who fainted during pregnancy. 
    @Cass005, seconding all this advice. I have gotten dizzy/light headed a lot this pregnancy (and fainted twice). Just be careful not to over do it, and if you start to feel dizzy, sit down and rest.
  • Options
    I was hit with the stomach bug last week 😩 It only lasted a day or two, but man. That was rough. Feeling back to myself thank goodness! My food aversions seem to have lessened and now I’m just hungry LOL. Also been getting some headaches and dizziness, but nothing too terrible!
  • Options
    @cmbt2 @greenbean-2 @galentine Thanks! I've been trying to consistently eat like every 2 to 3 hours. They're not too severe just annoying.
  • Options
    Cass005 said:
    I have this - had it early on then it went away for a while and now it's back. None of the suggestions in here have done a thing for mine (no offense to anyone who made one!) I just breathe through them when they happen and then I feel fine until the next one. 
  • Options
    Same here! Heartburn sucks!!
  • Options
    cmbt2 said:
    Argh! Heartburn! Sigh... this kid better have a full head of hair of the heartburn is already starting 
    Well if I didn't know the sex already I'd be guessing girl at this point. The last several days I've had heartburn and acid reflux like I've never had before. It actually had me throwing up. Someone please remind me what are the no no antacid meds? I'll definitely be picking something up tonight. 
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    @cooaladolly I don't have a no-no list, but here is the approved list of Heartburn/Indigestion remedies my OB gave me:
       »  Tums
       »  Mylanta
       »  Maalox
       »  Pepcid
       »  Gas X
       »  Milk of Magnesia
       »  Zantac
       »  Metamucil
       »  Rolaids
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    cmbt2 said:
    Well if I didn't know the sex already I'd be guessing girl at this point. The last several days I've had heartburn and acid reflux like I've never had before. It actually had me throwing up. Someone please remind me what are the no no antacid meds? I'll definitely be picking something up tonight. 
    Pepcid and Zantac are class B. Prevacid and Prilosec are class C
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    Thank you @cmbt2. I just grabbed Tums on the way home but if they don't give me much relief I'll work my way up the list, lol.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    greenbean-2greenbean-2 member
    edited April 2019
    I had around 3 days of relief from nausea and vomiting and now it’s back. I remember some of you with earlier due dates went through this too. It’s so discouraging 🙁
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @longhairdntcare Me too! And I need groceries, so that doesn't help me much right now. I hate shopping when I'm hungry; I buy all the worst stuff. 🙊
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    @greenbean-2 same ☹️ It’s freaking depressing 
  • Options
    Ugh. Had frozen pizza for dinner (cooked, obvs.) It was good. Then, I started cleaning up and threw it right back up. Booooooooooooooooo. Morning sickness should be done by noooowaww. So silly of me to think I wouldn't get it because my sisters didn't.
  • Options
    so. hungry. 
    YES. It’s insane. 
  • Options
    cheznet said:
    Ugh. Had frozen pizza for dinner (cooked, obvs.) It was good. Then, I started cleaning up and threw it right back up. Booooooooooooooooo. Morning sickness should be done by noooowaww. So silly of me to think I wouldn't get it because my sisters didn't.
    I'm with you.  I thought it was getting better (I was still vomiting, but very little was coming up usually), but now it's back to multiple times a day.   :'(:'(:'(:'( 

I'm 13 weeks on Sunday, so I'm hoping my body magically knows that's the cut-off point! 
  • Options
    @surprisedftm @greenbean-2 I was literally about to type that I hadn't puked in 2 days, when I had to get up from my work computer, run to the bathrooms and violently throw up. Back here again  :'(:'( I'm 13 weeks tomorrow. I hope it all ends for us ASAP!
  • Options
    @cmbt2 thats only 2 weeks away - very manageable!! I'll stay hopeful!
  • Options
    It definitely wasn't a cure for me, but having regular BMs seems to help when I have nausea. It's like, if I can clear out my system, the food in my stomach has a place to go instead of sitting there waiting to make a reappearance. I realize this may help no one, but just a thought for those who are still desperate for any type of relief with their nausea. Mine is personally still coming in waves every few days, but it's getting better, so I'm incredibly hopeful that it's almost gone!

Now the heartburn, that's another story...
    DD 10/2019