October 2019 Moms
Options

APRIL Symptoms

Re: APRIL Symptoms

• Options
    @cooaladolly have you tried any heat? I found with my first pregnancy the pillow between my legs and a heating pad (ours is one of those bean bag ones you put in the microwave) on my back really helped! Usually by morning things loosened up and the spasms stopped! 
  • Options
    Is anyone else feeling unusually chilly? It's been in the 80s here and I walk around the house with a jacket on. I have to give myself a pep talk before venturing down the cold aisles at the grocery store. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ineedsixeggs My temperature tolerance usually skews to always being cold, to some extent, and my husband - the heat generator - is always a cozy snuggle away. But since being pregnant, I find that I only have, say, a three degree tolerance. A couple degrees too warm or cool make me sweltering or freezing, respectively. It's intense and DH doesn't like being denied his too-hot snuggles all the time. Ha ha!
    DD 10/2019
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Anyone with lower back pain should see a chiropractor who deals with pregnant women. It’s game changing, especially if this isn’t your first go around
    BFP #1 3/07, EDD 11/12/07, MMC 5/7/07
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    BFP #2 5/4/14, EDD 1/15/15, DS1 1/19/15
    BFP #3 8/19/16, EDD 4/30/17, DS2 4/25/17
    BFP #4 12/22/18, EDD 9/6/19 - CP 12/29/18
    BFP #5 1/18/19, EDD 10/3/19, It’s a Girl!
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    High Risk Dx (6/14):  Homozygous MTHFR C677T, protein C & S deficiencies
  • Options
    The insomnia this past week is not fun. I wake up between 3 and 4 and then cannot fall back asleep until 5-5:30. Super amazing when the kids then bounce into the room at 6:30. Blergh.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    cheznet said:
    Just hit 12 weeks and still throwing up almost every morning. Usually before eating. Anyone else? It is because I have this cough that won't go away and I cough until I have to throw up. In general, nausea is getting better, but I can't wait for this to stop.
    I'm in this boat, too.  Right at 11 weeks.  I'm still throwing up pretty regularly throughout the day, but it's mostly just bile at this point.  It feels terrible.  But at least I've stopped peeing every time I do it - that was super fun...  
  • Options
    @nnaelilak
    Yep.....they are evil things, I absolutely hate them. the Target brand wipes work perfect for me.
  • Options
    @cmbt2 plus one on the chiropractor!! I wouldn't have survived my first pregnancy without him!
  • Options
    At exactly 11 weeks and had quite the increase in number of symptoms this week:
    -nausea has limited itself to after dinner only (I am sooo grateful for this!)
    -VERY vivid dreams including an instance of sleep paralysis in which I was dreaming about a home intruder who I watched walk over to my side of the bed and lie on top of me.
    -waking up to pee 3-4x/night
    -insomnia
    -exhaustion resulting in no time spent with my kids since I fall asleep between 6-8pm each night
    -inability to swallow pills (gagging/vomiting) which means I had to switch to a gummy prenatal and a melt away iron supplement

• Options
    @quidditchcapn1120 I haven't been able to take pills the whole time. I'm on chewable where I can and liquids for what I can't (childrens grape claritin liquid is disgusting and I feel so bad for ever making my kids take it). I even found adults liquid tylenol because the headaches make my gagging worse.
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    nnaelilak said:
    @cmbt2 plus one on the chiropractor!! I wouldn't have survived my first pregnancy without him!
    I had horrible, horrible back pain with my first. I complained to my OB who basically said it was due to pregnancy and had to tough it out. With DS2, it started so early and was really debilitating. I got desperate and started googling for options to relieve the pain. One suggestion was to try a chiro, so I asked around and found a recommended one that works with pregnant women. One visit with him led to the discovery that my one hip was over an inch higher than the other and was the cause of my back pain. He also estimated that it had been like that for my entire DS1 pregnancy with how bad it was. It took us 4.5 months of semimonthly visits to get it to finally stay in place after being knocked out for so long, but my lower back pain was gone once we did. It was night and day for me. I know only see him a few times a year as needed since I was able to strengthen the ligaments to hold my hip in proper position. Dumb hip 
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    Ugh... I think I’ve gone up a bra cup size again. 🤦🏼‍♀️
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    The headaches started for me late last week. The nausea is finally better, so I guess it was time for something new.
  • Options
    @nnaelilak I've used the heating pad, which I love, but it's kind of tricky to use because I can't sit in a proper position for it to press where it's most needed.
    @cmbt2 I think you're right. It might be time to see the chiropractor. Hope it's not misaligned hips but I'm def open to seeing if they can't help me out.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    @jenferlee82 Same here 😕 I have an appointment tomorrow and I’m I’m going to ask about a magnesium supplement so I don’t have to keep popping Tylenol 
  • Options
    greenbean-2greenbean-2 member
    edited April 2019
    Ok guys knock me back to reality - is it at all possible for a STM to feel movement at 11 weeks? It seems way too early but I could have sworn I just felt something (but I would have sworn I felt movement for months after DD was born, too, so there’s that). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @greenbean-2 I do think it's too early. But I was told I was crazy as a FTM w/DS feeling it at 15 so what do I know 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @greenbean-2 I don’t think it’s too early pending your body type and where your placenta is. I definitely felt movement today during/after my ultrasound and I felt my second really early as well. 

@cmbt2 chiro work during pregnancy is my secret sauce!! I also have hip alignment issues. My last two pregnancies I went because of a need - first was breech and we were trying to get her to flip, threw out my back with my second. This time I’m being proactive. I started adjustments as soon as I found out. Bonus is that your body will be in optimal positioning for a smooth labor. 
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @greenbean-2 Around 12 1/2 weeks I thought I felt some fluttering one night. I’ve felt it a few times since...usually when I’m in bed at night and can kind of concentrate on my uterus, if that makes sense. 
  • Options
    @greenbean-2 Around 12 1/2 weeks I thought I felt some fluttering one night. I’ve felt it a few times since...usually when I’m in bed at night and can kind of concentrate on my uterus, if that makes sense. 
    I have had this too since last week when I was 13 weeks. A friend of mine told me what to look for and if I lightly press my hand on my uterus, now that it has moved up, I can sometimes feel a light fluttering like butterfly wings. 
  • Options
    Ok guys knock me back to reality - is it at all possible for a STM to feel movement at 11 weeks? It seems way too early but I could have sworn I just felt something (but I would have sworn I felt movement for months after DD was born, too, so there’s that). 
    I had the same thought at the beginning of this week. I almost came on here and mentioned in randoms that the quickening could be coming for some of us soon, but lol, I also had the same thought as you that it must be too early. Just bubbles here and there so totally likely gas, but had me thinking.
    Me: 41 / Fiance: 35 +  One DS, one dog & two kitties...
    First BFP: 1/17/16 = EDD 9/21/16 (MMC)
    Second BFP: 6/24/16 (CP)
    Third BFP: 2/7/17 = EDD 10/20/17 🌈 *** BORN 10/23 *** 🌈
    Fourth BFP : 2/5/19 = EDD 10/14/19
         BabyGaga
  • Options
    Tired in the middle of the day, pee after I just went, sore nipples. Dizzy and nausea went away over a week ago. I'm 14+1
  • Options
    I'm almost 12 weeks. Felt great yesterday for the first time since I found out I was pregnant but the exhaustion and nausea came back this afternoon. Ladies, when did you start feeling like yourselves, again?
  • Options
    @dianek83 I still have the night nausea at 14 weeks. I pretty much feel back to myself until about 5-6pm and then it’s nausea until I go to bed. This is longer than I had with my other 2 so I don’t know if/when it will go away 😟. You’re close to when it should be improving , though some have it the entire pregnancy. 
  • Options
    cmbt2 said:
    dianek83 said:
    I'm almost 12 weeks. Felt great yesterday for the first time since I found out I was pregnant but the exhaustion and nausea came back this afternoon. Ladies, when did you start feeling like yourselves, again?
    After delivery...
    I was thinking maybe around the time the kid is 6 months old. :D
    Sounds about right! 😆
  • Options
    @greenbean-2 I swear I've been feeling fluttering this past week too! I'm 13 weeks today 
  • Options
    @nnaelilak @greenbean-2
    Same here with the flutters! I thought it was way to early for that but kinda awesome I will say.
  • Options
    I've been having awful heartburn, even with taking zantac. I think I'm gonna be sleeping sitting up by the end of this pregnancy!!
  • Options
    @nnaelilak @greenbean-2 The other day DH was cuddled up to me and had accidentally kind of trapped my belly, it didn’t hurt. But I swear I felt a flutter in that area as a get off me kind of move. It sure didn’t feel like gas but it’s so early. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    My boobs are so sore this week, I can barely handle a bra but if they tough anything it’s a good amount of pain. I started feeling fluttering today, and I’m trying to view that as the positive through this sinus infection/ pneumonia that is taking forever to get better.
  • Options
    cmbt2cmbt2 member
    alinic916 said:
    I've been having awful heartburn, even with taking zantac. I think I'm gonna be sleeping sitting up by the end of this pregnancy!!
    Try Pepcid. It’s also class B. If that doesn’t work, Prevacid is class C and so is Prilosec and it’s not uncommon for pregnant women to end up on them
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
    ~~~  ~~~  ~~~
  • Options
    @cmbt2 I tried pepcid before I was pregnant and didn't seem to help. I'm going to mention it to my OB at my next appointment. She said if Zantac doesn't work she'll put me on something prescription strength. I was having heartburn issues (maybe an ulcer too?) before I even got pregnant, I've just been ignoring it for a while. I knew it was going to be bad. It's fine if I stay away from big meals or sweets.
  • Options
    I swear, I got up at least 10 times to pee last night. I'm glad I'm on spring break so I can just lay in bed and try to get more sleep only to get up to pee every 5 minutes, but I'm really not looking forward to going back to work next week if this keeps up...
  • Options
    So I had the weirdest thing last night into this morning. After like 1-2am i woke up constantly with dizzy spells and was really hot, then the drive in I was super nauseous. I think I was just hungry, but still...not fun, especially the dizziness.
  • Options
    I keep getting the occasional sharp pain in my uterus. I’m assuming this is round ligament pain? I’ve learned I need to take it very slow getting up or reaching for things or I get it real bad. I guess baby is doing some growing in there. 🌱
  • Options
    @novicemama yupppp! Even when I sneeze lately my uterus tends to seize up and MH looks at me like 🤨 and I’m just over here bent over like carry on, don’t mind me lol
  • Options
    @novicemama -- I have that too! If I turn too quickly when I'm adjusting positions while sleeping the shot of pain will wake me up.

@Schumerator It also happens if I sneeze too hard 😂. I've started having to do the dainty girl sneezes that you don't let come all the way out. Allergy season is kicking my butt here in VA