July 2019 Moms

Re: Randoms w/o 3/25

• My body hates grocery stores while pregnant. I either have extreme Braxton hicks contractions or I get hot & dizzy and have to sit in the middle of the aisle so I don’t pass out. Today— I almost passed out. I looked so ghostly that someone stopped me and asked if I was okay while I was still walking— and I’m not showing through clothes yet so people are even more confused. 
  • @bartonolivia That's terrible, I hope it doesn't persist! Grocery store should be a happy place. 

DS is still plodding along with some mystery virus. I may have to take him back to urgent care after dinner. His fever is persisting and he's complaining of some neck pain now :( I hoped we were in the clear because he tested neg for flu and strep but no such luck just yet.. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamanbebe I’m sorry he still isn’t feeling well. My youngest tested negative for strep last year in the drs office, but they sent it off to the lab anyways, the rapid tests they do in the office sometimes give false negatives. It ended up coming back positive. He was given some antibiotics and was good to go after that. 

We’re working on getting the boys set up in their new room, and getting the nursery put together! Definitely entered the nesting phase!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @nolemomma14 Thank you for that! He's feeling a little better right now but if things persist in the morning for a recheck I'll be sure to ask for the test to be sent to lab. 
  • @bartonolivia Have you had your blood sugar checked? I wonder if you’re a little hypoglycemic.  I get really shaky/dizzy if I don’t eat every few hours to keep my blood sugar up. 
  • ordering our closet organizer system tonight, pretty excited! First step in getting all the house projects done before she gets here! 
  • @jenniferjoy37 yeah my doctor said it’s probably more of a low blood pressure issue. I always eat small “meals” every 3 hours to keep my blood sugar stable and drink lots of water because I have this problem a lot. Some days are just way worse than others for some reason. It usually doesn’t happen this late in pregnancy for me. Usually just around the first trimester so this is different! 
  • @bartonolivia isn’t the 2nd tri notorious for having lower BP’s anyway? I hope that feeling goes away quickly for you! 
  • @bartonolivia my dr said dizziness from low blood pressure is very common/normal in the second trimester
    it happens to me. I try to get up slowly to let my body adjust. If it happens when I’m already up I sit down right away.
  • @bartonolivia Having the same issue despite eating around the clock and drinking lots of water. I don't remember it being this bad with my first, but my BP is always the same when I go get checked out. I just take more breaks and luckily my boss lets me lie down by my desk if I need 15-20min to not be upright. It helps a lot. How much are you moving around? Does it tend to hit around a certain time of day (post-lunch for me, for example)?
  • @bartonolivia yikes, hope that starts to go away as you move further along in your pregnancy!
    @mamanbebe poor thing, I hope he starts to feel better. We have the same kind of thing going around the office right now. I'm trying to stay as far away as possible!

I live in the Midwest, but every year around this time I have denial that we won't get more snow, which is so ridiculous. It snowed a week before our April wedding. Towards the end of March I refuse to wear any boots or warmer coats. I'm convinced that Spring really is here regardless of the temperature outside. Luckily, I'm running a little warmer these days.

• @foodislove well I’m a SAHM so I’m just constantly chasing around my kids & I try to get a workout in at least 4 days a week. It was mid day for me yesterday and started at the grocery store and lasted all night. But I take the time to rest a lot too when my kids are being good & playing well with each other! It doesn’t happen every day for me, just usually starts when I’m at the grocery store 😂 I do get up and get dizzy a lot but I was about to completely pass out in Walmart. Not just the normal “got up to fast” feeling. 
  • @bartonolivia I'd recommend maybe upping your salt intake for a bit? You may not be retaining as much of the water you are drinking as you think. Pickles or gatorade, etc. may help. 
  • @foodislove I didn’t think about that! I’ll definitely try that. Although salt makes me nervous because my legs already get swollen 😂
  • Thinking of @nopegoat and the fire ... how’s the air quality?
  • @mamanbebe poor DS and poor you! Is he having neck pain or a sore throat? Whenever I hear fever and neck pain I get nervous about meningitis. I know it's rare and I'm sure he's fine but I'd get checked for it just in case. I hope he's better soon.
  • Why do I keep overeating??? I know I can't eat regular-sized meals but each time, I still overdo it. I had no problem controlling my portions before I was pregnant. I'm not even hungry! I just want to EAT. Ugggghhh, indigestion!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I’ve just come from an afternoon in L&D. As much as I want to meet my baby, there was no way I wanted to meet her today, so I’m glad she seems to be staying put. I guess now I know what Braxton Hicks feels like! The plus side: I got to hear my little girl’s heartbeat and general movements for two and a half hours while hooked up to some fetal monitoring devices. 💗 I’m glad I went in—the cramps were worrying me, but I feel so at ease now. 
  • @pizzaplz 😯 glad your LO is staying put a while longer. 
  • @pizzaplz glad everything is okay.

@samanthak46 same! I've only been wearing my cardigans out even if it 35 F degrees in the morning. 

@mamanbebe hope he starts feeling better soon.

These pregnancy hormones. Dh is gone for 2 weeks. I've been so sad and lonely when dd is at school. Aside from 2-3 day trips for family we've never been apart for long. 
  • This month is so terrible. In addition to my son having some raging mystery virus, my dog now has a major infection in her mouth from her tooth extraction last week and the bone is showing. I feel like a horrible person for not being able to catch it sooner and now I’m really worried. I’ve never seen a dental wound like this and I don’t know how extensively bad it is or what it will take to treat it. I called emergency vet and they seem to think she should be fine until morning but I’m so nervous. 
  • key33key33 member
    One more blood draw to go and I can finally eat. I'll be so happy this glucose test is over and behind me.
  • @mamanbebe I'm so sorry to hear about your dog now.  Don't feel bad--it's so hard to notice those things on our pets.  Especially when you are dealing with a sick child.  I hope everything goes well today--keep us updated, i'll be thinking of you!
  • @mamanbebe oh girl! You’ve got a lot going on. I hope your dog feels better soon!  

@key33 I’m hoping for a good test for you today! I can’t imagine doing the 3 hour test!

I’ve had 2 of my patients come up to me this week (in a matter of 2 days time) and ask to touch my belly. 1) Uhhh, no thank you. I won’t let my mom or MIL touch it yet, thank you very much. 2) Thank you for asking. I appreciate you asking before you touch me. What is it with people wanting to touch a bump? So weird! 
  • key33key33 member
    @mamanbebe - I hope your LO is feeling better soon and everything is ok with your dog. Dogs have such high pain tolerances for things it can be so hard to notice something is off.

@jenniferjoy37 - I only had to do the two hour, which is bad enough. I was hoping for a 1 hour, since this is #3 and I've never had a problem. 

I also hate all those who want to touch the bump. Thankfully asides from my kids and husband no one else has tried... yet.
  • @mamanbebe so glad to hear both are on the mend!! When it rains, it pours, right?! 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Congrats on your new additions @Cbeanz! So sweet!! 😍 😍 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @cbeanz <3 And congrats on your baby chicks! That reminds me to take DS to visit our local homestead supply store to see the spring chicks when he's feeling better :) 

@mamahmh2 It really does! I joked last week, wondering if mercury was in retrograde because it's been a rocky month for so many people.. and of course it is. 
  • @Cbeanz OMG! So cute! Baby animals are just irresistible. 
    @mamanbebe that explains EVERYTHING!!

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• @bartonolivia Have you had iron levels checked? I'm always on iron while pregnant because I tend to be anemic. I get pretty lightheaded if I'm not taking it and have to be on my feet a long time!
  • I've seen that many of us are feeling angry this week. What the heck. 
    I'm usually pretty chill, but I just got SO frustrated with people today I had to go take a walk to cool off. I needed to or I was going to send an email that I was going to regret. Ugh. 
  • Just watched Amy Schumer’s Netflix special growing...so funny! Almost peed a few times from laughing 🤣 
  • @jennm0724 we must’ve been watching at the exact same time! Too funny! I can’t believe she yanked her dress up to show off the bump 😂😂😂

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16

• @mamahmh2 right!? I was dying! Double bandaids 🤣🤣 
  • @bartonolivia I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this now! What a pain! I hope it goes away quickly for you! And yes, very good reminder! 
  • Oldest DS threw up at school AGAIN - multiple times this year, and DH is on a tear talking about homeschooling because he's kind of pissed. I'm not at homeschooling, but I'm thinking it might be time for a doctor's appointment to figure out why this keeps happening.