November 2019 Moms

Group 1: November 1st-8th- Check-in w/o 3/10

We have a few more people so perhaps we can start group check-ins? Or whatever we decide together :)

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? 

Re: Group 1: November 1st-8th- Check-in w/o 3/10

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov.3rd. 6 weeks+1 day Baby is the size of a(n):sweet pea
     Upcoming Appointments: Midwife on the 3rd.
    How are you feeling?:Nauseated and exhausted.  Rants/Raves: none, oddly
     Questions: Anyone else have multiple pregnancies with horrible morning sickness and then one with only a little nausea? 
    If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Oreo ice cream cake or Maria's lime ice box cake 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/2 6w2d 

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea! 

Upcoming Appointments: first midwife appointment on 3/26 at 8w3d

How are you feeling?: A little queasy, but otherwise great because I passed my 3hr glucose test! (They tested me early due to high BMI)

Rants/Raves: Half caf iced coffee is a game changer for this coffee addict. Cutting back has been rough! 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? My homemade spinach and artichoke dip and veggies/ pita chips for dipping. 

• Loading the player...
  • @tashia5587 awesome news about your glucose test!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 4th/ 6w

Baby is the size of a(n): lady bug

Upcoming Appointments: 3/25 for first us at 8w

How are you feeling?: so nauseous, the past three days have been the worst so far. Cramping at times and constipated. 

Rants/Raves: Got to see my parents this past weekend and tell them our news

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Right now all I could stomach bringing is crackers. Normally I’d probably bring pesto caprese pasta salad 
  • Est  due date / weeks + days: Nov.  2/ 6 weeks 3 days

Baby is the size of a: lady bug! 

Upcoming appointments: won't see my current ob until April 1! We are doing an orientation with a birthing center and a hospital based midwife practice at the end of March though, and i hope to switch to one of them. 

How are you feeling? Couldn't finish breakfast or lunch today because of nausea 😫

Rave: we are making progress removing wallpaper in our dining room! 

Questions: I always like to bring my orzo salad! It has feta cheese,  sundried tomatoes,  balsamic vinaigrette... yummy!

@tashia5587 glad to hear about your glucose test! 

@kopp5988 pesto caprese salad sounds amazing!!! 
  • Hi group 1! Looking forward to getting to know you ladies over the next few months. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6+1

Baby is the size of a(n): sweat pea, chocolate chip

Upcoming Appointments: I have an appointment today this with the nurse where they just do bloodworm and iron levels and ask me if I take prenatals... then 3/25 for a u/s with my OB. 

How are you feeling?: I was feeling pretty good most of the day but now I'm starting to feel nauseous. Mostly I've felt tired and nauseous and fat.

Rants/Raves: Just ready to go back to bed now.. 

Probably a big fruit salad and like a pound cake or something, with fresh whipped cream!

@tashia5587 so glad that you passed your glucose test!
    @kopp5988 that salad sounds so good I love pesto! Were your parents excited about your news?
    @sassafras917 removing wallpaper is the actual worst. Glad you are moving along with it!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 7th / 5w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: My first appointment is on 3/27 when I'll be 7w6d

How are you feeling?: Exhausted but otherwise I'm feeling great.  The nausea didn't set in until around 8-9 weeks when I was pregnant with my daughter , so I'm trying to enjoy this while I can. 

Rants/Raves:  I'm so excited. We're leaving to go to Disney World on Thursday!! 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? I would probably bring a potato salad or a caprese salad. 
    Me: 36  DH: 40
    Together since 2007 | Married June 2013

TTC #1: June 2015
    BFP: 11/9/16 |  EDD: 7/22/17
       <3 DD born 7/16/17

TTC #2: December 2018
    BFP: 2/26/19 | EDD: 11/7/19
    <3 DS born 11/3/19 

TTC #3: January 2024
    Mirena out 1/23/24
  • Due date buddy! I'm expecting to go past due,though.
  • @creamcheeseplease they were so excited! My mom’s younger sister (by 3 years) has two daughter who just each a daughter last year and she was having major “grandma envy” as she put it hahaha. Also now I’m craving whipped cream and pound cake!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 7th/5w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday is my first nurse appointment. I'll be 6 weeks exactly. Hoping to have a dating ultrasound!

How are you feeling?: I had a bad cold all last week and I'm finally feeling better. I started taking b6 and unisom at night so I haven't been too nauseous. Sometimes a little in the evenings. It started around this time with my daughter. Of course I'm worried because I don't have more symptoms. My boobs were super sore with DD and nothing this time. I keep reminding myself each pregnancy is different!

Rants/Raves: I'm working 3 days this week and hopefully 5 days next week. Hopefully my exhaustion and nausea stays away! 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Probably something easy and lazy I could pick up at the store on the way there!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 11/8. Measured at 5w4d at this month's US
    Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed
    Upcoming Appointments: 2nd US next Wednesday, 3/20
    How are you feeling?: Lots of queasiness in the afternoons/evenings. And definitely feeling the fatigue. 
    Rants/Raves: I was lucky enough to be able to take time off from working to focus on IVF. Been on "funemployment" for 4 months but definitely ready to go back to work. Can only go to the gym but so much and the cat isn't the best conversationalist (need human interaction!)
    Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Probably something sweet. I'm a great baker! Would treat you guys to my famous filled cookie cups :-) 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 11/8 5w3d  (@erins_321 yay due date buddy)
    Baby is the size of a(n): Sesame Seed
    Upcoming Appointments: 3/19 for confirmation test at the dr
    How are you feeling?: Relatively good - I am definitely tired and I have to pee ALL the time but my symptoms in previous pregnancies usually kick up around 7 weeks so I am enjoying my reprieve.
    Rants/Raves: Why do husbands get to act moody when they aren't pregnant. 
    Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Alcohol, I am always the first to bring wine.  Except when pregnant of course then I bring cookies.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD November 8th, currently 5w 3days

Baby is the size of a(n): Black Peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments: I have my first appointment with my Physician on March 27th and he will refer me to an OB.

How are you feeling?:  Tired, heartburn, tender breast, nausea (which is the first out of my 2 other pregnancies) bloated and occasional cramps.  Nothing out of the ordinary lol

Rants/Raves:  We had my son's 5th birthday party Saturday and even if I wanted to announce to EVERYONE I was pregnant, I kept it secret.  I was pretty glad we had a successful birthday in our first home as well!  

Questions:  none at the moment.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 1st/ 6w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Maine Blueberry

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for the heart beat :)

How are you feeling?: still bloated and having some food aversions.

Rants/Raves: my HCG and progesterone numbers are increasing! 
    I’m exhausted all the time lol

A corn avocado salad :smile:
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments: 04/03

How are you feeling?: Mostly good minus tender breasts, bloating, and back ache. Nervously waiting for the inevitable MS that I've had with both of my other pregnancies. 

Rants/Raves: I'm probably just being paranoid but I swear kids in my school have been staring at my stomach already...I'm super bloated so probably do look pregnant compared to normal.

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Baked potato salad
  • @christalfung maybe you're making up for my lack of nausea? Sorry about that :p  I had it with both of my other 2 pregnancies and have yet to get it (or cravings for that matter) yet...

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 11/7 .... 5wks 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): opening end of a straw!? interesting! 

Upcoming Appointments: first US scheduled for 3/22 

How are you feeling?: so. much. bloat. queasy here and there, dizzy, and weirdly out of breath after walking up the stairs, craving spicy food! Anxiously waiting for our first us to see our little bean and hopefully hear a heartbeat. Staying cautiously optimistic. 

Rants/Raves: I am sooooo freakin moody....like i feel bad for my DH, but he's been a champ dealing with it one mood at a time! 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Not sure if anyone said this yet....but I would bring watermelon, allllllll the watermelon! 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/6 5w 6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Today, the weight of a grain of rice!

Upcoming Appointments: 4/2

How are you feeling?: Overall, pretty good! A little tired and I get really hungry, especially at night. 

Rants/Raves: There is so much info online that can terrify a 37 year old pregnant with her first child! I'm so excited but got a bit weepy today reading about some risks. 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Brussels sprout/quinoa salad! It sounds impossibly healthy but is actually delicious and all of it got eaten at my last work potluck. :)

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 2/ 6w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate chip!

Upcoming Appointments: Monday for first ultrasound! So nervous and excited.

How are you feeling?: hungover minus the drinks. So tired, nauseous and sore beasts.

Rants/Raves: My husband and I have been trying for over a year and after a few chemicals, this one feels so hopeful!! 🥰

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Watermelon, arugula, jalapeño, feta salad!!!
  • @aejonesrn you are DEFINITELY invited to the cookout ;)
  • Knottie that salad sounds amazing! Would you mind changing your username so we can interact with you? You may have to log out and back in for it to show up. 
  • fmar8fmar8 member
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 7th / 5w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: My first appointment is on 4/1 when I'll be 8w4d

How are you feeling? I’m so exhausted all the time. I get home from work at about 6pm and I’m ready for a nap. I take naps on my lunch break. I sleep whenever I can. Except at night where I can’t stay comfortable in one position for more than and hour and I wake up and have trouble getting comfortable again. I get a little nauseous every couple of hours if I haven’t eaten so I’ve been giving myself little healthy snacks throughout the day. My breast have also been sore. And bloating. 

Rants/Raves:  I'm so excited! This is my first pregnancy and everyone in my family and fiancés family has been so helpful and supportive!

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? I would bring whatever the hostess tells me they need me to bring! 
  • Hi everyone!

EDD: November 8 (5w5d)

Baby is the size of an orange seed.

I just got my blood draw this afternoon and will call in the morning for my appointment.

I’m exhausted and nauseous. And overwhelmingly anxious. This is my third baby, so I know that I’m usually sick from about 4 weeks on and the exhaustion will go away, but I don’t remember being this nervous before. Uncharted territory jitters, I’m sure.

Rant/rave? Rant: I was dehydrated and my veins are terrible anyway so the first blood draw try didn’t work. Rave: The phlebotomist was amazing and let me go home to drink and come back when I was ready. One more try and I was good to go!

I would probably bring an amazing southwest pasta salad that I discovered this past summer. Or some mixers for palomas (if we weren’t all pregnant) - like margaritas, but even more amazing. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Jbos82 pasta salad sounds amazing right now. I'm ready for all the summer foods, I think!

@runningfortwo81 I assume you are a runner :) Me too. Are you continuing to run while pregnant?

@aejonesrn the out of breath sucks.. I hate being out of breath just walking to a meeting down the hall :(

@Rawa1416 I think my boss has already noticed my bloated stomach as well. I hate this time, where you're hiding it, but its all you can think about, and then I have to pretend to care about work and stuff.. lol. What grade do you teach?

@MusicalFamily avocado is so good! I'm glad all your appointments have been going well :)

@christalfung Happy birthday to your son! My son's second birthday party is this weekend and I'm also going to be keeping it a secret from most of the attendees. I think it will be hard given how crappy I've been feeling!

@erins_321 are you job hunting, or did you go on leave for your job?

@alm52386 I also had the sore boobs last time but not this time! Maybe they just remember the changes so aren't sore, haha. Mine also have not grown that much yet. which is sad because I'm a member of the itty bitty titty committee, lol. 

@klstone25 hope you're having an amazing time in disney!
  • @creamcheeseplease yes! The struggle is real. I teach 2nd grade!
  • Hi everyone
    EDD: november 2nd 
    Size:The size of a chocolate chip
    Complaints: super yucky morning sickness and sore chest. Sleeping a lot
    Positives have ultrasound pic and appointment on the 21 of march for diabetic testing. 
    I can't wait for summer food and the taste of in season veggies. The warmth of the sun would be so nice too.
  • knottie4f314c994ac422dc Same EDD! I did my 1hr glucose at 4w2d and the 3 hr at 5w6d. I failed the 1, but passed the 3. My fasting number was a little elevated, so I'll probably need to be tested two more times. Hope your test goes well!
  • I'm 6 weeks and 3 days. EDD is 11/4. Baby is the size of a chocolate chip! So tiny. First OB appointment on 3/28 - can't wait! I feel pretty good except for occasional dizziness and nausea on and off throughout the day (funnily enough- anytime EXCEPT morning, go figure). If I were going to a cookout I would bring rye dip, easy and delicious!
  • @creamcheeseplease I chose to completely leave the job vs just taking a leave of absence. I live in north Jersey and was commuting into NYC every day - sometimes 2-3 hours each way depending on traffic. I knew once I was ready to go back to work it would be closer to home in NJ. With a high stress job in PR, I knew I needed to take a break and allow myself to focus on being healthy for the ivf process. Such a blessing to have DH be completely supportive of this. 

And big news, I just found out today I got a new job! Start date is 4/8. I'll be 9 weeks and not ready to tell so hiding it from the new coworkers will be interesting! 
  • @doglover87 last time I would wake anywhere between 11pm - 3am with severe nausea. I would be hugging the toilet. The rest of the day I just had a constant nauseous feeling but never actually got sick. It was the weirdest thing. 

Knottie, can you change your username? It is really hard to interact with you when we can't tell you apart from the other knottienumbers. You may need to log out and back in for it to work. 
  • @erins_321 congrats!! I also left a high pressure job in Manhattan last year to be closer to home. I’m north of the city. 
  • @creamcheeseplease I am a runner! :) I do plan to run although I have no problem taking walk breaks and not pushing it or whatever I need. I also like swimming and weights and yoga so I'm up for whatever feels good! The timing on this was kind of nice, I ran a half marathon in January and was kind of ready to back off on higher mileage anyway.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 7 / 6 weeks exactly today

Baby is the size of a(n): pea

Upcoming Appointments: still trying to decide where to go

How are you feeling?: Ok, I’ve been feeling pretty fatigued and mildly naseous

Rants/Raves: I think I’m much more teary than usual. The other day I was watching some old excerpts of American Ninja Warrior and watching them conquer the obstacles was making me almost cry. I had a really bad day yesterday and today DH let me sleep in while he took care of DS before daycare even though that’s usually my job, and he made arrangements for DS after daycare so I could go out in the afternoon and do something fun. Yay for DH being awesome!

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Ooh, fun one! Either mushroom fake-meat pie or raspberry dark chocolate scones, both homemade. Or deviled eggs if I’m feeling lazy/tired.

tashia5587 congrats on passing the glucose test!

kopp5988 aw sorry you’re feeling so icky! Pesto caprese pasta salad sounds awesome though

@creamcheeseplease your dessert idea reminds me of a really rich cake I used to make for July 4th cookouts – 2 layers of pound cake with whip cream and cut berries in between, whip cream on top and then using strawberries and blueberries to make an American flag. It was always a big hit!

klstone25 have fun at Disney World!

erins_321 Now I’m curious, what is a cookie cup? Congratulations on the new job!!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • MusicalFamilyMusicalFamily member
    edited March 2019
    @erins_321 I currently have the commute. I live in Suffolk county (Long Island) and commute to Brooklyn. I don’t know how long I’m going to last doing this. Where in NYC did you teach? 

ETA: I am a music teacher.
    congrats on the new job!
  • Hi everyone!
    My EDD is Nov 5. I am 6w/3d with my first!
    My baby is the size of a chocolate chip!
    I have my first appt Mar 19 and it can't come soon enough! I am so nervous as have has 2 losses.
    I have sore boobs, constant nausea but not sick, I have a healthy appetite despite being nauseous, really tired and very little motivation to exercise (was extremely active before) also bloated.
    Am I normal!!? Nervous here!!
    Also... I would take kiwi to a picnic!!
    Thanks, Heidi

• estimated date is nov 3 6 weeks and 5 days 
    baby is size of a ladybug 🐞 
    i had an appt yesterday & ultra sound today with another appt after. so far everything is good 😊
    i’m tired all the time & no motivation to exercise or walk my dog even 🙃
    no rants or raves i’m pretty happy about everything happening 
    i’d bring pasta salad and frosted cookies to a cookout 🤪
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 3rd - 6w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Honey Bee 

Upcoming Appointments: March 25th. Ultrasound, Labs and "Maternity Coach" Appointment 

How are you feeling?: Mostly nauseated but also: thirsty, fat, bloated, headaches, cravings, tired, lazy, cramps and EXCITED!

Rants/Raves: Last baby, feeling anxious about telling people as we already have 4 children together. Worried about people judging us. We knew there was a missing piece and we were blessed to get that piece. Feeling whole and complete now! ❤️

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? Cheesy potatoes! 
  • @geshem check out our site www.savory2sweet.com - a side biz my friend and I ran 😁
  • @erins_321 fancy! I think my favorite would be Erin's Classic!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    EDD 11/7, 6w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea!

Upcoming Appointments: 3/29...ultrasound, bloodwork, all that lovely stuff 

How are you feeling?: Pretty terrible. Constantly nauseous, lots of food aversions. But feeling positive that this means baby is growing well! :) 

Rants/Raves: Sobbed on the airplane today after watching A Star Is Born...dang hormones! But raving on my husband becauses he’s been the most kind and supportive partner I could dream of the past few weeks! :) 

Questions: If we were going to a cook-out together, what would you bring? My cheesy ranch potatoes!