April 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 3/4

Hooray for the month before our EDDs!!
Birth month is just around the corner. :-)

Re: Symptoms 3/4

• Options
    Pretty sure my ankles are twice their normal size right now. It’s a super great look.
  • Options
    I got slapped in the face with some serious exhaustion yesterday and today. Hit me out of nowhere! And RLS is the weirdest thing...  :s 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Reflux! Oh, and I peed my pants for the first time during a coughing fit. That was fun!
  • Options
    @kangstadt what's sexy time😂    It's been...months...and I think I've forgotten what it is🤔
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    @kangstadt I think you need more data points before you can say for sure ;)

Made and ate brownies for my only food today, have terrible heartburn. Possibly still worth it. 
  • Options
    rccwrccw member
    1:02 am here on the east coast. Still very much suffering from hot flashes and insomnia. EDD soon come! 
  • Options
    @squirttheturtle, :lol:.  It definitely hasn't been very frequent lately!

@lyse01, you may be right, I just have to find that magical combination of it not being midnight and me feeling halfway decent for longer than an hour to test it out again, haha.

@rccw, I feel you.  I've been consistently waking up two or three times a night and I always wake up fifteen minutes to an hour before my alarm goes off.  Why, body?!  Let me sleep!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pregsomnia going strong here. Been up since 3:45. Baby has been kicking/punching/rolling/fighting my insides all morning. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So, I guess, eating now makes me nauseous enough to throw up😑

• Options
    @kangstadt Nice to see someone else calls it "sexy time" too! DH and I were just talking aboht how we'll need to change up what we say at home soon.
    @lyse01 I ate such a big piece of brownie yesterday. 😣 Did not regret it at all, but I wish I were robotic in the sense of being able to stick to my diet plan!! Haha 1) I'm human 2) I'm pregnant It's nice to know I'm not alone in large consumption of chocolate 😉
    Is anyone getting pressure in your face periodically, like a hanging upside down feeling, from time to time when sitting or lying down? I'm either feeling baby push her body against my abdomen when it happens or I'm having BH in one spot down the center of my abdomen. Not sure what I'm feeling, but wondering if anyone relates to the brief head pressure.
  • Options
    So baby is kicking / rolling / moving in a way that is giving me sporadic nausea and stomach cramps? So weird. 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty, I'm not gonna say I miss the subtle movements when baby was smaller, buuut... yeah.  Feeling like our insides are punching bags is a different kind of torture, for sure!

@squirttheturtle, that blows, I'm sorry!  Do ginger drops or tea help at all?

@mighty_montgomery, haha, yep, but you be got awhile til you need to change phrasing!  Our 4yo is still oblivious when my DH suggests we stick him in front of the TV and go take a shower.  Not that that's happened for awhile either - shower sex is no fun normally, much less while pregnant, lol.  And can't say I have any experience with the sensation you're describing, but maybe bring it up at your next checkup?

Also, my sweet tooth is out of control as well - that Boston cream pie I bought on Friday may or may not have been gone by Sunday....

@professormama, my little guy's movements have definitely triggered Braxton hicks for me sometimes, but thankfully not nausea yet.  Maybe they're managing to kick your stomach just right from the inside... gotta love parenting :tongue:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @squirttheturtle eating has definitely been making me nauseous on/off through third tri. It sucks!
    Things that have sorta helped me, if you want to try them: no bra or anything at all constricting my diaphragm; and kinda weirdly, tums. The nausea for me is maybe heartburn-related? Anyway, hope that it doesn’t last too long for you...
  • Options
    @kangstadt I feel the same way about shower sex. 😒 I just can't get into it with the running water distracting me and the standing position, but DH considers it a treat. I don't think I could O in the shower but it's great for him that he can.
  • Options
    My hips/pubic bone hurt so bad I can barely walk. Rolling over in bed is like death bc my lower abdominals hurt so bad! Also butt pain, I feel like I constantly have to poop. Oh and lightening crotch. I just love it.
  • Options
    @kangstadt and @mesweettea thanks.

I've been sipping 3rd tri and peppermint tea.  I honestly think today's episode was exacerbated because I shaved my legs and this all happened after I showered. Unfortunately,  little dude is still really high, he's dropped but still pretty much in my stomach.  I've been trying smaller more frequent meals.  I live in yoga pants and loose clothes.  And Mylox/GasX has been working better than Tums.  Just very much done.

• Options
    @kangstadt I wonder if that's why I slept so well last Thursday, we had sexy time! Of course I wont tell DH of the possible correlation bc, well, I dont crave much sexy time these days. And possible TMI, even when I feel like having sexy time I dont think I've had an orgasm since I got pregnant. So, while it's still ok, I miss my O's. 
  • Options
    @kangstadt @rennie1108 +1 for sexytimes being the best sleep aid! Fell right asleep and only woke up once in the night! That's a win!

+1 for crazy heartburn

I've basically become a pro at discretely throwing up in my mouth... super fun... 

+1 for crazy pubic bone pain. Sometimes its so bad I cant walk or get out of bed on my own. Hearing what some of you had said on previous threads about SPD makes me wonder if that's what's going on? And if so, for anyone whos gotten an SPD diagnosis, did you receive any treatment (I.E.: physio) that was helpful, or more just, "yupp, that's SPD, pregnancy sucks!"

Baby kicks right to the bladder! Has anyone else had those really hard kicks right in the bladder that you can feel all the way down your urinary tract?
  • Options
    @kate_e_nb yes to the kicks to the bladder and feeling them in my urinary tract. 
  • Options
    @rennie1108, sex during first and second tri was really weird for me as well due to all the increased sensitivity down there.  That sucks about not having any orgasms!  I noticed with me personally that it worked better if DH didn't mess around with a lot of clitoral stuff and got right down to it (but again, I think that was because of the increased sensitivity and it just feeling off).

@kate_e_nb, yay for solid sleep!  I've been getting longer stretches of sleep (I think just because I'm bone-tired), but then when I wake up I have to pee so badly I worry I won't make it to the bathroom, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Major lightning crotch over here. And it often feels like he’s trying to stick a hand through my cervix to wave hello. Mostly I’m just battling cold symptoms and GD related issues so my preg symptoms feel secondary. Basically I’m a hot mess. 
    And also, sexy time has hurt like a mofo for months so it’s been off the table. 
  • Options
    @kangstadt The days where you could get through without peeing yourself seem like a distant pipe dream now haha!
  • Options
    My ankles are huge!! The swelling is out of control! At my last ultrasound on Monday she couldn't even see babies face because he was so low. Guessing that is why I can barely walk now and have to pee every 20 minutes.

I am freezing out my poor family because I am keeping the house so cold. My daughter today told me she can't wait until baby is born so she can feel her toes again :)  
  • Options
    Anyone have miracle remedies for cracked feet? I HATE feet and hate my feet being touched so i dont think i could handle a pedicure but no amount of lotion and baby oil is working. I dont think my tiny fairy feet were meant to handle this wide load. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @phoenix92885 I’ve used the Burt’s bees foot cream and found it really did wonders. The coconut stuff. 
  • Options
    @phoenix92885 at my last pedicure (new place) the tech used a giant chapstick on my feet which felt great and seems to have helped their cracking. I didn’t get a look at the product name. They sold it at the front desk too so when I go back to finish the pedicure (interrupted due to reasons outside my control) I’ll try to get the name of it for you.
  • Options
    @phoenix92885 if the issue is dryness, you can find some aloe vera infused socks (it's a real thing), or find a good fabric softener to use in the wash, or wash your socks yourself with a little conditioner added in and wear them after using a cream, lotion, or whatever you decide on. That'll help keep the skin from drying out so quickly if you normally go barefoot.
  • Options
    @phoenix92885 if they are really dry and cracked, the best way to get them to heal, is to remove the built up dead skin...either by having them shaved or with a pumice stone.  Personally,  I get them shaved and then lotion them like crazy.  The pumice works in between pedis.

• Options
    @kate_e_nb I got a referral to physical therapy from my OB. So I’d ask your doctor what he/she recommends. 

My reflux is so bad that I wake up several times in the night with mouthfuls. I actually think I brushed my teeth in my sleep last night because of it. When I woke up I could tell I had recently brushed (not just the before bed brushing) but I don’t remember doing it lol

I’m jealous of all of you that sleep better after sexy time. I’m always wide awake listening to DH sleep lol

• Options
    Mother f-er the reflux. It’s 3am and I’m sitting up in bed because it’s so damn painful right now. I just want sleep! 
  • Options
    My reflux us turning into heartburn and yup, it's the worst. 3:30 am here!
  • Options
    @rennie1108 and @professormama I was up around the same time last night to with reflux. My throat is getting sore from it
  • Options
    So I didn’t have much to eat today because DD was miserable and just wanted to nurse or sleep on me or both. Ordered chicken parm from the local Italian place that gives enormous portions and ate too much, too fast. Meanwhile, I THINK the baby started kicking up and punching down in a sort of rolling wave of pain that took my breath away five or six times in as many minutes. The pain at the base of my uterus was sharp-tingly. Does that sound familiar to anyone?
  • Options
    Finally getting over my back to back colds after about 5 weeks.  Yesterday i noticed i was doing the model crosswalk thing but only because i was trying not to pee my pants when coughing.
  • Options
    lyse01 said:
    So I didn’t have much to eat today because DD was miserable and just wanted to nurse or sleep on me or both. Ordered chicken parm from the local Italian place that gives enormous portions and ate too much, too fast. Meanwhile, I THINK the baby started kicking up and punching down in a sort of rolling wave of pain that took my breath away five or six times in as many minutes. The pain at the base of my uterus was sharp-tingly. Does that sound familiar to anyone?
    No, thankfully. 😲

The lower half of my belly button has darkened. Why not the upper half too? Haha And the dark line that's supposed to go up to the belly button: it's only in a stretch mark and it only went half way up before quitting. Lol!
  • Options
    @mighty_montgomery fortunately, lying down with water and no DD helped. 

Also, I have no idea if I have a linea nigra...out of sight out of mind!
  • Options
    @lyse01 I'm kind of getting that sensation, too - lots of kicking on the top and punching on the bottom. It's more just tingly and doesn't hurt, but he/she is definitely using my uterus as a punching bag! Also, I've been eating less because of heartburn and diarrhea. I think I'm just getting excited/nervous/antsy the closer it gets and my stomach can get pretty sensitive. I've also read that it's the body's way of cleaning itself out to get ready; however, I also read not to worry because it doesn't mean my body is ready for labor (because as much as I want to be done, baby needs to bake longer!)
  • Options
    mrstmoosemrstmoose member
    edited March 2019
    As someone who has been on pelvic rest since 21 weeks, I'm jealous of everyone's "sexy time." 

eta: also, I'm freaking exhausted all the time. Literally, all the time. 
  • Options
    @mrstmoose I have been sooo lazy. I'm avoiding being hard/negative on myself because I know my quality of sleep is really poor and I'm finishing up making this baby, but I'm also a little embarrassed by how much house work I'm not getting done. DH doesn't seem to mind because I make him dinner and do some chores here and there, but I know I could be accomplishing so much more. I nap in the morning and read in the afternoon more than I get things done around the house and when DH comes home I do some cleaning and make dinner.
    I'm sure your days are much more physically and mentally demanding than mine. Hang in there, I hope your maternity leave comes or your sleep improves soon. ❤