August 2019 Moms
Options

Why my Pregnant Self is Crying w/o 3/1/19

What’s making you cry ladies?

Re: Why my Pregnant Self is Crying w/o 3/1/19

• Options
    Last night I cried b/c I cooked dinner and it turned out awful. We also didn't have anything else in the house to make. DH promptly went out to get food and a giant shake. He is my hero!  :p
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Adele popping up on the playlist... Hello, it's me.... sob...   :'(
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So this happened Tuesday night, and I thought I was over it, but I keep coming back to it. I told DH that at my appointment Friday they are going to want to schedule the AS and so we needed to have a discussion of how we are going to rearrange our schedules to both be there. He replied that while it would be nice to be there he didn't think it was "worth the hassle." 
    Our 2 options were for me to take a long lunch and go mid-day, or ask our nanny to come early (which means she would need to ask her sister to take her daughter to the bus.) Yes, neither is super convenient, but this is finding out the gender of our future child here!!
    I know DH is much less sentimental than me, but I basically broke down in tears and told him I didn't understand how he could not care. I then told him that it was worth the hassle to me for him to be there.
    So current plan he is coming... I do still need to schedule the thing...
  • Options
    @mrosek91 ugh. 😡 I would have been super pissed! The anatomy scan is THE appointment for DH to attend. Even if you elect to not find out the gender there are soooo many other important measurements happening!!!! 
  • Options
    @mrosek91 oh, that would make me cry all the tears. It's also one of the only times you get to see the baby before it's born. I feel like it's good for the dad to be at the first appointment and the a/s. The other ones are fine if they want, but those are the two that really matter. Hopefully once he actually sees the babe up there he'll realize how happy he is to be there.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 @EmilyA724 Thanks! It's good to hear that it's not just me. He's a really great father, and I know he will be there once this kid shows up. He just tends to favor practicality over sentimentality. Which I knew when I married him...
  • Options
    Um, well last night my husband pointed out that my nipples are getting darker. And I just burst into tears. No idea why. Just overwhelmed with all the bodily changes, I guess. 
  • Options
    Yesterday was picture day at school. None of my dresses fit right.  I didn’t look pregnant, just like I had been eating too much.  So I had my first pregnancy meltdown.