August 2019 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 2/28

2»

Re: UO Thursday 2/28

• Options
    YouTube is one of those things that flew right past me. I never really understood the appeal of just searching random videos and it never became my go-to. I'll go to it specifically for a yoga video, but never as a passive medium. As such DD has never watched it. Not because I'm avoiding it (although now I am a bit) but because I never thought about it. I'm sure once she goes to school and her friends talk about it, that will change, and then I will have to monitor. But I kind of forget it exists until it shows up in the media because of a problem. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EmilyA724 i dont even remember how DD was first introduced to youtube...I would say it is fairly recent, maybe past year to year and a half. We were never big youtube fans but there is some content on there we really enjoy now. As a family we watch a lot of travel vlogs. In DDs classroom her teacher even uses it because there are some great videos to help kids get their wiggles out - we used that quite a bit at home when we got hit with like 12 snow days in a few weeks. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @EmilyA724 I also never understood the draw of you tube... then again I can't spend hours on line... I just don't get surfing the web... I get so board... give me a book!
    @Beauxbaton we also do blankets... technically its the safest thing as you can't get the car seat straps tight enough with a winter jacket on. 

we have only recently started letting the kids (3.5) watch TV, and its almost exclusively PBS with a little bit of llama llama on netflix mixed in. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @Allycat11 I have to totally agree with you that my idea of how I would parent is so different from the reality, and that's just with toddlers, I can't image how much farther it will veer from my image of "perfect" by the time they are teenagers.
    But there really is so much you don't/can't know until you're in it...
  • Options
    @mrosek91 Exactly. I refuse to say how I will parent a teen because I really have no idea. Also, each kid is different we have to alter our parenting style just with the 2 we have because their personalities and needs are so different. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    My UO is people who cant take criticism in the work place - how about people learn from their shortcomings or mistakes and figure out how to improve and move on.  There should be no reason that a critique over a project's effectiveness should be taken so personally that it causes an inability for coworkers to collaborate in the future and become emotional over the situation.  Maybe I don't understand because I am not an overly emotional person and can separate work from personal.  

Also, I am not and have never been a fan of youtube or games/apps where kids can communicate with unknown persons.  I work in the field of child exploitation and have seen time and again kids being taken advantage of or being exposed to things that are absolutely inappropriate.  I am ok with "screen time" but when its monitored and not from a source that can be tampered with.  I don't understand people that are ok with taking those risks, but I also have to remind myself that they aren't seeing the worst that society has to offer on a daily basis.  It truly is horrifying the content that many kids and adolescents are exposed to without their parent's knowledge.  
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    @moon1417 yessss! By leaving out the word "not"  they are changing the meaning of the wntire sentence! Drives me crazy!

Also, back on the kids sports topic. Today was the first day of sports sampler for DS. There was a mom there who kept correcting her kids form holding a hockey stick. She kept saying, "Your terrible form is driving me crazy that is not how you do it."  Her kid turns 2 next week, chill your toddler is in sports sampler at the Y, not preparing for the NHL. I am all for helping kids get better but when you are spending more time fixing a toddler's form than just letting him run around and try to hit balls with the stick, there is a problem. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    OMG @sourlemon I was going to post just that!! I have a coworker who says it ALL.THE.TIME. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.  I have another one though.  When people say they are waiting "on line" instead of "in line".  If you're not standing on an actual physical line or on the internet, you're in the line.  I think thats more of a regional thing though.
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    On the topic of people saying things wrong... My husband says things like “this needs washed” or “this needs fixed”... Rather than “this needs to be washed/fixed”, “this needs washing/fixing”. It drives me crazy!! His family says things in the same way so I know that’s where he picked it up.
  • Options
    @becks68 - I have a dog who I adore and consider my baby. My husband has 3 other siblings, all with children from ages 18 mo to 19 yrs. When they're sharing pictures, videos, stories of their children, we joke that we should send pictures of our dog :)
  • Options
    My husband's pet peeve is when people call it a "hot water heater" instead of just a water heater. Now he's harped on it so much over the years that I always notice it when clients mention the "hot water heater". 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl my DD called it the hot water machine one time when we were flushing it. Technically not inaccurate. She was 2.5 at the time and I didnt have the heart to tell her the real name. Ill tell her the real name before she starts dating and sounds dumb, but until then, we have a hot water machine.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    I can't stand the southern propensity to call a hat a toboggan, Nope its a sled! you don't wear a sled on your head.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @EmilyA724 You must try cat videos!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN