August 2019 Moms
Options

PAIF w/o 2/22-2/28

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here.

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Though this thread starts on Fridays/Saturdays, please feel free to post here at any time during the week, whether for good news or bad. Consider this an ongoing conversation. 

This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread. 

How far along are you?
Any symptoms?
Rant/Rave?
Next appointment?
Questions?

GTKYHave you started decorating or planning the nursery - or are you going to be doing so?
**History in Spoiler**
Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
   IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
   IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
   FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
   FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
   FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
   FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
   FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

Re: PAIF w/o 2/22-2/28

• Options
    @mamak225 I'm sorry you've been so stressed this week. I hope what ever it is works its way out and you can enjoy monday!!  I too have not been eating well this week... but sometimes its still survival and what this kid deems OK. I don't eat oreos often but usually love them. I tried one yesterday and it was AWFUL.... it took forever to get the taste out of my mouth... this kid is ruining sweets for me.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wabash15 - I wasn't able to eat many/much sweets with DD1 and certainly not with DD2. Have you tried a sour/sweet combo like pineapple? For some reason, that seemed to satisfy the sweet that I was craving. Unless it's Nerds. I can eat the hell outta them. But cookies, cakes, etc? Nope. Also, I've decided that if I do get dismissed for jury duty (one can hope! and I'mma try my damndest), I'm going to work on Tuesday to lead a big meeting ... and then I'm going to take THE REST OF THE WEEK OFF. "Peace out. Don't call me, don't text me, I need a break from work."
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @MamaK225 so sorry to hear you're having a rough week. hopefully the stress will lessen for you and you do get your WEEK OFF! Also, happy birthday! 

How far along are you? 14+1
    Any symptoms? nope, except for some apparent RLP when i cough...
    Rant/Rave? Rant: I have a cold. it is miserable. I took a half day Wednesday and just slept, felt a bit better yesterday, but now it has moved from my chest (coughing and rlp) to my head...I hate having a stuffy nose. Rave: DH went out of his way to get me potato soup (it is my fav sick food) and a half day of work today as well. 
    Next appointment? next week! 
    Questions?

GTKY: Have you started decorating or planning the nursery - or are you going to be doing so? Not really. we know which room it will be and we've talked generally about where stuff will go. We cleaned out the closet in that room, but so far nothing has been moved and no real "themes" have been discussed. I'd really just like to use items we already have to decorate. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @mamak225 a friend made me some pineapple mango salsa this week that I ate the snot out of Monday and Tuesday... it was sooooo good. Taking the rest of next week off sounds like an amazing idea

@Avrilmai I hope you start feeling better soon.

How far along are you? 15+2
    Any symptoms? some fatigue and RLP but overall not bad
    Rant/Rave? I'm really glad its friday. we're supposed to get more snow tonight/tomorrow but at least we can take our time dealing with it in the morning. 
    Next appointment? in 1 week
    Questions? nope not today

GTKY: Have you started decorating or planning the nursery - or are you going to be doing so? we basically plan to move DD2 in with the other kids and this one will get the baby room. Maybe we will actually finish the art work we planned to have on the walls for DD2 that we started oh 18 months ago and still isnt up!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @MamaK225 I'm sorry about your crummy week--I'm right there with you! Both physical and emotional symptoms and I'm ready for it to be over!

How far along are you? 15 weeks
    Any symptoms? ugh all of them, mainly massive migraine headaches and nausea, but also exhaustion and emotional volatility
    Rant/Rave? On today's week-change description on The Bump and Ovia they're all YAYAY YOU HAVE ALL THE ENERGY NOW AND ARE ALSO FEELING SUPER SEXY, YOU SEXY PREGNANT LADY YOU and I'm like ??????
    Next appointment? March 15, though I just had a work event get scheduled for that date so I may have to reschedule the appointment (since it's just a regular OB checkup and not a fun ultrasound appointment!)
    Questions? I think I'm physically too miserable for any questions other than "when will I feel better" lol

GTKY: Have you started decorating or planning the nursery - or are you going to be doing so? This baby will be sharing a room with DD (currently 21 months), so we'll make a few changes but nothing major--we have a birch woodland stencil design on the walls in brown and green, with pink leaf accents, so I think I'll get some light blue accent leaves as well. When she turns 2 we'll probably convert DD's crib to a toddler bed, and add another crib for this one, but realistically he'll spend the first 6-10 months in our room before transitioning him to the kids' room. I think I can move around some toy storage to make room for his little clothing so I don't think we'll get an extra dresser. 
  • Options
    @purplg8r glad you had fun at your race. we got some snow but not near as much as they thought. which is just fine considering its getting hard to find places for it.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @purplg8r Are you gonna do Disney princesses only and various ones? Honestly, I think your little girl is the luckiest alive to have a Disney fan as a Momma <3 

@cato99 It makes me so happy to see someone else talk about this. Perky, glowy, and cute does not have to be the rule! 

@wabash15 What artwork is that?

@Avrilmai That RLP is no joke, right? Mine acted up at the dog park yesterday. My husband was like why don't you go sit down to feel better. I was like nope. It'll hurt no matter what position. Just gotta wait it out. Sorry you're sick. Have you gotten a pregnancy pillow yet?

@MamaK225 Happy Birthday! Sorry stress levels have been so high lately. Were the Instant pot meals a hit with your husband?

How far along are you? 15w1d
    Any symptoms? RLP, mental health things. 
    Rant/Rave? Rant; I worked out 7 days last week and didn't lose one pound of weight. Rave; I didn't gain a pound.
    Next appointment? 2/26 for maternity tour, 3/4 for monthly OBGYN, have to schedule AS for sometime around 3/31, 2/28 to have some weird looking mole looked at. 
    Questions? No

GTKY: Have you started decorating or planning the nursery - or are you going to be doing so? 
    We planked one wall with wood, painted the ceiling sky blue, painted 1/3 of the other walls a tidewater color, and 2/3 cream, painted the ceiling fan blades white, and trimmed out the window. All we have left to do is build a custom closet and add the furniture. We're only putting a crib, nursing chair, and a changing table with baskets on the shelves to hold stuff. The only reason there will be a crib in there is because my MIL insists on buying the crib. I don't have the heart to tell her we will be co-sleeping for awhile. The crib will come in handy for later though. We found a really cute non-toxic one that will convert over time. There will be some floating shelves over by the window and a few pieces of art on the walls. I found a half rainbow canvas print for $5 when the same one goes for $50 at BB&B. That will go directly over his crib since he's our rainbow. There was also a white frame with a blue blinds looking kind of an inside that has a bunch of white plastic letters and numbers so you can spell out what you want it to say. I inserted, "You Are So Loved". 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @suzycupcake I’m sorry your RLP is acting up. But no matter how crummy you’re feeling it’s not a good idea to be hoping to lose weight in pregnancy, like your rant about not losing a pound suggests—don’t beat yourself up for gaining weight! Now that we’re all entering the second tri it’s going to start happening for real!

I also work out every day and weigh myself like a million times a day. I try to remind myself it’s not just baby: it’s extra blood! And placenta! And amniotic fluid! And increasing mammary tissue! If this is something really on your mind and not just a momentary rant I’m always happy to talk :) 
  • Options
    Thanks @cato99 but it really is momentary. Last week was 7 days because there was 5 days of 15 minutes on the exercise bike and two days of a lot of unexpected walking at a women's conference over the weekend. My feet go on my scale once a week and the scale was only bought during ER due to OHSS. It does weigh (no pun intended ;) ) on me a little bit that 15 pounds were gained during IVF and 10 more in first trimester since I've never been more than 120 pounds, but that's so normal. Cardio has to happen more than the average person to keep my bp down since there is a risk of pre-eclampsia. It's not my intention to go over the 25-30 lbs of gain range recommended to me by my Doctor so I'll be keeping track to make sure it's not more than 1-2lbs/wk. I just think it's weird that all of that working out happened I and didn't lose one bit of weight. Maybe that's normal. Haven't had an exercise routine for a long long time /shruggyguy. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @suzycupcake ❤️ totally understood. Also omg that pattern was almost EXACTLY mine last pregnancy: 10ish from IVF, 10ish first tri, and I have a bp history! (Add in an unexpected GD diagnosis later in pregnancy so that meant strict diet and lots of cardio too.) FWIW from then on out things kind of leveled off and I gained 15 more lbs in the next 2 tris. Pregnant bodies are really weird and to a certain extent they’ll do what they want!
  • Options
    @suzycupcake from personal experience bodies do what bodies what in terms of weight gain.I have tried diligently with all my pregnancies to stay active and eat well and I gained 70lbs with my twins and 60lbs with my singleton.... So far I'm up 10-12lbs. Some women put on a lot of weight when pregnant and others not so much. So do your best to stay healthy but this isn't OHSS, its pregnancy and it its more than OK to step away from the scale. Hugs. It can be hard to adjust to our changing bodies both during pregnancy and post partum. It took me a long time to get comfortable with the changes (and there are days I still struggle). Your body is doing something amazing. 
         as for the art work... we had the twins to hand or foot print art in the shapes of animals to represent the alphabet. I put an example in the spoiler. we've done all the prints but need to add the detail and background for a few of them.

Image result for alphabet footprint art
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash15 that art work is so sweet. (I know that is the example) I love that you had your twins do it for their sibling. Such a special thing. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @suzycupcake until last year, I had ran in every race weekend at Walt Disney World (plus a few at Disneyland). For now, we’re doing every Princess and Wine & Dine weekend.  Hopefully I’ll get back up to the Marathon in 2021.  You’ve already done the maternity tour?  I’m so behind—I haven’t even thought of it!!  I’m also with you in the weight gain during fertility treatments and the first trimester.  I’ve had to really keep myself in check not to freak out. 

@wabash15 I LOVE that artwork!!