August 2019 Moms

UO Thursday 2/21

13»

Re: UO Thursday 2/21

• @Allycat11 What did dry shampoo do to you?! I just put it on my “to pack for hospital” list...
  • @WinchesterGirl I put Ranch on my salad, and dip chopped veggies in it for a snack, and I’ll put the powder packets in chip dips...so usually I’m pretty traditional with it. BUT - there’s this spicy pasta dish at one of my favorite restaurants, and I had a waitress suggest getting a side of ranch with it to cool the heat...it was delicious together. So now I put Ranch on (some) pasta!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @heml I found it to make my hair more greasy so I prefer to just take a shower or deal with regular day 2 hair. When I was in the hospital after having both of my kids I actually liked showering and changing into my own cozy clothes as soon as I was cleared to do so. With each kid I showered at least 2 times in the hospital and always washed my hair. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @WinchesterGirl heck ya to pizza dipped in ranch! Ranch mixed with ketchup is also quite delicious for all things you should put ketchup on like fries and burgers! Not macaroni you crazy ladies!

@Allycat11 agreed on the dry shampoo - it does not make my hair look clean. Maybe I’m used the wrong brand??
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @Allycat11 I can deal with day 2 hair without dry shampoo. However what about day 3-4 hair?!

I don’t eat ketchup due to a food allergy. However, Mayo is the ONLY acceptable all-purpose condiment- burgers, sandwiches, fries. All the mayo on all the things. 
  • @olivemama LOL! And I can’t rememeber if it’s been mentioned yet but omg grilled cheese dipped in ketchup! Both the easy kids kind with white bread and kraft singles, and the fancy schmancy kind with artisanally baked seven grain bread with three kinds of obscure European cheese just give me a side of ketchup. 

And also eternal boycott to hipster restaurants who serve proprietary “tomato condiment” instead of good old fashioned industrial ketchup 
  • @cato99 i was thinking you were going to say a grilled cheese dipped in ranch and I was with you... you lost me at ketchup. 
    @jrm_14 maybe this is a FFFC but I only wash my hair once a week....and do nothing in-between. I usually wear it back on days 5-7 but other than that...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• I'm going to a woman's conference soon ladies so can't respond to anything really but smiling at all of the openness and respect for differences of opinion.

My Dad told me this when I was a young girl: What did the Papa tomato say to the Baby tomato while they were out for an afternoon walk and Baby was falling behind? 

Ketchup! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @wabash15 I don't think that's flame worthy at all.  I wish I wasn't disgusting by day 3  :|  I have to dry shampoo by day 2 but I've found an expensive one that's worth it and doesn't make me look like I've walked into a bag of flour
  • Ugh. People and their condiments. I will east very few things with bbq sauce, even fewer with mayo, and nothing  with mustard.
    @WinchesterGirl I'm from the Midwest so I eat ranch on a lot of things. Chicken nuggets, chicken strips, any chicken that isneven remotely dry, pizza, salad, almost all veggies, burgers, wraps, probably other stuff. My husband hates ranch, can't even stand the smell of it.
  • @Beauxbaton I love your hard stance on ketchup. 

@jrm_14 you had to bring up mayo. Ick. 

@wabash15 I’m on day 4 of not washing my hair and I was excited to make it this far. I wish I could go 5-7 days! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• By day 3 of not washing my hair it is disgusting. Today is day 3 and my hair is just pulled back, thankfully I don't have to see people today. 

I am from the midwest so I should love ranch but I do not. It is okay. I am fine with it on salad, raw veggies, chicken, fries, etc... But for each of those there is another condiment that I prefer. Unless we are talking buffalo chicken wings/strips, then ranch is my go to.  DH always puts ranch on pizza. I do love Outback Steakhouse ranch and would eat that on almost anything if I could buy it for the house. 

Don't get me started on mayo. It is disgusting. I get really annoyed when I order something without mayo and they put it on anyway...you absolutely can NOT just scrap it off. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 totally agree on the mayo! Yuk yuk yuk
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• edited February 2019
    I love ranch. It can go on a large range of non-meat things. Even chicken would be good.
    Salad, rice, veggies,..hmm..sandwiches, potato, pizza....
    And we had this thing at my first serving job. We had fresh buns, and also little containers of ranch for on the side of salad. We would totally dip the buns in the ranch. Everyone thought it was gross till they tried it.
    It's a thing. Deeelicious!

Now I'm craving ranch.

Also, I've been craving Mac and cheese for weeks. Made DH go get me some today. So exited for supper. My sister is over for the day. I'll be hiding the ketchup.
  • Is Ranch a Midwest thing?? I grew up in the Midwest and although I do enjoy ranch I never associated it with that area
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • EmilyA724EmilyA724 member
    edited February 2019
    For those with hair the grease easy, try reverse shampoo where you condition then shampoo, I get so many more days that way!

Chicken wings are eaten with blue cheese, never ranch.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmilyA724 now I really want sweet potato fries with blue cheese....
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• edited February 2019
    @Allycat11, I also don’t like dry shampoo. My hair can go a really long time now without washing since it doesn’t get oily anymore and if I ever need too, i use baby powder. I think I washed my hair on Saturday last lol. I’ll wash it tomorrow after barre. (Maybe this is an UO lol) 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I can go a week between washes also without looking remotely oily! I do use a wash/condition method to aid this, but I think over time your hair just produces less oil. 

My method: for the wash, concentrate shampoo at the roots, scrub well, rinse as normal. For conditioning, concentrate conditioner heavily at the tips with little to none applied at the roots. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • I eat ranch on pizza carrots and other things cucumbers green peppers and I’m from WNY!

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Ehh, dry-shampoo doesn’t work for me... maybe I’m not doing it right.  

I typically do a fake “deep condition treatment” by washing my hair as soon as I get in the shower, than keep the conditioner on while I shave and wash the rest of my body - rinising my hair off last.  It doesn’t do much for keeping my hair oil free but it does control the split ends.

Ranch is fantastic... except on buffalo wings... blue cheese all the way!  
  • A spin off of the electoral collage and primary discussion.  While I see the primaries as a necessary, I don't agree that every primary vote should be held on different days.  The votes should take place on one day so that those specific states don't have more "power" so to speak than others.  By the time it gets to many states there is almost no point for a primary and the candidates spend way too much time campaigning in the states to appeal to a very small group of people instead of the country over all. 

While I understand it is up to the state in how they handle their voting (caucus, election, combo etc). It seems that the overall results of the primary season are not exactly representative of the U.S. as a whole since say voters in Iowa, New Hampshire and other small states which typically have their primaries in January or February usually have a major impact on all the races, while voters in California and other big states which typically have their primaries in June generally end up having little to no say because the races are basically over by then.

It seems that because of this we get less and less middle of the road candidates making it through to the end and have those on the far right or far left.

Also, katsup on mac and cheese???  Ewwwwww...
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19