August 2019 Moms
Options

Monday B*fest 2/18

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest 2/18

• Options
    So this is stupid and petty, but... I'm wondering if anyone else noticed/cares.
    The Bump stopped giving out the "Love It" badge in April of 2018, but has not taken it away from people who already earned it.
  • Options
    I'm about to go out of town to visit my mom so I scheduled an important meeting this morning to take care of things before I leave. Apparently the meeting was only important to me because no one showed up except my colleague. Gee, thanks everybody for delaying any progress I could make on this project until next week when I get back.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It’s school vacation week here! DS7 decided Saturday was his day to try to drive me insane. Today it has been DS11. He’s bored because he wants to play XBox all day and that is absolutely not how we’re spending our entire week. Yesterday was a great day though, so I guess I should just be happy with that. I’m just hoping the 11 year old gets over his tweenager attitude today. 
  • Options
    @wabash15 :open_mouth::open_mouth: WTF people? Especially the fat comment. That you didn't slap them makes you the bigger person!
  • Options
    @wabash15 I hope she gets diarrhea today. Just no. 

My MBF is that I'm going on a work trip next week and I don't wannaaaaaaaaaa.
  • Options
    @wabash15 What the what?!? I wouldn’t say that to anyone! Ever! 

I’ve reached that awkward stage where strangers are commenting about my belly/ pregnancy. Im usually pretty outgoing and will strike up a conversation in the elevator, but it’s usually about the weather and not my anatomy... guess I better get used to it!
  • Options
    @cato99 uggg people can be ridiculous! 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    DH goes so quick to punishment and it drives me insane. Any time DD has a meltdown, he immediately starts taking her toys away, which just escalates the situation. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @wabash15 I think I would have said something along the lines of “at least mine is from a baby - what’s your excuse?” I don’t care if she’s stick thin or crazy overweight, if you roll your eyes at my belly and comment on my weight I’m going to give it back to you - make them realize how awkward and rude it is
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Ugh, people can be such jack-asses... I learned from one serious faux pas to NEVER assume anything about a woman with a rounded belly after I asked DH's friend's wife how her pregnancy was going... turns out she had a fairly late miscarriage and still looked somewhat pregnant - I've never felt more terrible.  (My only excuse was that I was fairly young at the time and had no idea about ANYTHING).  

My UO - and I'm sure everyone's complained about this already - but wow - TB looks so different on a computer compared to a phone - and holly advertisements batman - while all the additional features are great - omg are the videos / pop-up type things annoying
  • Options
    @wabash15 OMG it is insane what people think is appropriate to say about a woman's body. My stomach is never flat so I always look a few months pregnant and it makes me insanely insecure. 

@EmilyA724 DH does the same with DD and it drives me crazy. With the way her brain works she immediately goes into fight mode and we all end up miserable. DS rarely needs to be asked to do something more than once and he is barely ever defiant, DD is starting to notice the difference in how we ask them to do things and it kiiiilllls me. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @Amdogger82 FFTC we regularly leave stuff out overnight and still eat it. If it smells fine and we plan on reheating it then I don't see a problem. Often it's a mistake that we left it out, but sometimes I do it on purpose. If I make a big pot of soup or something, and I finish late, I don't like putting it away hot, and I don't want to stay up any more, so I just let it cool overnight, and then stick it in the fridge as soon as I wake up.
  • Options
    @mamak225 that sounds super frustrating. DH is the type that always says that we will figure things out, or things will just work out. Yeah, they always work out because I research, make phone calls and get crap done .
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @Allycat11 - YES! There's not some magical flippin' fairy that gets it done, IT'S ME. If men bore the burden of pregnancy, they sure would be more in-tune with multi-tasking and getting things done before it's *really* stressful.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    The last post made me think of my B*fest for the week. Several months ago the engine blew on my Traverse, which has been well cared for and only had 100k miles on it. Based on what we heard it was about a $5-6k fix, we owe too much on it still to just buy a new vehicle so we needed to suck it up and save for the repair. Finally got the finances figured out, paid to have it towed to the dealership over a month ago. They finally looked at it last week and came back with a quote of $9k for a new engine and low $8k range for used....um, no. So now we found a more local place that will do a new one for less and can get it done as soon as this week, awesome! But now DH is responsible for paying the first dealership for work they have done so far, having it towed to new place and ordering the engine. He drags his feet with everything so I am about to get really impatient because it is so close yet so far away from being done. Vehicles are not my thing but I am fairly certain I would have had all of this done much faster if it was in my control. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @MamaK225 & @Allycat11 I'm also the planner/ "make it happen" person in our relationship so I totally feel your pain. 
  • Options
    @Allycat11 - I'm sorry, I know exactly what you mean. That is so frustrating ... hopefully, once it reaches there, it goes MUCH more quickly (and less expensively!).
    **History in Spoiler**
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Options
    @thirdtimesacharm2019 YES!! DH does this thing where he says "calm" but like draws it out and uses what is supposed to be a low, soothing tone, and does a downward push thing with his hands. No matter how many times I tell him that makes it worse, he still keeps doing it!!!
  • Options
    @mrosek91 I know you're right and it probably is fine. I just get extra nervous about stuff like that when I am pregnant. 

@MamaK225 I'm sorry for the daycare mess! That sounds so stressful and frustrating. I am definitely the planner and executor with most of the logistics in our house too...DH doesn't understand that sometimes things only "work out" because I work them out.
  • Options
    @Allycat11 Yep. DD has an idea and a plan in her head about the way things should go and is very determined and has a hard time when things do not go to her plan and just won't listen. DH sees it as her being a brat, but I like her determination and think it will help her in her life. I do not want to punish her out of it, I want to talk to her and teach her how to channel it and learn to adjust.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EmilyA724 exactly! DD is determined and strong willed which makes her very challenging to raise but I am determined to not crush her personality. The same traits that make her tough now, will serve her so well in the long run...and even already do now. My personality is very similar and the power struggles from my childhood still effect my relationship with my parents today. DH and DS are much more easy going so I think DH does not understand the lasting damage this can leave. Not that I am perfect in how I handle her, far from it actually, but I make a conscious effort to do my best. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @Allycat11 This is us exactly. DD has my personality through and through. DH always says how much he loves my determination, and I'm thinking how do you think I got that way? I definitely still have some issues with my parents from it, and I'm trying so hard to foster it with DD as well as teach her emotional intelligence around it.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Allycat11 my DD1 has my personality and is stubborn as they come. its so hard to raise her to be strong and self confident while not killing her in the process!

@mamak225 ugg I would have lost my shit too. We just reserved a spot at the center where my others go for this baby and she said it was a good thing I did because they were already filling up... its never been an issue before and man I might have lost it if they had said they didn't have a place.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @wabash15 - I know! Because I certainly thought an EIGHT MONTH warning would be plenty (given there are 5 children in the infant room - and I know for a fact that the youngest is 5 months old, so there are technically 5 spots up for grabs).

If they *could* give me an estimated date, I could figure out a workaround like working from home or part-time or get a nanny for a few weeks ... but I can't even get that info. But like I said - I'm also not ok hanging around on hope and my 2.5 y.o. suffer through a last-second change in daycare while she's already going through another upheaval with a sibling.
    **History in Spoiler**

• Options
    OMG! I can totally tag most of you ladies here. DH does the same thing "let it go, it will all work out!" They must all live in fairyland where things happen just cuz they will it. Super annoying when he doesn't offer to take over and fix the problem. 😤
  • Options
    @agpandme Regardless is your father’s condition, those things are awful to hear. I’m sorry & I hope that you’re able to process through them in a healthy way. 
  • Options
    @agpandme That is simply awful to hear, no matter his condition. I'm so sorry girl!