Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 2/18

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out):

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves:  

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here?

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8) w/o 2/18

• Options
    @Panaceia, rule of thumb is like 6 months for sunscreen. So I’ll be doing little outside this summer. Instead, mostly finding ways to keep babe in the shade. Sadly. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/5, 20+3

Baby is the size of a(n): banana

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: as this Thursday!

How are you feeling?: great! But tired again....

Rants/Raves:  None

Questions: nope. 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Balancing two kids. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Panaceia DS was a November baby so he was 6 months old by the time summer came.  His first summer we took him to the beach and the pool.  We got a beach tent to keep him in the shade. We plan on taking this LO to the pool and to water/amusement parks.  I plan on getting spf clothes and a hat for LO as well as keeping him in the shade. I did see something about using sunscreen before 6 months is better than too much sun, but I plan to talk to our pediatrician.  Besides allowing myself to heal, I was planning a fairly normal summer for DS.  I don’t want him to feel trapped inside as we love to be out in the summer.
  • Options
    @keebler6elf I’ve never put a sheet over a pack n play.  This may be just me, but I’d be afraid it would get too hot with the fabric over it.  I like our beach tent because it provides shade and allows air flow. I could see us using it in our yard this year.
  • Options
    @mama_bear19 Airflow is definitely important... Thanks for your thoughts!
  • Options
    @mrscammack DD was a January baby so by her first summer it was easy to be outside. For this one I found a great little business in TO that makes SPF50+ full body sunsuits. Despite being a little pricey I bought a couple because I know we are going to need them when we're outside and I don't want baby being too hot or getting burnt. Inside I'm just going with onesies or rompers. Nothing fancy. Whatever I have from DD that is weather appropriate and fits:) We have AC and the upstairs where the bedrooms are gets much colder than the downstairs so I'm thinking a sleeper and a lightweight sleep sack for night time.
  • Options
    @mama_bear19 Thank you for that:) I'm glad I'm not the only one planning on bringing LO to all the outdoor summer activities this summer. Obviously within reason. I already have amazing iplay SPF50+ sun hats from DD that I LOVE and I've ordered a few SPF50+ sun suits so I'm hoping that plus shade will work. I think also aiming for activities a little later in the afternoon when the sun isn't so terrible might end up being a good idea for things like the beach etc. DD does not do well when trapped in the house. 
  • Options
    @rgn12 Yes to getting out of breath quickly. I climb 3 stories of stairs every morning to get to my classroom and I am dying by the time I get to the top!
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy +1 to worrying about the weight gain. I haven't weighed myself in almost 6 weeks now and I do not want to step on the scale. I'm trying to get more walking in every day to help to combat some of the eating due to nausea that I've been doing lately:/
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): endive

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): Blue

Upcoming Appointments: just had an AS today, serial growths and fetal echo in a few weeks.

How are you feeling?:  Tired

Rants/Raves:  I had the opportunity to put myself on the schedule for my repeat csection and while I know things didn’t go as planned last time, it makes me feel better knowing there is a place holder.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? Trying to recover from a repeat csection with two kids and DS not taking well to my slowed pace and the addition of a newborn.
  • Options
    @Panaceia I also really like iplay! I’m planning to get spf gear for LO. I agree within reason.. I think we’ll be able to balance outside activities with LO and keeping DS active and happy.
    @Panaceia & @indulgentgypsy +1 on the weight.. I’ve already gained more than they told me to with staying active and watching what I eat. I’ve been stressing about it so I think I’ll bring it up at my next appt. 
  • Options
    @Panaceia the body suit idea sounds awesome. We also have air conditioning so I’ve bought a few pairs of thin long pants to go with his onesies while we’re inside, I’m also thinking sleepers for bedtime, we’ll have him in our room for the first few months so I’m hoping it’ll be easier to monitor his temperature that way 
  • Options
    I spent the morning in L&D today. Womp womp. I developed severe vertigo last night so I'm just laying in bed hoping the world stops spinning soon. They couldn't figure out what's causing it but it is slightly better than it was so they let me go home. Baby is totally fine. They said possibly some compressed nerves in my neck/spine but if it gets worse they're sending me to neuro. I hate missing work:/ Luckily I see my OB on Thursday so if it's not much better at least I know I have an appointment on the books.
  • Options
    @Panaceia oh no! I hope you feel better soon 💛 keep us updated on how you and baby are doing 
  • Options
    @Panaceia Oh no! I hope everything is okay!! That’s such a scary thing. I hope it’s something easily fixed. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 21 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): endive

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue ♥️♥️♥️

Upcoming Appointments: next up is glucose test and us to recheck baby’s heart

How are you feeling?: good

Rants/Raves:  I’ve calmed down from being accidentally told the sex of our prescious boy #4. I’m still upset but I’ve calmed down. 

It it snowed here for the first time so I’m excited to take my boys out and throw snow balls 😂. They e been begging all morning so we compromised and said if they ate their breakfast and picked up their toys we’d go out and play. Never seen them move so fast 😂

Questions: for those that have tested positive for prenatal diabetes in previous pregnancies, how concerned are you for being positive again? I went undiagnosed for both Prenatal diabetes and preeclampsia until I delivered my twins with my last pregnancy and my ob is testing me early Incase I develop early. 

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? 

I work third shift. I’m so anxious for my husbands mental health taking care of two toddlers and a newborn majority of the time. I’m considering finding a new job so it doesn’t all fall on him. He’s always been super helpful after my deliveries in the past, but I’ve always worked first shift. So we shared the exhaustion evenly you could say. Our system normally went he did diaper changes at night then handed babe off to me for feeding. But with me working third he’ll be in charge of it all once I go back to work. I know with everything in me that he can handle it perfectly. I just know I’ll feel so guilty for his exhaustion because of it.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 2nd/21 weeks, 1 day

Baby is the size of a(n): Head of endive

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): BLUE

Upcoming Appointments: Not exactly sure-my phone is across the room and I am too tired to get it. I am thinking 3/13.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I need to get back in my workout groove. Rants/Raves: So last night I woke up around 2:30 am to our master bathroom shower on. I went in to check things out and our master bathroom was entirely flooded, with water pouring down into my son and daughter's bedrooms. Apparently the husband turned the shower on in his sleep-at least that is the only explanation we have. I happened to fall asleep on the couch. We have a recliner couch and I was super congested, so I found it easier to sleep out there. Luckily we had a snow day today, so we spent the entire day cleaning and moving things out of the rooms so we can get it all fixed up.

Questions: What was your baby's weight at your 20 week anatomy scan?

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? I am most concerned about finding time for everything the kids want to do and their activities. My kiddos have big plans for the summer, so I have to balance that along with a newborn. Then in the fall, thinking about work along with all of their activities is going to be a lot.  Luckily my oldest has his driver's license now and is a big help, but he is going to be busy with his own things too.  
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @hellmanpartyof5 ugh to being told when you did not want to! Did the tech just accidentally slip up or did they not know that you wanted to keep it a surprise?

@panaceia feel better soon! 
  • Options
    @xtinecatherine Oh no! Water is such a disaster to clean up. I hope there wasn't too much damage! And I'll ask what baby's weight was at my appointment tomorrow (assuming it's not cancelled again seeing as how we are in the midst of yet ANOTHER ice storm).
  • Options
    @hellmanpartyof5, generally people are repeat offenders with gd in subsequent pregnancies. But I feel like those statistics don’t apply to twins. Because nothing applies to twins. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @Panaceia fingers crossed for your appointment.  Spring has to come soon, right? We have been slammed with weather too.  We have not had a full week of school in five weeks and it looks like more bad weather is headed our way next week.   Right now we are heating up all of the rooms and dehumidifying them.  Then they are coming back tomorrow to see if that helped.  We had to take out pieces of the ceiling in two of the rooms, but are hoping that we can avoid a total gut job.  
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @xtinecatherine it’s was bolded in all caps in our file. She’s a new nurse in the office and wasn’t familiar with our wants and didn’t pay much attention to the notes in our file. Short story is she called to tell me they’re wanting to do my glucose test early and then proceeded to congratulate me on another boy. I was devastated. Not because we’re having a boy- I’m very thrilled to be a boy mom 5ever. But she took away a special moment my husband and I wanted for our last baby. DH was fixed right before we found out 😂 we just wanted to make it as special as possible. I’m still very, very upset about it and my ob removed her from my care team- which I’m grateful for. But I’ve calmed down a little.
  • Options
    @hellmanpartyof5 I would be so upset, you sound like you’re handling it very well! I know mistakes happen but it just seems like a careless thing for someone to say when they don’t explicitly know that you either know what you’re having already or that you want to know.

So exciting that you’re having another boy though 💙
  • Options
    @xtinecatherine I hope the heat and dehumidifier help. I'm sure the last thing you want is to have to gut anything! Having part of  the ceiling taken down is more than enough to have to deal with. I'm pretty sure that whole scenario is near the top of my list of nightmares when it comes to home ownership! 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 21 weeks today, EDD July 4

Baby is the size of a(n):  endive

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): pink

Upcoming Appointments: regular appt next Friday then a second u/s on March 4 

How are you feeling?:  so tired and my sciatic is killing me most days but the nausea is gone so I can't complain

Rants/Raves:  I was nervous when the dr at the AS said I had to come back. They didn't get a good enough look at her spine last time. She said the first view they got was good but because of her position they couldn't get the second view they needed. I'm feeling not as nervous anymore and am getting more excited that I get to see her again. 

Questions:  nope

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here?  I'm mostly concerned with keeping everyone happy this summer while recovering from a csection. My parents don't live in the area and my in laws are no help so we're pretty much alone. 
  • Options
    @Tippy05 I had the same issue with spine pics with my first. I was super nervous at first as I thought there must be something wrong, but nope. DD was just stubborn and wouldn't move. Once I clamrd myself down a bit, I loved having another US and getting to see her again:)
  • Options
    @Tippy05 I had my AS today and I have to come back in 4 weeks. Baby wasn’t cooperating, and they need to see more images of his heart. Don’t worry, it happens more often than you think. Just think it’s extra pictures of your little one!
  • Options
    A/S today! All good! They said I might need a hysterectomy because of my placenta placement and my c-section scar? I dunno. I think maybe she was being weird... but also, literally don’t care as long as baby comes out okay. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/1, 21w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): trenta sized starbucks cup

Team (Green, Blue, Pink, Finding out): blue

Upcoming Appointments: 3/11

How are you feeling?:  horrible

Rants/Raves: I'm the complete and utter opposite of last week - down as down gets. I've been so sick, I don't remember feeling this sick in years.

Questions:  

GTKY: What are you most worried about once baby is here? becoming a mom, so I guess everything
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers