Infertility
Options

Success stories after ivf chemical pregnancy?

wondering if any ladies could share their stories. Specifically anyone who had a chemical pregnancy on IVF then went on to have an ongoing pregnancy/ live birth after FET? Just need to hear some positive stories. Thanks!

Re: Success stories after ivf chemical pregnancy?

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I did! My first round of IVF after a fresh transfer I had a chemical pregnancy. I went on to do a FET right after my chemical pregnancy and it was successful, I have a perfect, beautiful and very healthy 5 year old from that round. I also had a another FET 2 years later and that one was successful as well and I have another perfect, beautiful and very healthy 3 year old. It can happen and it can work, so stay positive! I did change a few things up after my CP. I started acupuncture for my treatments, ate healthier, did meditation as well as cleaned up my cleaning products and personal care products as they are so full of harmful chemicals. I also did all the crazy stuff after transfer like eat pineapple core, walnuts, pomegranate juice, drink and only eat warm or room temperature foods. And so far that has all worked for me, I also pray a lot and try to remain as positive and hopeful it will work as I can. I just wanted to do everything in my power for a successful outcome knowing so much is out of our control. 

I also did another round of IVF last year to try for a 3rd and we recently did a FET from that cycle and I got a BFP from POAS  for the past few days. Still have a long ways to go as it's very early. But I say all this to remind you that you can absolutely come back from a chemical pregnancy and have a successful pregnancy. Hang in there, CP are heartbreaking, and I am so sorry you had to go through that. Infertility is hard enough as it is. Best of luck to you and sending you lots of baby dust as you go into your FET. 
    **bfp & child warning***

IVF #1 - September 2012 = CP - BFN
    FET #1 - November 2012 = BFP!!!!
    DS - Born July 2013
    FET #2 - January 2015 = BFP!!!!!
    DS - Born September 2016
    IVF #2 - prep in progress, retrieval date November 2018
  • Options
    Hello!  Yes, I had a BFN for my first transfer, CP for my second transfer, and for my third transfer I got a BFP who is now my beautiful 15 month old son :)  I will say that my first two transfers were from the same IVF "batch," which obviously wasn't a good group of embryos.  My son came from my second IVF "batch."  Planning to do another FET hopefully soon.
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate the positive stories! So this ended up not being a chemical. Despite early detection at 4w3d that this was not viable and 15 misoprostol tablets, there’s now somehow a sac and a slowly increasing hcg ugh. D&C (w chromosomal testing if the tissue) for this “blighted ovum” on Friday. I’ve got 5 blastocysts on ice (no PGS) so it looks like next step is to transfer another from this batch. Unless we decided to do a banking cycle w PGS..