Pregnant nurses!! Post here! — The Bump
October 2019 Moms

Pregnant nurses!! Post here!

I'm a nurse who works 12 hour shifts both nights and days sometimes upto 60 hrs a week! How are my fellow nurses dealing with the challenges of pregnancy? I'm 6 weeks and haven't told my coworkers yet

Re: Pregnant nurses!! Post here!

• Hey!
    Not a nurse :) I'm a teacher. 

But you may want to change your screen name...it will be a lot easier for people to recognize you and get to know you. There should be a link to a description in the Read First post above. :smile:
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm suffering through it. Especially in isolation rooms, being exhausted, ect. I just about lost it when I had a lady who was physically aggressive post abortion (she bled out and was in DIC needed ICU) she kicked me in the stomach the day after I found out I was pregnant. I have no clue when I'm going to tell work but I think I'm going to tell them on the earlier side 
  • I am not currently a nurse but was with my first. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I told my boss and some co-workers as soon as I had an ultrasound confirm. I did not want to be in an avoidable risky situation if possible. I also wouldn’t have made it long as a secret because my nausea prevented me from assisting with wounds(I almost passed out) which was my favorite task. 
    Me: 34 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/18

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• I am a Labor and Delivery Nurse.  I haven't told any coworkers yet either.  12 hour shifts have been rough and this just the beginning!!!
    BFP#4: 2/2/19, EDD 10/8/19
    BFP#3: 9/4/11, EDD 5/13/12, DD Born 5/14/12
    BFP#2: 5/8/11, EDD 1/24/12 missed mc 
    BFP#1: 1/24/10, EDD 9/24/10, DD Born 9/25/10
  • I am a Labor and Delivery Nurse.  I haven't told any coworkers yet either.  12 hour shifts have been rough and this just the beginning!!!
    Wow! How does being an L&D nurse impact your thoughts about your own pregnancy/labor? (If you don't mind my asking, lol.) 
    BabyFruit Ticker