MIscarriage? — The Bump
1st Trimester

MIscarriage?

I've had 3 miscarriages in less than 2 years so needless to say when I took a HPT on the 19th (this month) I was shocked but still scared. I found out with the last miscarriage that I have low progesterone. I miscarried around 5-6 weeks each time. My doctor told me that my progesterone level should be around 20 by about 5-6 weeks and mine was 8.5. So when I got this BFP and I mean positive..every single test I've taken since then the line is just as dark! I went to my doctor last Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. My levels consecutively went from 285 to 612 to 1538. My progesterone is at 70, which is great. I've been feeling a little nauseous, and my boobs have been sore, also it's felt like there's a small rock sitting in the bottom of my uterus. What's worrying me is that yesterday, I just didn't feel pregnant. I'm not sure if it's because it's still early..and I know every pregnancy is different. I was around 7-8 weeks pregnant with my daughter before I found out and it was like as soon as I saw the test, the next morning I was sick throwing up. I noticed if I just sit still, I can feel a little pain in my boobs but they definitely aren't as sore as they were a few days ago. My nipples still hurt a little..and it just seemed like there wasn't anything "there". Am I over reacting? Can symptoms come and go like this, this early? I also use the Ava bracelet and normally in pregnancy your breathing rate, pulse, and temp go up..and mine has been going down. I haven't had any cramping. The first sign for me each time, was brown spotting and it would literally happen within a week of finding out I was pregnant. My levels were NEVER this high the last 3 times, HCG or progesterone. They told me last Friday that my levels were rising great and I have my ultrasound next Tuesday, February 5th. Am I crazy to still be taking those cheap dollar tests every morning, just to see if the lines are staying dark? I know we can't post pics of tests, but every single one I've taken since the 19th (including this morning), the lines are just as dark.

Re: MIscarriage?

• meggymemeggyme member
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    edited January 30
    I've had 3 miscarriages in less than 2 years so needless to say when I took a HPT on the 19th (this month) I was shocked but still scared. I found out with the last miscarriage that I have low progesterone. I miscarried around 5-6 weeks each time. My doctor told me that my progesterone level should be around 20 by about 5-6 weeks and mine was 8.5. So when I got this BFP and I mean positive..every single test I've taken since then the line is just as dark! I went to my doctor last Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. My levels consecutively went from 285 to 612 to 1538. My progesterone is at 70, which is great. I've been feeling a little nauseous, and my boobs have been sore, also it's felt like there's a small rock sitting in the bottom of my uterus. What's worrying me is that yesterday, I just didn't feel pregnant. I'm not sure if it's because it's still early..and I know every pregnancy is different. I was around 7-8 weeks pregnant with my daughter before I found out and it was like as soon as I saw the test, the next morning I was sick throwing up. I noticed if I just sit still, I can feel a little pain in my boobs but they definitely aren't as sore as they were a few days ago. My nipples still hurt a little..and it just seemed like there wasn't anything "there". Am I over reacting? Can symptoms come and go like this, this early? I also use the Ava bracelet and normally in pregnancy your breathing rate, pulse, and temp go up..and mine has been going down. I haven't had any cramping. The first sign for me each time, was brown spotting and it would literally happen within a week of finding out I was pregnant. My levels were NEVER this high the last 3 times, HCG or progesterone. They told me last Friday that my levels were rising great and I have my ultrasound next Tuesday, February 5th. Am I crazy to still be taking those cheap dollar tests every morning, just to see if the lines are staying dark? I know we can't post pics of tests, but every single one I've taken since the 19th (including this morning), the lines are just as dark.
    You're not crazy to still be peeing on sticks, but if it is causing you stress I'd suggest that you put them away for good. You and your doctor are doing everything you can to ensure a healthy pregnancy. Symptoms come and go and every pregnancy, even for the same person, is different so try not to put to much stock in them. Today you are pregnant.

ETA: I'd suggest that you find your birth month board and see if they have a PGAL (pregnant after loss) thread to chat with other women who have experienced losses and are dealing with the same anxiety.
    ME: 31  DH: 31 DD: June '16 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    **Ticker Warning**
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    coreyblack17wabash15sorarose
  • I think I will use that as a positive mantra "Today I am pregnant." Thank you, that does help. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm stressing..more worried. But I know it's still not good to do that either. I will try to find the birth month board, thank you! <3
    meggyme
  • Symptoms come and go, some people never have symptoms (my only symptom was migraines that started in 2nd tri,) I never had morning sickness and never felt pregnant until much later than 1st tri.

Each person and each pregnancy is different.  Sorry of your previous losses, but stay positive.  You are pregnant at this time.
    coreyblack17
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 31
    @coreyblack17 I'm very sorry for your losses. You aren't alone and it's okay to be scared. It's also okay if you don't feel like being positive. Experiencing loss is really really hard and you're not wrong to be nervous about it. You're not overreacting. <3

If your due date is October, you can find your birth month board here https://forums.thebump.com/categories/october-2019-moms Start a PGAL thread and I'm sure other loss Moms will join in soon. Here is a template you can copy and paste to get started. You can even add a GTKY question if you want. Eta template https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12739968/pgal-w-o-01-28-19 Best wishes to you! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN