Options

Randoms w/o 1/28

courteney cox dancing GIF
*TW*
Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
Married 8/16/13
BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

Re: Randoms w/o 1/28

• Options
    Am supposed to be writing my dissertation, but instead on the phone (on hold) w/ a "Traffic Enforcement Program" about a violation--watched the video where we apparently don't stop at a red light &.... we totally stop? & don't have time/money to go contest it in court in TN which is... a 9 hour drive?! Hoping they'll watch the video & be like oops sorry, but--not feeling confident about that for whatever reason. 😡
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom they better watch that video! That's absolutely ridiculous. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom ugh if they don’t watch it and rescind your ticket, the injustice of it all will kill me!! That sucks. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @zuuls_mom @themadcamel omg so the lady was sooooo nice but pointed out the car i was looking at was not our car lol and we totally went through the light after it turned red. i feel like this is even worse somehow haha.  :|
    ETA: DISSERTATION TIME NOW. 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom ugh, hope you get someone helpful on the other end of the line! 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom LOL oh no! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    @kagesstarshroom :D lol!!!! Hope the dissertation writing goes well!

Does anyone have any good book suggestions? I finished everything I was reading and now I feel empty inside haha. Fiction preferred and nothing too sad (my mood swings won't be able to handle that right now).
  • Options
    @themadcamel If you like sexy books, anything by Abbi Glines is great to me. Her audience is probably a little young for me (I'm 30 and most of her characters are early-mid 20s) but I love the stories. If you start the rosemary beach series, hold off on reading the "Take a Chance/One More Chance" books because they'll have you weeping, even if you're not PG haha. 
  • Options
    @themadcamel Literally anything by Sophie Kinsella is amazing! I love her books so much. 

My husband’s grandfather had his 80th birthday celebration yesterday. They did one of those picture slide shows that shows pictures of him through out the years. I am normally a pretty emotional person, but this is ridiculous. I literally stared bawling at the first picture. These hormones are getting to me. 

In other news, I slept in today and am currently laying down for my second nap of the day... it’s only 1:00. 😅
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited January 2019
    @themadcamelTwo novel suggestions! 1) One of my friends wrote a (NY Times best seller list!) book that is pretty well loved! It's not sad & it's called Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney. 2) When I used to work at a bookstore, the #1 book I'd recommend was called Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathen Lethem because, and I would always say this, "It made me laugh on a plane!" ///// SIDENOTE: As a PhD student in English/all around book lover, I LOVE giving book reccs! If neither of these sound like they're up yr alley, let me know the last few (up to 3!) books you read & loved & I can try again!
  • Options
    @themadcamel-The Red Queen series is really good. Kind of a mix of divergent meets Hunger Games with some other themes throughout. I am on book 3 now and loving it still.
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @themadcamel I always recommend The Martian. It's such a fun book and made me LOL several times. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    @cateyes543 oh I’m glad to hear they are good. I have the first one but I hadn’t started it yet. I guess I will get on it now. 
  • Options
    I’m watching You right now, and I’m having a hard time seeing where this show is going. Very interesting.

Also, did you know that Matt LeBlanc took the MagnaDoodle from the boy’s apartment and gave it to the guy who wrote all the messages? I just heard that on the radio!
  • Options
    @lillywonderland I finished You last weekend. I really liked it and am hoping for a second season.
    @zuuls_mom The Martian looks like it could be fun. I'm not usually into science fiction, but I do love a book with humor.
    @cateyes543 I will look into that series! Thank you!
    @kagesstarshroom thanks for those recs and congrats to your friend. What an accomplishment! Both of those books sound good. It's really hard to only name a few books lol. One book that I loved and never really found another like it is The Book of Lost Things. I'm into fantasy in general, epic or otherwise (still waiting for the 3rd book of the Kingkiller Chronicles). I also enjoy satirical and/or witty fiction. I always find myself rereading my favorites because I get so much pleasure out of going back to a book and finding new things, but I'm bad at branching out sometimes.
  • Options
    dolewhipperdolewhipper member
    edited January 2019
    It's slow at work so I'm trying to come up with an easy activity I can do with my kid for the Lunar New Year today, for after I get out of work and take her to Epcot. She's only 2.5 so I'm thinking just a color page for year of the pig, and then we're going to walk around the China pavilion and wish all the employees there a Happy New Year. Does anyone know much about the Chinese New Year? I'm trying to read about the traditions and make it simple enough for a toddler to understand and participate in. 
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I love the traditions behind Chinese New Year! Telling her the story of the Chinese Zodiac race could be fun. I think there are some kid-friendly, cartoon versions of it on YouTube. You could also look up her zodiac animal and talk about that. Something I've done with my first grade students is make paper lanterns, but that might be too much for 2.5 y/o. Here are some activities I found on Scholastic. You can modify them as needed.
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I'll second the Chinese Zodiac race story! (I'm an Aries & a Rat so-- #1 in both Zodiacs, which might be why I like the race story so much lol.)

@themadcamel Ohkay cool, well then if you love fantasy, then my TOP novel recc is Midnight Robber by Nalo Hopkinson! There's a bit of a small learning curve with the dialect, but I taught it to undergraduates once, so it can't be TOO much of a learning curve. The other two I mentioned are great books, but set in reality. 

@lillywonderland When I called my bro to tell him DH & I had to cancel Jamaica (and why), he recommended You to me. I will have to check it out. He didn't used to be so into TV, but I think he & his GF watch a lot of tv together after work? He would be happy to, like my Dad, basically just watch sports/sports channels 24/7, so I am glad she's pushing him more towards narrative based stuff!
  • Options
    themadcamel I'll tell the story at dinner! Thank you so much. I'm hoping the park will have the animals out today, or making something at their kids station.
  • Options
    Why has time stopped moving today? I have a meeting in 5 minutes that in no way requires my presence, other than auditing purposes, and after that I'm definitely sneaking out of work early, if the meeting doesn't go over. Mama needs a nap!
  • Options
    Holy one off posts, Batman!! 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Options
    @zuuls_mom I want to be snarky so bad, but at least it’s entertaining and it’s a bit...slow...in here. 
  • Options
    @zuuls_mom @lillywonderland ok but really...how hard is it it "READ FIRST." 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland DOOO ITTTTT! I got your back, jack 👍🏼
  • Options
    I never even see them respond to their own posts! Just a question and gone! 
  • Options
    My random of the day.. I walked into our kitchen today and smelled something burning, and I could hear a buzzing sound. I went through all of the appliances and couldn’t freaking find it. Eventually found it, and it was our doorbell! The postman rang the doorbell and the button got stuck, and the box inside our house was overheating! Wtf!? I now have a fear of doorbells. 
  • Options
    Anyone else in the upper midwest? Stay warm out there! Our current windchill is -41... and it's going to keep dropping throughout the night!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @blitzybee holy crap! It’s so good you were home! 

@LJMoon6 stay warm! I’m in the northeast, we’re next with -30 coming but I think the Midwest takes the cake on this one.
  • Options

@blitzybee cracking up over your doorbell! i've never heard anything like that before.

@LJMoon6 in the south here--it's cold for our normal weather here, but NOTHING near what sounds like pretty awful cold weather! wow! i've been freezing allllll day--couldn't seem to get warm at all no matter what. i'm calling combination "yr pregnant" & "your house was not built for this weather" on my coldness bc it's nothing near negative anything (it's like 30s-40s) & i'm sure being a wuss about it considering what yall in the midwest are going thru!

i feel like the drive-bys always come in groups........ 

• Options
    @cmdesigner Apparently it’s real hard to READ FIRST.

If I think of something witty/snarky I’ll post it 😝

@LJMoon6 It was like 75 here today. Sorry not sorry? 😜 Lol!! Stay warm!! 

@blitzybee lol @ your doorbell! We just got the ring and it’s AMAZING!! 

• Options
    While I was not the snarkiest of my last bmb, I sure did love tit a lot. I can dish a bit. 

Also, I saw a headline it's colder in Chicago this week than Antarctica. I'll keep my Floridian blood, thankyouverymuch. My mind cannot fathom what a negative temp even feels like. 

@blitzybee f doorbells. I want to get rid of mine/get the ring (but too cheap) especially when 2.0 comes. People ring that bell right when the kid takes a nap. 
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 Currently wind chill of -48 here. This first trimester is crawling by because it is too freaking yucky to be out much and I don't really want to go busy indoor places and end up with the flu or something. Spring please. Although Sunday is supposed to be 40... But raining all day. 
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 🙋🏻‍♀️ Chicagoan over here. Yep. This is my life now. At least it’s sunny...? Lol. The nice thing is that I don’t have work today or tomorrow. Hope you’re staying warm!

@blitzybee omg attack of the doorbell! We live in a condo and our building still has the old school one tone buzzer situation going on. It sucks because sometimes it gets stuck. I’ve never seen it smoke though!
    @kagesstarshroom thanks, lady!
    @lillywonderland @zuuls_mom yes! Bring on the snark!
    @dolewhipper how did it go last night? Did they have the animals at the park?
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 Michigan over here.  It's sooo cold! School for the kids is cancelled for today and tomorrow.  But then sunday it's supposed to be back in the 40s.
  • Options
    Someone is SINGING behind me on the train. Who does that?!?
  • Options
    😂 @lillywonderland annoying but kind of hilarious. There’s an older lady I work with who likes to sing opera style in the copy room. In the middle of the school day. 
  • Options
    @themadcamel Bahahahaha haha. THAT’S all kinds of awesome!! Is she any good??
  • Options
    @thamadcamel no animals unfortunately. I'm excited to go to disneyland next week where they have an actual festival in the park for lunar new year. The cast members were incredibly grateful for the little notes though, and dd and her friend loved giving them out, which was awesome. Thanks for asking! <3 
  • Options
    @lillywonderland no, she’s awful! Still cracks me up though. 

Did I snark right? I’m pretty sure I’m not misremembering what happened..