April 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms 1/28

Re: Randoms 1/28

• Options
    @rennie1108 and @fuzzywombat thanks for the sympathy y’all. This stage of pregnancy is almost as much worry as the first trimester! Geeze. Hugs to both of you as well. 

@lilpotatomama I’m dying to go to Japan. But yeah, 14 hours with a kid? Especially because my 4 year old tends to get motion sickness. I think I’ll wait a little longer on that. I’m so jealous that you’ve been! It’s definitely on our list in a few more years. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @lilpotatomama I went to Maui 15+ years ago and dream of getting to go back. I also did Waikiki Beach about 10 years ago and was not impressed. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today I discovered that 8:30 is the ideal appointment time for my OB office. I was in and out about 30 minutes with no real wait time. It was glorious. My OB has recommended having me start to meet with the other doctors in the practice just so I'm familiar with everyone by the end so my next appointment in 2 weeks will be with a doctor I haven't met yet. 

@professormama I'm very jealous of all the travel talk. We'll do our regular vacation with DH's family in July while I'm on maternity leave, but another vacation definitely won't be in the books this year between DH starting a new job, us having a baby, and me taking 4 months of leave. Maybe we'll try to squeeze in a weekend getaway, just us and LO during the summer though. 

@rennie1108 I have zero clues about what's normal, but I'm with you. I've also been feeling worried about something happening now that we're getting so close to the end. 
  • Options
    @professormama My BP was 126/82 at the last appt but when I got home took it and it was 99/72! Driving always sends mine up pretty high. 

On travel, my parents flew me and my younger sister to Mexico and Indonesia when I was 7 and she was 3. It was a great experience! Plane travel wasn’t that difficult as they provided decent food and movies throughout both flights. Not sure how much that’s changed, though.
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    Had my 28w appointment today too. BP was 117 over something decent. I forgot to check. That was after a hike from the parking lot and a walk up the stairs so I think I’m still hanging out low. Last visit (a week and a half ago) it was 99/45 but that was after pretty much chilling for 30 minutes. 

Also our stroller/car seat arrived today. Found it for $100 discount due to open box on eBay. Yay! My 3yr old dd played with it for over 2 hrs today. 
    I love it. We borrowed a cheap car seat and a car seat stroller thing for dd and I didn’t love them. This time, since we don’t need very much other stuff I saved up and sold old girl clothes (expecting a boy this time) and made enough to buy this :)

• Options
    @rennie1108 I don't think it's that unusual to get a bit more worried in the third trimester.  You're a lot further along and to the point where if needed the baby could survive outside if needed.

• Options
    Argh, I'd tried to change my user name ages ago, forgot about it, and now it randomly changes a month later.  Why TB whyyyyyyy.  Ok it will switch back to saucentoss in about another month.  :(
  • Options
    I have my 28w appt tomorrow, I'm really hoping we can talk about whether an induction is going to happen or not. My DD was born with shoulder dystocia due to macrosomia so my Dr previously mentioned inducing earlier this time. I don't necessarily mind being induced but it would be nice to go into labor naturally, I just wish/hope my body would do it before 40w
  • Options
    @professormama that sounds like a perfect time to go! Not sure if you’re east coast or west coast but Hawaii would be amazing so relaxing tropical and no need for passport so save a hundred+ there. All the other spots would be nice too when we did Europe we were on the go to see as much as possible but I’m sure it depends where you go. I loved England Wales sounds cool really beautiful and different there. Let us know what you decide!! I tried to convince my sister to have her wedding in Hawaii but they picked Mexico which should still be fun if I can get the baby there. Def wish it was Hawaii! 
  • Options
    Is anyone else still sleeping on their stomach? I’ve been shifting to my side a bit more than usual, but I still mostly sleep on my stomach with one leg up on a small pillow. DH doesn’t understand how it’s still comfortable and honestly, I don’t either. 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama:  I've been sleeping with my shoulders face-down and one hip turned up some.  It's not my first choice position, but it is definitely a welcome break when I get hip pain from sleeping on my side (every couple of hours).
  • Options
    I have always kind of sleep on my side leg on pillow, tilted towards my stomach. Still works. but I do find myself having to get up in the middle of the night to stretch 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    I sleep very similarly to @kosmo86

Sorta on my side but tilted forwards on/hugging the snoogle. I also toss and turn from on the right side to on the left a lot. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    I keep waking up stuck on my back with DD on top of my arm or attached to my nipple, needing to pee. This is not sustainable.
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama, that's how I sleep 90% of the time, even now.  I wake up on my side or back sometimes, but really the only comfortable way for me to fall asleep is stomach, with a leg kinked up under me and one arm under my hip/belly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I ALWAYS wake up on my back... Freaks me out a little bit. But I haven't been feeling lightheaded or anything, so I'm hoping it's fine.
  • Options
    @frenchfrymama my doc said you’d wake up naturally before it became an issue so don’t get too freaked out if you’re on your back. He said just to change position and go back to sleep. 
  • Options
    @frenchfrymama I wake up on my back most of the time too.  I don't have any issues from it, my legs seem to fall asleep if I'm lying on my side more.  I do try to have my blanket balled up or a pillow under my right hip just to tilt me ever so slightly though.

My tailbone is on fire today!  I feel like I need a good back crack and I used to be able to twist and turn myself to get a good pop but it just won't happen anymore.  Might be a trip to the chiro in my immediate future.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I got a a bobby wedge pillow to help support the belly, but it also works nice to keep me at an a bit of an incline if I want to lay more on my back. I like that it’s small and easy to bring with me when I need to switch sides. 
  • Options
    @lyse01 you're my hero if you can even sleep like that.
  • Options
    It must be high blood pressure week. Just had my 30 week appt and it was 112/80 which is normal but higher than my usual 98/60. 
    I keep stressing out and having dreams that this baby comes super early. So I asked my doctor where I should go if my water breaks (our hospital doesn’t have a NICU). And she said go straight to the children’s hospital (30min away) if it’s before 36 weeks which made me feel better to have a plan.

We have another snow day today and they already closed school for tomorrow because of the severe cold here. DD hasnt had school since last Thursday!
  • Options
    @mrstmoose cosleeping cuddles are nice and cozy sleep positions until you can’t escape from your child!
  • Options
    lyse01 said:
    @mrstmoose cosleeping cuddles are nice and cozy sleep positions until you can’t escape from your child!
    Truth!! As soon as DD is going to get her own bed/bedroom this one will practically be here. I figure i’ll get my bed back when they go to college. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @gollygeeitsamy @MRDCle @mermaidca this is super comforting!! Thank you ☺️ it's just 100% more comfy than my side. I'm normally a belly sleeper but that's uncomfortable now too .
  • Options
    Along the lines of cosleeping, any STMs have advice for getting DS1 to stay in his own bed?  For the past week, he's crept into our bed around 3am every night.  I don't mind the cuddles (and I think it's partly nightmares/how cold our house is), but I worry once DS2 arrives how this sleeping arrangement is gonna work.  Both DH and DS are heavy sleepers, plus we have a queen bed which gets awfully small when you add 6'2" DH, 30 pound dog, 35 pound 4yo son, me, and then most likely a newborn....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt do you wake up when he comes into bed with you?  If you do, I would just offer a quick hug and kiss and either send him back to his room or go and tuck him back in. That's what we have the most luck with if DS tries to come into our room. 
  • Options
    @kangstadt my son does this every single night, without fail. Right now, he lays in bed and yells for me until I go get him and bring him to our room, then we settle back down and go back to sleep. One solution we have floated around is that my husband might start getting up and going to his bed. What we are hoping is that once he realizes that he needs to stay in his bed overnight, he'll start just sleeping through the night. Of course, for us a complicating factor is that my son is trying to potty train overnight and he usually either has a wet pull up or wants to pee when he wakes up, so I'm not sure if he'll start sleeping overnight no matter what we try... 
  • Options
    @professormama yeeeep I also have to remind DS to go potty any time he wakes up MOTN, because if he does have an accident he ends up in bed with us because I'm not about to change the sheets at 3am.
  • Options
    @MRDCle, I usually wake up, and occassionally ask him to go back to his bed but that almost always ends in tears.  I just haven't had the energy to pick thst battle yet, but thinking I may have to soon.   Or, like @professormama, send DH to suck it up and sleep in the twin bed with him  :tongue:.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt I’d first try taking him back to his bed. we’ve been having the same issue with DS(3). He's been consistent at 10:30pm and 4am waking. DH usually takes him back to bed and he falls asleep with him. Also I’ve put DH in charge of this so DS is used to him and not me when baby comes. If it happens when the new baby comes teach him to lay at the bottom of the bed. We did that with DD when DS was cosleeping. She will still lay at my feet if she wakes up in the night  
  • Options
    My entire house (both kids, DH, dog, and my parents) were all asleep by 8pm and now I don’t know what to do lol 
  • Options
    @kangstadt when we transitioned DD from crib to toddler bed we got Mella (little hippo sleep trainer clock). She lights up green when DD is allowed to get out of bed.  It took about a week to work but now she runs into our room between 6:30 and 7:30 yelling 'Mella is green, can we go dr downstairs?'
  • Options
    @tmblickley we have the same clock! Except ours is “Clocko.” 
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma I’m so jealous. I want to be asleep yet everyone is awake and I know if I sit down before I clean up some of the yogurt that is everywhere, I’m going to be giving DD a second shower tonight and cleaning upholstery in the morning.
  • Options
    I miss feeling fully like myself. I’m tired of being tired all the time. I’m just bummed a lot these days. Nothing major, just slightly down. Blah. These hormones suck. And I know my emotions are only going to get even more unpredictable postpartum. 
  • Options
    @snowhite12 I'm exactly the same I hate being pregnant and want to be done so badly
    I wanted to ask about scheduling a voluntary c section. That's a thing right like choosing to do c section? Has anyine ever done it? Am I a horrible person for wanting it?
    My SO lives an hour away and I'm afraid to go into labor and him be so far away. 
    Can anyone discuss the pros and cons of c section vs natural?
  • Options
    Csection is 3 to 4 days in the hospital versus 2 days (8 weeks til you're medically cleared for work vs 6 weeks).  Csection requires cutting the abdominal muscles so it will be hard to sit up without assistance and you cant lift anything bigger than baby for a few weeks. It also cuts the nerves so i was numb around the incision for about a year afterward.  And try not to laugh or sneeze because it hurts like the dickens.

I'm trying to do vbac this time around if possible because with a toddler around too, I'd prefer the quicker recovery but I'll go with what's necessary to have a safe delivery