August 2019 Moms
Options

12 Weeks & Vomiting

Hi! I’m a little over 12 weeks & I just wanted some advice!
So as of today, starting at 4:30 am I threw up 4 times and finally decided to take my nausea medicine and ate some breakfast! I then threw that up 20 minutes later. So I didn’t eat but continued to drink fluids (water) I ended up eating again at 11 and throwing that up so I kept drinking water and then threw the water up and this happened again 2 hours later. Went to doc and got tested for flu. Negative. The doc prescribed me different pills for nausea and vomiting and told me to eat bland foods. After I left doc i threw up water again. Got home tried to eat and drank Gatorade. Well
just threw that up . Question is, am I okay? When should I go to hospital? I’ve never been sick this long and I feel crappy!

Re: 12 Weeks & Vomiting

• Options
    Hi! I’m a little over 12 weeks & I just wanted some advice!
    So as of today, starting at 4:30 am I threw up 4 times and finally decided to take my nausea medicine and ate some breakfast! I then threw that up 20 minutes later. So I didn’t eat but continued to drink fluids (water) I ended up eating again at 11 and throwing that up so I kept drinking water and then threw the water up and this happened again 2 hours later. Went to doc and got tested for flu. Negative. The doc prescribed me different pills for nausea and vomiting and told me to eat bland foods. After I left doc i threw up water again. Got home tried to eat and drank Gatorade. Well
    just threw that up . Question is, am I okay? When should I go to hospital? I’ve never been sick this long and I feel crappy!
    Hi! I’m sorry you’re so sick. This is a question for your doctor. Did your dr give you any guidance of when to go to the ER or otherwise seek further medical assistance? Do they have a line you can call and get a call back tonight? I am not a dr but at some point if you can’t keep water down you will need to get some help re-hydrating. I honestly have no idea at what point to do that.

If you haven’t intro’d here before tell us about yourself on our introductions thread. Also, we have a symptoms thread where posters are already talking about morning sickness. We generally discourage one-off threads like this.
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12738703/symptoms-thread-month-of-january#latest
  • Options
    Hey girl. So sorry you are feeling so terrible. Keep us posted about what ends up happening! I hope you get some relief. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @suzycupcake What does that mean? 
  • Options
    Warning to the rest of the ladies here, we also have a serial post reporter around here (not mentioning any names) because someone doesn't like the way that ALL bmbs are organized on TB. Just an FYI so this doesn't happen to you too. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    I reported your post calling me a "troll stalking August BMB" because it had no purpose besides to be abusive and inflammatory. This has nothing to do with board organization. I have not reported any other posts. Glad to hear you got your fair warning.

I will now return to more positive and uplifting threads, and do not choose to participate in this one any longer. 
  • Options
    People are reported for breaking rules of The Bump and I'm currently speaking to them about it. My post didn't break any rules because I wasn't trying to keep you from enjoying this board the way you are trying to do to us. My post specifically defined what you do in this BMB. Most of the time, you post in these threads to rebel against the board organization and rules that exist in all BMBs and have for years just because you don't agree with them.

Well, guess what? The rest of us agree with them, we like the structure, and it's the way we want things to be. Do you do that because you wish to upset the people trying to keep the organization and rules that were set before us? If not, then why do you? Because we don't appreciate it and it isn't going to make you any friends around here, imo.  
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    I reported your post calling me a "troll stalking August BMB" because it had no purpose besides to be abusive and inflammatory. This has nothing to do with board organization. I have not reported any other posts. Glad to hear you got your fair warning.

I will now return to more positive and uplifting threads, and do not choose to participate in this one any longer. 

• Options
    I think at 24 hrs of not keeping water down is when they typically recommend you go to the ER. I have no idea though if/how that changes with pregnancy. 

• Options
    Suzy, I feel compelled to respond to a few of your alarming accusations.

First,  I post in all kinds of threads. Nothing is targeted towards dismantling the rules, or rebelling, or making people mad as you seem to believe.

Rather, I respond to newcomers with kindness and I try to offer a word of support or an answer to their questions. Usually someone before me has already pointed out proper board organization, so I need not repeat it again. I have reviewed the rules and there is no prohibition on responding to an individual post with kindness or trying to answer a question. The rules merely discourage you to post one-off threads about yourself. I do avoid this, in the spirit of the community. I have never posted a thread about myself.In no way am I preventing others from enjoying the community.

And further, your post above (calling me a "troll stalking August BMB" and following it with a sarcastic Mean Girls gif) did not "specifically define" what I do which you pereceive to be a problem. It merely name-called and mocked. This is surely against the rules and surely not what we would want this community to embody.

I do prefer less structured boards, but that is neither here nor there. I still play by the rules around here when I'm here. If you don't like that I choose to offer a word of support to newcomers (after someone has already pointed out proper thread organization), that is okay, but I do it out of kindness and do not believe I deserve to be attacked for it.

If you have any further concerns or want to talk this through more, please feel free to send me a direct message. 

Thank you.
  • Options
    @law_and_little1 That's fine to be kind to people, but from my perspective, you didn't start posting regularly in here until February 1st. It's there in your post history. Before that, you were posting like once every 5 days and even once every two weeks. Yours posts up until February 1st were mainly in response to one off posters. 

Everyone can see that all you've done when called out is argue, and lawyer (that's your profession) words to make it look like you are the innocent one when you are called out for what you're doing. 

The first time two months ago, your post was right after another member reminded a one off poster of the rules and your post was removed for a TOU violation because you directed the OP to go to another forum where the rules are less structured, monitored, rigid, oh and said that everyone over at the other forum was welcoming and responsive compared to this board. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/90941167#Comment_90941167

The second time, on January 4th, a complete stranger who had never posted in August BMB before, posted to tell everyone about a Facebook group she created. Many people posted gifs in response to that because it was so out of left field and she did nothing to take the time to familiarize herself with the board or the rules. You came in like a WK to stick up for her because you think that any form of sarcasm is cruelty. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/90954620#Comment_90954620

The third time, on January 20th, someone else posts a one off Intro for themselves, one of us explains the rules and nicely. You came in and posted to answer her question after she was just told that she is to use the intro thread to intro herself and use the weekly questions thread to ask those types of questions. Answering a one off posters question does nothing but encourage more one off posts. The OP never came back to the boards or any boards on TB and never posted anything else but that one post. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/90977333#Comment_90977333

The fourth time brings us to this thread. You didn't post to answer a question at all. Another member already replied to the OP, answered her question, and told her about the rules. The only reason you posted what you posted was to again feed into your rebellious attitude about the structure and rules of these boards--they are rigid, too structured, monitored, and less welcoming and responsive compared to the other board you tried to direct someone to a couple of months ago. Notice how this OP has never come back or posted anything else other than this either and nothing rude was said to her. 

Only after you were called out for a 4th time did you decide to report a post because you didn't like someone pointing out that you seemingly only post to get a rise out of the members who do their best to keep this board organized. So it would seem to me by going over your history on these boards, that your pleas to be seen as an empathetic person who only wants to be kind to others, are disingenuous. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    edited February 2019
    @suzycupcake I can see that you have taken a lot of effort to thoroughly review my post history. It is clear that you care a lot so I think you deserve as thorough a reply as you have provided. I can appreciate your efforts. 

You're right, I was reprimanded a couple of months ago for suggesting another less-regulated board to a poster who I thought might like it. I still think that reprimand was unwarranted,  since all I did was suggest another forum in addition to this one, and I never said they were welcoming "compared to this board." In fact, I never said anything about this board or the people on it, other than that it is strictly regulated, which is a fact.  But I won't dare do it again, and haven't since.  

I don't know what to say about your second example. I will always stick up for people when I feel like they are being belittled on the internet. I do think a gang of sarcastic gifs is unnecessary and unkind. I stand by my supportive comment and would absolutely do it again. I don't know what WK means so I am unable to respond to that comment. 

For the third and present example, again, I am not violating community rules by responding to individual posts to offer a word of support or answer a question after someone has already pointed out the preferred board organization. I will continue to try to be kind and welcoming to anyone who comes to this space. I can not do anything about it if this strikes you as disingenuous. 

And regarding the frequency of my posts, I will tell you now that it will likely be irregular, so you will drive yourself crazy if you try to monitor whether I'm posting every two weeks, every 5 days, etc. Though I do hope you've noticed, during your extensive research, that I have made an effort to participate more in regular threads, in the spirit of the community, since it appears wildly unacceptable to disproportionately engage with first time posters who didn't do it right. 

Edit: I just figured it how to check my own post history. I posted 11 times before (and not including) February 1. And 7 out of 11 of those posts were in response to normal threads. So this whole manifesto is really very silly.

I think that's it, and let me know if there is anything else I can address for you.

Thank you.