Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check In W/O 1/21/19

Hey guys this is my last week in 1st trimester who ever would like to take over the weekly check ins feel free! 

How far along are you/ EDD?

How are you feeling/any symptoms?

Any upcoming appointments?

Any thoughts/questions/concerns?

Is anyone planning a babymoon? If so, where? 

@mamak225 @teenad82 @telda715 @blackhottamales @suzycupcake @elvedon @flanners1 @babydust2507 @jrm_14

Re: 1st Trimester Check In W/O 1/21/19

• How far along are you/ EDD?  13 weeks 4 days , EDD July 25th 

How are you feeling/any symptoms? My symptoms have all but disappeared other than still feeling tired I really can’t complain. 

Any upcoming appointments? Next appointment is till an Ultrasoubf on Feb 8th and my 16 week appointment on Feb 11th

Any thoughts/questions/concerns? None today. 

Is anyone planning a babymoon? If so, where?  We had plans to go to CO this May before we even got pregnant so we may turn it into a babymoon too. Personally i would’ve loved to have gone to a tropical destination but Zika kinda freaks me out too much.
  • Oh hey @ndz2018! I'm so happy you're moving on up to Tri2! <3

How far along are you/ EDD? 10w3d
    How are you feeling/any symptoms? Nope, and getting anxious because of it. 
    Any upcoming appointments? Have my NIPT test on the 30th.
    Any thoughts/questions/concerns? Just a little stressy ever since we found out one (of 2) of the babies stopped growing. Counting down to Tri2.
    Is anyone planning a babymoon? If so, where? Nah. Unless someone wants to babysit a 2.5 with zero eff's and a lot of opinions.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm moving over to 2nd Tri! see you next week @ndz2018
  • @ndz2018 That’s awesome! How do you feel about moving to 2nd tri? I’m with you on a tropical moon. Wish we could. CO sure is gorgeous though! 

@MamaK225 Hugs and hang in there. I can imagine how nerve racking this is for you. Did you have a 10w u/s? I can’t rememeber.

@blackhottamales and @ndz2018 I will lurk 2nd tri now to catch your updates. Congrats ladies!! 

How far along are you/ EDD?
    10w1d

Mostly fine. Fatigue set in a bit further the night before last but thankfully it hasn’t gotten me tonight so hopefully that kind work return. It was bordering on Multiple Sclerosis fatigue. Last night I had heartburn which went away with brussel sprouts. We learned there are a list of foods that treat it. Apparently several greens are highly alkaline and get rid of it. Food Science is so neat! Other than that, there are moments where I feel uncomfortable but nothing in particular. 

The emotions have settled now. Yesterday I cried for a long while and shared the stuff I had been harboring. That felt really great and helped to resolve a lot of it. It’s amazing how quickly we forget that talking about it does that. 

Working on scheduling an OB appointment. I chose one but Kaiser has some sort of a walk in thing you have to do to register first. We got to see the little guy today and he moved around. Oh man was that something special. We graduated from our RE! It’s so strange but I’m happy to be moving on. For once in a long while, I’m not experiencing fear of something bad happening. It’s my plan to enjoy that ride. 

Any thoughts/questions/concerns? 
    Not today. 

Is anyone planning a babymoon? If so, where? We’ve thrown the idea around. No places have been thought of yet but I’m gonna make sure that we do this. It may need to be over a four day weekend in July because we had a lot of time off of work at Christmas. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake
    Don't visit us in July for your babymoon! (I live in Florida!) Heat is the -worst- when you're pregnant and already uncomfortable. I would go somewhere you can relax, maybe a nice resort, and stay in the a/c with your feet up and sleep in! 

@MamaK225  
    Try not to stress too much about it -- you can't do anything about it and worry is just borrowing trouble from tomorrow. Feel free to pm me if you need or just want to get it off your chest; I had a vanishing twin after my BFP and I know how complicated it can feel.  But the fat lady has not sung yet so try to keep it from your mind!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @MamaK225 This journey is so freakin unfair sometimes. If you need to talk I ‘m a PM away.

@suzycupcake It’s strange! After all this time TTC And you finally do you’re like .. wait what do I do Now? Lol honestly it still doesn’t feel real to me yet. Congrats on graduating from the RE! 

• Hi everyone, I’m late this week but still here! 

How far along are you/ EDD? 13w 5 days, due date 27 July - they moved my DD and are counting by period instead of transfer. It’s just 2 days difference so ... whatever. 

All symptoms gone but I’m huge. Like really ridiculous. I compared pics from my last pregnancy and I’m about same size as week 25 last time. Even asked the MFM but she said it’s totally normal.  

just had one today to keep an eye on my cervix. It’s closed and long at 4cm still. Going back in 3 weeks to check it stays that way

Is anyone planning a babymoon? If so, where? 
    Not planned yet but hoping we can do one and get my in laws to babysit. 

This first trimester has felt so very long... I’ll be glad to be out of it! 

@MamaK225 I’m really sorry to hear about your vanishing twin. I had this with my first pregnancy too at around 9.5 weeks. I was heart broken and had a hard time to come to terms with it. Allow yourself to grieve and be sad about this. It does get better. Feel free to message if you need to chat. Sending hugs ❤️
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Thank you so much everyone, it's still bothering me more than I like ... I just want good news and clear sailing from here on out. @suzycupcake, no more ultrasounds until 16 weeks when I go to MFM. I have my MaterniT21 next Wednesday and I'll be almost 12 weeks then, hoping I'll at least get a doppler because I haven't even had the heart rate measured yet. I think my doc was too focused on trying to keep me from getting upset and/or doing the head-to-rump measurment of the thriving baby than remembering to do that. It's nice that he cares so much and is so invested, but I'm a science lady ... I'll move through the emotions better if I have data on my side.

@flanners1 - Congrats on your near-move into the second trimester! Have you found out if you have an anterior placenta? I did with DD and I wonder if that helped keep her a little more concealed/compact later. I, too, feel like I'm the same size I was at 25-28 weeks and I'm only 10w6d. And I've actually lost 8 lbs. It's surreal.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited January 2019
    @MamaK225
    Just information for you to digest -- I actually declined the first trimester screening as it has shown to be inaccurate in pregnancies with a vanishing twin. The only one that claims to have any accuracy in such pregnancies is the Panorama screening since it actually looks for evidence of a vanishing twin. There is a higher risk of false positive or inaccurate risk assessments since it will still be looking at the dna of the second embryo as well. It is generally thought to take about 9 weeks from the time the fetus stopped developing to the time that their dna is no longer present in the mother's blood. I personally did not want to risk the stress of false positives and just went with the anatomy screenings to check for abnormalities. It is, however, a personal decision.  Your OB might have an opinion on it; mine agreed with the decision to not do the first trimester screening.  He also said I should stop reading journal articles! :smile:

My RE was actually relieved a bit at the thought of it not being a twin pregnancy since those are much more risky and he was already talking about the high risk pregnancy doctor he would refer me to! In the end, it's complicated since you're relieved that the baby who is thriving is doing well  but at the same time, mourning a loss. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."