July 2019 Moms
Options

Game of Thrones Thread

13»

Re: Game of Thrones Thread

• Options
    @hakele - ahhhhhhhh - I've been avoiding this thread because I do not have HBO or HBOGo currently so I have not actually seen the new season of GOT :) Hopefully we can catch up at some point over the summer. 
  • Options
    hakelehakele member
    Oops, sorry. Bad tag on my part! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Daaaaammmmmnnn
  • Options
    What the actual eff just happened?! Omg. They can’t end that episode that way. Jesus. One more. How are they going to make this come to a conclusion in ONE episode?!?! 
  • Options
    What the actual eff just happened?! Omg. They can’t end that episode that way. Jesus. One more. How are they going to make this come to a conclusion in ONE episode?!?! 
  • Options
    I feel like someone is going to kill Dany now, but who? And would it affect who's on the throne then? Like, if Tyrion kills her is he king? Arya? 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 Agreed--how are they going to wrap up all that plus the storylines for Sansa, Bran, Brienne, Bronn, Gendry, Davos, Grey Worm...?
    I was expecting the Mad Queen to appear, and I agree with the reviews that say there have been plenty of hints in the past that we dismissed as purely heroic, but wow that was excessive. I wish we could have seen a shot of Daenerys' face as she torched random sidestreets in the city just to see what was going through her mind. I'm convinced now that Arya will be the one to kill her. Arya has been all about revenge, but it's clear now that she doesn't tolerate the destruction of innocents. She is a Stark after all.
    And I can't believe they left Jaime and Cersei's deaths so ambiguous. The reviews I've read confirmed that they're definitely dead--so why didn't the audience actually see it happen instead of watching them get surrounded by dust and debris? 
    Side note: does this mean Daenerys is both the "younger and more beautiful" queen AND the valonquar? She is the youngest sibling of three... 
  • Options
    Daenery's has lost her shit! I had a feeling it was coming but had no idea how crazy she'd go... I say Jon or Arya takes her down... I felt that Cersei's death was so lame, after all the evil she has done, she gets to die with her brother in a pile of rubble? no thanks, that was stupid.

+1 for so many stories that need to be wrapped up in one episode, not sure how they can do it to make me happy LOL!
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    "I wish we could have seen a shot of Daenerys' face as she torched random sidestreets in the city just to see what was going through her mind."

@hestia14 Yeah, was she laughing, crying, angry? But the writers said they did that purposefully so that we solely saw it from the perspective of those on the ground. They didn't want us to experience her perspective or humanize her angry/craycray, just the sheer terror that the innocent folks of Kings Landing were going through.

Crazy episode, I loved it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    gembudgembud member
    edited May 2019
    I saw a tweet with a picture of the horse at the end saying Bran sent Arya an uber and died laughing

I think a lot of those people are just done story wise - not cool at all. I really don't think 6 episodes was enough to wrap it up. And if I hear them complain about their budget one more time I swear!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I liked the episode, @tsa208 I watched the end of episode director talk too and it made sense why it centered on random people's stories, like that mother and daughter. I liked the perspective.
    Not sure how I feel about Cersei's death, I was hoping for something more than that as a revenge type of thing. But at the same time, I've enjoyed Jaime's character development so I liked that ending for him.
    @gbud630 yes agreed! I know that they can't control the episodes they get (or can they, IDK) but everything feels suuuuper quick.
    Also, safe to assume Elaria Sand is dead then? Since last time we saw her she was in a dungeon in the Red Keep??
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited May 2019
    Anyone else super triggered by the moms and kids scared/running/burning to death? My maternal hormones were killing me last night!  :D 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is really a FFC but we thought we had a meeting at the daycare center today but it was actually tomorrow...so DH and I just went home and watched last night’s GOT since we had both blocked 2 hours on our calendars :) was totally worth it!
  • Options
    @tsa208, yes. And actually - I haven’t shared this a lot - but my son died in a fire and it was SUPER upsetting to me. Not the first time I’ve had to deal with that on GOT. But man.... too brutal. 
  • Options
    @Happyin14 oh my goodness. I can totally see how that, and many other scenes in GoT would be triggering. I’m so sorry... 😭
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    @Happyin14 Ugh, I recall you mentioning that. It was difficult for me to watch those scenes, I can't imagine how you felt. *  hugs *
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a dream last night that everyone got revenge on Daenerys by pieing her in the face. :lol: My dream also involved ordering cake pops from Burger King...
  • Options
    @hestia14 🤣😂 Haha, this is great! 
  • Options
    @hestia14 now I want that hershey's ice cream pie thing from Burger King  :D
  • Options
    Well, I think it was a happy-ish ending. I have mixed emotions.... I really think there were tons of holes in this season in general, and they needed more time to play out those stories. It seems like everyone got what they wanted, just about. 
  • Options
    Very disappointed. I feel like I kept waiting for something to happen but nothing amazing happened. The best part was John being reunited with Ghost. But why was John not made king? I don’t understand why he always gets the short end of the stick
  • Options
    That episode was lame. Only good thing was Jon killing Dani, rest was a snooze fest. But I’m glad he at least pet Ghost this episode. 
  • Options
    gembudgembud member
    What's with the water bottle?? First the coffee cup now a water bottle? Were they even trying this season or was it just senior year??
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @hestia14 I am literally giving you a standing ovation for this! I agree with you 100%  I still feel like there are unanswered questions.  And i'm not going to lie i am a little disappointed more people didnt die.  But I am guessing the writers maybe left a few things open for a movie or spin offs......?? Who knows.  The disappointment I felt was the same disappointment I felt when I finished the Sopranos.  Empty and wondering
  • Options
    @mom2b77373 perfect comparison! Agreed, both GoT and the Sopranos  ended and I just though WTF.
  • Options
    acgxacgx member
    Agree with a lot of y'all's comments. I'm trying to remember that there was no way the writers could have pleased everyone with the ending of this show. And agree that petitioning to redo it with different writers is ridiculous. 

All in all I felt kinda meh about the last episode and the last season in general. 

Specific comments: 

▪️The scenes where Jon killed Dany and then where Drogon came in and nudged her body were perfect. 
    ▪️It's suddenly Arya's dream to set sail and what, discover America?
    ▪️Glad Jon and Ghost are reunited. Kinda think it's appropriate that Jon ended up back north of the wall. 
    ▪️If Bran was going to be king, they should've developed his character more. 

I wish we'd had like 12 episodes to end the show instead of 6. 🤷🤷