Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Possible missed or late ovulation???

First month going on possible second month ttc, usually have a pretty regular cycle, period is off sometimes by MAYBE a couple of days. 30-32 day cycle. Last period was Dec 1th-5th, got flashing smiley OPK (Clearblue) Dec 12th-15th and solid smiley on the 16th. (We’re a lesbian couple using at home insemination with a known donor). We inseminated 14th-16th using preseed and softcup method. Started testing 6 days before missed period (FRER) (9dpo), got what we thought were faint lines that got a little darker, but negative blood test. I am now 2 weeks 2 days late for AF. If I would have got my period on time I would be ovulating in the next couple days again, so we’re going to just give it a long shot and inseminate the next couple of days just in case. I’m very curious if anyone knows if we’re accurate with that?? Or will this do us no good at all and we should be waiting for next AF to hit and then starting all over again? Confused.

Re: Possible missed or late ovulation???

• Options
    First month going on possible second month ttc, usually have a pretty regular cycle, period is off sometimes by MAYBE a couple of days. 30-32 day cycle. Last period was Dec 1th-5th, got flashing smiley OPK (Clearblue) Dec 12th-15th and solid smiley on the 16th. (We’re a lesbian couple using at home insemination with a known donor). We inseminated 14th-16th using preseed and softcup method. Started testing 6 days before missed period (FRER) (9dpo), got what we thought were faint lines that got a little darker, but negative blood test. I am now 2 weeks 2 days late for AF. If I would have got my period on time I would be ovulating in the next couple days again, so we’re going to just give it a long shot and inseminate the next couple of days just in case. I’m very curious if anyone knows if we’re accurate with that?? Or will this do us no good at all and we should be waiting for next AF to hit and then starting all over again? Confused.
    QFP
    @mo_price11 I'm sorry that you're dealing with this.  We operate differently than a lot of the other TTC forums and don't do one-off posts on this board.  Please read the pinned posts, intro in the appropriate weekly thread, and then questions can be asked in the weekly question thread.

All that being said, I would not suggest just "taking a chance" and inseminating just in case if I were you.  Are you temping along with using OPKs to confirm ovulation?  This is really the only way that we can confirm O without having an ultrasound done.  Checking your CM and CP can help to pinpoint O as well.  In fact, I would highly recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you haven't already.   Also, since you have started the inseminations, has your OB run any tests to confirm there are no possible issues and a semen analysis on the donor?  I would hate for you and your wife to waste your time TTC only to find out that there is a problem down the road.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for posting incorrectly, very new with all of this. Thank you for your suggestions I appreciate them. I am in no way tech savvy, trying to figure out how to delete this whole post?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for posting incorrectly, very new with all of this. Thank you for your suggestions I appreciate them. I am in no way tech savvy, trying to figure out how to delete this whole post?
    No worries.  Unfortunately, you can't delete a post.  You can just leave it and it will eventually get pushed down as other posts are added.  I hope you find this community as helpful as the rest of us and good luck on your TTC journey!  

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree