cmdesignercmdesigner member
edited January 2019 in September 2019 Moms

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: (Stolen from Group 4) Would you prefer a vacation in the mountains or vacation at the beach, and why?

Re: Group 3 (sep.16-22) check-in w/o jan 14-20

• Options
    edited January 2019

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: September 22, 5wks +1

Baby is the size of a(n): tardigrade / poppy seed 

Upcoming Appointments: 1/29 Midwife "Confirmation of Pregnancy"

How are you feeling?: Like a bag of ass. I am so tired. 

Rants/Raves: Got some much needed cleaning done this weekend. I also baked some cupcakes with tie dye frosting. This was AFTER a horribly failed, smelled-like-a-fritatta, lemon olive oil cake. I have NO clue what I did wrong. Cupcakes in spoiler.

Questions: Anyone still POAS? I feel like I am being ridiculous.

GTKY: Would you prefer a vacation in the mountains or vacation at the beach, and why? Beach, 100%. That is my happy place. We vacation every year at North Topsail Island, NC.

• Options
    edited January 2019

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9.18 // 4+5

Baby is the size of a(n): tiny thing

Upcoming Appointments: I’m gonna call todayish. 

How are you feeling?: Great! I am so excited to not have AF for like a year. 😂

Rants/Raves: I am prolly gonna tell work today. Eep!! I work in a lab with some gnarly chemicals so it’s prolly what I should do so they can pull me out. I just feel terrible about it and I’m 98% sure I’m outing my status and most people will know by the end of the week. 

Questions: nah, man.

GTKY: (Stolen from Group 4) Would you prefer a vacation in the mountains or vacation at the beach, and why?

Mountains prolly. Don’t get me wrong, I love the beach and all but I love skiing and mountain biking and hiking. Plus the beach has sand that gets literally everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

*eta edd

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cmdesigner Those cuppycakes look delish! I POAS Sat since I wanted to see a dark line. Not gonna lie, I bought a pkg of FRERs but never opened it since I wasn’t sure if I trusted the wondfos...am now contemplating returning it. Weird or not? I could save like $12 but I feel like returning it would be odd...LOL
  • Options
    omg1108omg1108 member
    edited January 2019

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/17    4W6D

Baby is the size of a(n): waterbear or poppyseed

Upcoming Appointments:  first ob/gyn appt. is 2/6 

How are you feeling?: I am feeling pretty good! I have been motivated to get up & exercise in the morning which is really important to me. I am bummed about the bloat & feeling extra heavy these days. I finally got the full-on sore boobies today (which makes me feel more pregnant :) )  

Rants/Raves: I would love to sleep a full night!!!! Tossing & turning has the best of me. 

Questions: What are your takes on eggplant? Is it an old wives tale that it may cause miscarriage? I love it & have just perfected it in the air fryer. I have two baby eggplants at home that are going to get sent packing. Not worth the worry--even if it is an old wives tale. But I have seen some research as well. Thoughts?

GTKY: (Stolen from Group 4) Would you prefer a vacation in the mountains or vacation at the beach, and why?Absolutely the beach! I love the sun & being tan! I love the ocean & smell of salt water. The tropics are my happy place--specifically love Jamaica!

• Options

@cmdesigner I'm still POAS just to watch the progression :# but I should probably stop now that pregnancy is confirmed...

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/22, 4w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): tardigrade 

Upcoming Appointments: actually had one last night to confirm pregnancy. The doctor was just going to check my uterine lining, but we ended up seeing a little 4mm sac! Next one is 1/27 to check heart beat.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good still--bloated, tired and thirsty, but none of the serious symptoms have hit yet. Also still feeling nervous and excited. 

Rants/Raves: just spent an hour in a friend's house with very "fragrant" candles and now my hair and clothes are steeped in the not-so-pleasant smell. Guess my super-pregnancy-nose is developing. 

Questions: anyone else hoping to try for a VBAC?

GTKY: (Stolen from Group 4) Would you prefer a vacation in the mountains or vacation at the beach, and why? I love all things nature-related so it's hard to pick! But I think the ocean wins out, so beach. We used to live in Charleston, SC and loved being so close to the beach! 

• Options

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/20, 4w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): chia seed

Upcoming Appointments: haven’t made one yet

How are you feeling?: anxious. My boobs had been hurting but it really comes and goes. It really freaks me out. 

Rants/Raves: My coworkers deduced that I’m pregnant because I asked if some feta was pasteurized when we went out to dinner, lol. At least I don’t have to tell them. 

I also broke a freaking tooth today. Ugh. My first pregnancy, you weren’t supposed to have dental work done but I was googling and it looks like it’s ok now? I know I have some other cavities so I might as well get them taken care of if I can I suppose. 

Questions: anyone else’s symptoms come and go? I don’t like it

GTKY: (Stolen from Group 4) Would you prefer a vacation in the mountains or vacation at the beach, and why? Beach please. I love lounging in the sun and I hate the cold and snow. I do like hiking though 

• Options
    @cmdesigner I just took my POAS 2x/day down to 1x/day soooo I’m proud of that! Hahaha I still have one old school ClearBlue test that will tell you the weeks predictor that I’m gonna take next week too. I wish they were still around 😭😭😭

@omg1108 I was gonna say eggplant is 100% okay to eat, and then I googled to check and it said to avoid eggplant, cauliflower, spinach, and broccoli which I just can’t fathom being true so I would fact check a little more first... I’m skeptical. I’d eat the eggplant! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/19 / 4w 5d

Baby is the size of a(n): Fleur de Sel

Upcoming Appointments: 1/28

How are you feeling?: Excited! and 

Rants/Raves: Nah

Questions: Nah

GTKY: (Stolen from Group 4) Would you prefer a vacation in the mountains or vacation at the beach, and why? Depends on time of year and purpose. Winter: Mountains so I can get some snow. Otherwise, beach is great.

Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @omg1108 I've never heard that about eggplant; but, then again, I know nothing about pregnancy!
    @cmdesigner @sunshine2417 I POAS this morning and plan to do it again tonight and tomorrow!
    @calliah sometimes it feels like I'm having pregnancy symptoms but then I think I must be crazy because it's so early on. I'm analyzing every little thing.
    @rnw2019 aww, yay for seeing the little yolk sac!
    @lillywonderland SO. MUCH. SAND. Every time we go to the beach, I keep finding sand all over the house days later.

Est Due Date/Weeks + Days: Sept. 22 / 4w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed? 1/2 of a poppyseed?

Upcoming Appointments: 2nd blood draw tomorrow to check for rising hcg levels

How are you feeling?: cautiously excited, anxious, surprised. Symptoms-wise, my boobs are sore and I experienced some nausea this morning that went away when I ate some toast.

Rants/Raves: I can't wait to tell DH when I get home from work today. I've got it all planned out!

Questions: How do you focus on work/friends/day-to-day life/anything else when all you want to do is read articles about the first tri and keep peeing on sticks to double check?!

GTKY: (Stolen from Group 4) Would you prefer a vacation in the mountains or vacation at the beach, and why?: Mountains. I love to hike and camp, and the beach does NOT agree with me. I'm not crazy about swimming and I hate lying around in the sun haha.

• Options
    @themadcamel my focus has been so off the rails this past week. It's a miracle I have gotten any work done at all. I found out ridiculously early, too, so I've just been antsy about it ever sense that first faint positive. Honestly, it's also hard to focus because I am so freakin' tired all the time right now.

Update: I am still POAS. Still haven't given up that little habit. Line got progressively darker over the last week though so I am feeling good about that.
  • Options
    themadcamel  Announcements are exciting! How do you plan to tell your husband?
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    @cmdesigner ugh it's crazy. I think I'm going to have to tell my principal sooner than I had planned just so I don't get my ass fired!
    @MsBeachNJ I'm going to put a bandana on the dog that says "big brother." I'll post a picture in the announcements thread once it happens! I can't wait!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @themadcamel I had to tell my boss TW (which was a whole host of anxiety because she had major fertility issues and never ended up conceiving :( ) END TW early because of my migraines. I have been having to take mornings and then WFH because of them. Glad I can do that but I know it is “noticed” by people above us.
  • Options
    @cmdesigner oh boy, that must be hard for your boss to deal with. People are CONSTANTLY pregnant at my school. I'm close with a coworker that is struggling to conceive, and it's so hard for her to deal with all of the announcements and work showers. It's nice that your boss has been so understanding. Hope your migraines start happening less frequently!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @themadcamel Yeah, she was cool. We're really close on our team, so I didn't want to lie to her. She ended up messaging me the next day and said "I'm sorry if I wasn't over the moon happy with your news. I am very happy for you. These things are just still hard for me. I wish I could lock the whole IVF saga in a box and throw away the key." I told her I 100% understand and don't want to trigger any bad memories for her.

As for the migraines, I'm going to try to up my magnesium intake. My neurologist said that could help me out. It sucks because I can't take anything other than Tylenol and that does nothing for me.