April 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms 1/13

Re: Symptoms 1/13

• Options
    @mighty_montgomery Oh man, thanks for the heads up!  Any tips for how you managed the CT?  Did you need a brace or anything? 

@thatbaintforbetty Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever had great circulation when not pregnant, either...when I was in college it was a symptom of my anxiety and often when I'm holding something really cold with my bare hand (ie a cold beer bottle in the summer) the tips of my fingers turn white and go numb...I've googled it at length and had previously mentioned it to my General practitioner, but it never seemed like anything dire... that all said I'm sure I will be a victim on the CT this next trimester  :s

• Options
    Milk switched to colostrum mid-2nd tri for me. DD is fine with it, and demanding lots of it while molars break through so it’s clearly still got some pain-relief properties.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emeraldisle87 yeah, I got a brace last week. :-/ Really didn't want to since there's so little time left, but it's worth it! It makes a big difference.
  • Options
    Random nose bleed today, and lots of weird little cramps and contractions and kicks. :/ 
  • Options
    @sheepshepherdess I also feel like I can barely eat. I also just give up and undo my bra (which is already several inches bigger band size than pre-pregnancy) frequently throughout the day. I think it helps some?
  • Options
    I think all of my discomfort can be attributed to baby being so goddamn low. every kick, roll, turn, punch makes me jump. emptying my bladder and taking shits is sometimes difficult. it's like he's hunkering down like a soldier in a trench, man. but my question to you all is, anyone else have previous experience w/ babies resting so low? is it something I should mention to my OB the next time I see her? is it any indication of what to expect in L&D? 

I still have 12 weeks to go, but I'm considering asking my boss to let me work from home a few days a week. I'm finding myself needing to get up frequently, and I go back and forth from needing to prop my feet, to not needing to... ugh. 
  • Options
    @batmama31 DD was super low. Like constant commentary on how that baby is just going to fall out. I don’t think it was indicative of anything and no doc ever mentioned it meaning anything more then just observational. I’ve heard that having them high up in your ribs is really annoying(and they can apparently break your ribs?!?) but I never had to deal with that discomfort. A support belt might help if your pelvis is giving you extra pain. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Can confirm that them being in your ribs is annoying. Sorry that he's riding low @batmama31
  • Options
    +1 for baby being in the rib area. Honestly, I have no idea how she is positioned since she’s a crazy wiggle worm, but some days the rib pain is so bad that I can’t breathe. On the days she isn’t in my ribs, she’s kicking my butthole. Can’t win 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @batmama31: I'm sorry to hear you're in so much discomfort!  I had a lot of pelvic pain earlier and agree with @thatbaintforbetty that a support belt or tank is worth a shot.  A tank really helped me. 

I'm starting to see weird flashes of light when I get really stressed (not infrequent since we started thinking about suddenly moving 2 months PP last week).  I think it's a blood pressure thing (mine fluctuates a LOT in circumstances where I would normally get anxious but don't because it's under control), and I had something similar last pregnancy that didn't wind up even turning into gestational hypertension, but I'm still not a fan.  I'll mention it to my doc on Friday, but, ugh. 

Week 25, and it's still so hard not to imagine all kinds of crazy things being wrong! :(
  • Options
    Haha, I think my baby is sideways. I'm getting hella movement on my right side but I don't feel anything up high or down low!
  • Options
    Right now I have one baby head down in my pelvis and the other is transverse across my ribs. My OB was looking for the HB with a doppler the other day for twin 2 and I was like no....look higher
  • Options
    What week(s) are babies typically felt in the rib area? I'm 29 weeks and comfortable with where my LO is- not kicking my cervix anymore and not annoyingly high either. She seems like a really chill baby.
    Also, what do BH feel like for you?
  • Options
    @mighty_montgomery I’m sure all of us can at least feel baby(ies) in our lower ribs by this point. I’m 25 weeks and he’s in my ribs all the time. It gets much worse though. Haha. I remember DD constantly had a foot jammed in there in the last several weeks. 

BH for me feel like my whole uterus suddenly hardens starting usually on the side or bottom. Since I’ve had labor contractions before, it’s basically a minor version of that, but I know that’s not a good explanation. 
  • Options
    @mighty_montgomery, I think like everything it depends on the woman/pregnancy.  I don't really feel him in my ribs yet, although I definitely can't breathe while tying my shoes anymore cause of everything else being compressed :lol:.  Mostly he kicks right around my belly button or straight down into my bladder/cervix.

BH for me have gotten harder to distinguish between baby just pressing his back against my belly and actual contraction.  Everything gets tight, including down below my belly button, and sometimes I feel the need to take a deep breath through it.  Usually if it's just him pushing, I can tell because it's only hard up higher around my belly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the painful pelvis club.  I feel like my legs are just going to pop out of their sockets sometimes.  And rolling over a night sends shooting pains through my pubic symph.

I'm having super weird feelings today.  I'm dealing with a migraine from our winter storm rolling in yesterday and catching someone's miserable cough, but I feel way off today.  It's like my whole body has that restless leg feeling.  I'm not comfortable in any position, super fidgety, it's like even my arms feel like they're on fire.  I can't sit still but I'm exhausted from moving and there are only so many positions while sitting at my desk.  It's super annoying but I don't know what to do about it.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    For me BH are very distinctive. My whole uterus gets hard and compresses. Feels like a bowling ball under my skin. I will also usually feel a slight ache in my lower back at the same time.

At 27 weeks LO isn't all the way to my ribs yet. I get jabs and pokes a few inches below, but I know it is just a matter of weeks at this point. Baby pushing on my ribs was one of my least favorite feelings. Also at that point wearing a bra makes me feel like I am being cut in half. I have such a hard time breathing already. Not looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Yeast infection. Yay.
  • Options
    I'm with you guys on the ribs thing. Baby is all up in there! Its super uncomfortable AND it makes it hard to breath. My torso is crazy short so poor girl has basically nowhere to go. I was giving a presentation at work the other day, and I literally had to stop halfway through and sit because I was so out of breath from how high up the baby was. The people in the group with kids were very cool about it, the couple of 20 year olds who's most recent exposure to pregnancy was when they were in utero... totally freaked! 
  • Options
    kangstadt said:

BH for me have gotten harder to distinguish between baby just pressing his back against my belly and actual contraction.  Everything gets tight, including down below my belly button, and sometimes I feel the need to take a deep breath through it.  Usually if it's just him pushing, I can tell because it's only hard up higher around my belly.
    girl, me too! it actually happened just now for me. i had to walk to my car to grab my lunch. and i had to take a break on the short walk back b/c my belly from the belly button down got so tight. i couldn’t tell if it was BH or RLP. is this something worth mentioning to OB at my next appt? sorry for the newb questions. i just don’t know what’s typical and what isn’t. this pregnancy has just been so vastly different from my last. i’m also pretty jaded by my doc, though. it’s pretty annoying that her suggestion for everything is to take a tylenol. she’s even mentioned prescribing me a muscle relaxer for back pain. i’ve just always been anti-pills of most kinds. i personally prefer more holistic remedies and she is absolutely clueless 🙄

@mermaidca, shooting midnight pains sound awful! i’m sorry you’re dealing w/ that. 

@lyse01, yeast infections make me cry when i’m not pregnant, i couldn’t imagine them right now! sorry for you 
  • Options
    @batmama31 i’m downing daily Tylenol despite it being pretty useless for my back. Massage, PT and chiropractor were today’s recommendations. I’m prob going to follow up on getting a PT referral.
  • Options
    @mermaidca, ugh, it's definitely not fair, sleeping at night is supposed to be comfortable, the pregnant gods are having a laugh at all of us I think.  Does anything help you?  I've noticed that sleeping on my side now sends achy pain all through my hips/glutes.  I'm not sure how to combat that since I can't sleep on my back and I usually wake up on my side even I fall asleep on my stomach.

@lyse01, oh no!  I hope it clears up soon.  Random pubic pain/vagina pain during pregnancy is bad enough without a yeast infection on top of it.

@batmama31, you could mention it, but they'll probably tell you the same that mine told me.  As long as you aren't having more than 6 an hour and they tend to go away if you change positions/activity, you're fine.  My OB also said that baby rolling/moving around can even cause BH, so yet another hard thing to distinguish, haha.  Also with you on the anti-pill train.  My OB keeps bringing up my migraines, and has offered a prescription (narcotic...) for them :expressionless:.  I'd rather try some tea/Tylenol and suck it up than take a narcotic while pregnant, even if it's deemed safe.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt nothing I've figured out helps yet.  I seems to wake up on my back more than anything now and I just subconsciously roll or move.  Laying on my side hurts because then my pelvis almost feels like it's rubbing together.  Barf.  My sister ended up sleeping a lot of nights towards the end sitting up on the couch.  We have a recliner int he basement - that might be my best bet soon haha.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I feel super lightheaded and tired and icky today. I checked my blood sugar and it’s fine. Thought it was dehydration so I started drinking more water. Didn’t help. I haven’t ever really had BP issues, could this be a BP thing? I have no idea what’s going on. Ugh. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    @thatbaintforbetty I feel like that a day last week but thankfully not since. Hopefully not significant
  • Options
    Symptoms: feeling like I'm going to literally pop from the intense pressure and weight crushing all my internal organs like an ever-constant bowling ball 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty, could maybe be blood pressure related... I've felt that way during this pregnancy a few times also, but I think it's related to my blood sugar/migraines/sinus congestion.  I have rather low blood pressure though, and had a few instances of my vision going black when I would stand up too fast.  Do you have an online patient portal you could send your OB a message on and ask?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kangstadt I technically do but don’t have access to it right now. Cause I am living in perpetual insurance complications. If it happens again I will definitely call and mention it but for now I’m hoping it had to do with needing more water and possibly some food.

@booksandlace I feel like that most of the time. Like I can feel all the weight of my uterus and the baby pushing down on my insides. Not cool. It’s worse at a slightly horizontal angle. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• Options
    edited January 2019
    @thatbaintforbetty: I had that a lot first tri (especially when I stood up or moved suddenly.)  My OB was totally unconcerned. Mentioned it to my optometrist on a routine visit because I was blacking out and also seeing blue lights, and he said blood pressure drop. Never hurts to call and ask a nurse for peace of mind, though. Hope you feel better! 
  • Options
    @lyse01, this boy has been moving like crazy this week.  My OB gave me a kick counting sheet at my 28 week appointment, and it says to count every day on it.  I think that's a bit of overkill, but it's definitely so cool to see my whole belly move and roll!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Emotional instability for no reason. Yesterday: super proud of productivity. Today: frustrated at lack thereof. I have done virtually the same tasks/made the same progress, but apparently my attitude has shifted to accommodate my uncomfortable body. Blah.
  • Options
    Same here @lyse01. Some days all I talk about is how I feel everything is falling apart. Next day I’m chipper and organizing like mad talking about how great our lives our. These emotional rollercoasters are no fun.
    Me: 29 DW: 44
  • Options
    Add me to the emotional roller coaster.

Does anyone else have random moments of "holy shiitake, I'm pregnant and this is really happening," kind of thoughts?  Sometimes I feel like I'm still a kid myself, or it's ten years ago, and then I feel him kick and I'm like, shit, I'm about to be a mom for the second time.  Life is pretty crazy when you think about it all.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’ve been feeling rlp or something similar kind of stretching feeling low above my hips. Sometimes kind of sharp but rarely... tons of movement at the same times every day - that is my favorite part. I’m kind of worried I’m 27 weeks and most of the movement like 90% is either super low below my belly button or sometimes on a side. I’m fairly certain his head is up and he’s kicking down. Hopefully he figures out how to flip I’ve only ever felt a couple movements over my belly button 
  • Options
    @rache1990 at 27 weeks fundal height is only slightly above the belly button.  I think my baby is sideways because I usually get kicks/punches on the sides at the same time.  Baby still has plenty of time to flip.  DD was breech and they didn't even attempt to flip her til 37 weeks because she might have just flipped back.
  • Options
    @rache1990 along with fundal height not being that high yet, if you have an anterior placenta that could be hiding movements higher up too. I do, and I feel this kid mostly below the belly button. Sometimes to the side. But rarely up top. 
  • Options
    @rachel1990 @HGRich:  I only ever feel baby kick as far down and to the left as you can get or on the right side just above my belly button.  I had had anterior placenta last time and this was pretty much what it was like, so I'm pretty sure even though they didn't mention it at my anatomy scan that's what's going on.  First baby flipped just fine by the end!
  • Options
    I also have an anterior placenta and mostly feel his kicks way down low, only occassionally around my belly button.  He also likes to kick straight down or towards my back.  I definitely wouldn't worry about position yet either!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rache1990 I carry really low so most of the movement I feel is really far down. I occasionally feel it around my belly button or slightly higher but only when I’m sitting like half laying down in my big comfy chair. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes