New England Momma's! — The Bump
September 2019 Moms

New England Momma's!

Thought it would be nice to have a little group for any moms in the New England area!

What state do you live in:  RI

How long have you lived here:  Whole life!  Lived in MA growing up, went to college in MA then moved to RI when I got married.

Favorite part of living in NE:  Having beaches in my backyard and ski mountains within driving distance!  Oh and the Pats of course  :D

Other pregnancy thoughts:  I think September is such a great month to have a birthday in around here!  Still warm and can enjoy the beach but have the fall weather & activities right around the corner  :)  I am definitely not looking forward to being nearly 9 months pregnant in August though, yikes!

Add any other questions you would like to know as well! 
aimeechris83

Re: New England Momma's!

• **lurking** Just here to remind yall who won Super Bowl LII...

#phillyphilly #bleedgreen #flyeaglesfly
    Also, I lived in MA (Boston, Allston, & Cambridge) for 5 years during my undergrad & loved it. Minus the Pats winning the Super Bowl during my time there, which was crushing. However, I got to be there when the Sox Reversed the Curse! Which was awesome! ^_~*
    chichiphinrms924
  • lololol nicky foles!!! I actually like that goofball even tho I am not an eagles fan. 

BOO PATS. 

Sorry, had to. Carry on, New England mamas.... 
    married 11.1.14
    bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone
    due sept 2019

kagesstarshroom
  • I'm in MA, born and raised and never left. My fave part of living here is having the proximity of Boston and the beaches but also lots on indoor options like museums, etc. My not so fave part is how expensive everything is and the cold winters. Pregnancy thoughts: I was a little disappointed to not be having another May baby. I do love September but I really enjoyed having my maternity leave over the summer. I'm already worrying about putting a 3-4 month old in daycare during the height of flu season. 

jeepwave
  • Hi fellow New Englanders, 

I live in Boston and have for many years, though I'm transplant from the SE so I'm not a Patriots fan. I love fall in the NE (as long as the fall in gentle and not actually just winter). @SmrBrd2012 I also do not love the cost of living and cold and am dreading having an infant in daycare in December. 

I loved having a July baby and having the summer off. DS and I walked miles everyday. I really hope September and October will still be nice. 
    jeepwave
  • @SmrBrd2012 & @bostonlady-2 I did not even think of putting a baby in daycare in December during flu season... yikes!!  I have a sister that lives in Boston and know all about the cost of living up there, it is insane not sure how you do it!  But Boston is so fun and I just love visiting (minus all that traffic!).
  • I’m from Maine here! Been here my whole life so far. I don’t love winter but I do enjoy the snow for the holidays, but fall is by far my favorite time, I love the colors, the smell, the crisp air, fresh apples, pumpkin everything!

i am also not looking forward to being super pregnant in august... ugh!
    jeepwave
  • @mainemomma8316 I love Portland!  Have been there a couple times and was hoping to go again this summer but plans may be changing now!  Such a fun place, it reminds me of Newport down here in RI.
    mainemomma8316
  • I'm in Connecticut which is New England by some standards haha but our MA family says we don't count :) We lived in Fall River, MA for the first 7 years of marriage but also have lived in Shrewsbury, MA and Norwood, MA. I went to New England Law in Boston and DH went to Wentworth also Boston.

I wish we could move back to Norwood, that was my favorite, but we both have jobs in the Hartford area and that commute was brutal. DH is a huge Boston sports fan being from MA, and just got Bells a Patriots cheerleader outfit at Target - so freaking cute. I'm from MD so like the Ravens and the Orioles but root for the Boston sports teams because they are better. I loved the O's back in the mid-90's but they haven't been good since Ripkin left, and the current owner is driving them into the mud. 

The best thing about New England IMHO is you know where you stand with people. Down south people are fake nice but you don't get that crap from NE'ers and it is so refreshing. I have no use for fake people.
    Me: 37, DH: 35 
    Married Jan 2008 

DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3

Baby #2 EDD 9/23/19

jeepwave
  • @leksiL I've lived in norwood for about 5 years now. :) it's nice but we will probably move further from the city so we can afford a house. :| It has gotten so expensive here.

• @SmrBrd2012 Yea houses in Norwood are 3x what they are in our CT suburban town. But the taxes are 1/3 cheaper so the mortgages would be about the same. :-| I'd rather have equity then pay more taxes LOL. Either place is 1000x better than the Riv! ;) 
    Me: 37, DH: 35 
    Married Jan 2008 

DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3

Baby #2 EDD 9/23/19

SmrBrd2012
  • @leksiL I use to live in Fall River and Somerset!  And I totally have to agree with your assessment of NE'ers, we are brutally honest haha
    Big game tomorrow, get that Pat's outfit ready! 😀
    leksiL