May 2019 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In

2»

Re: STM+ Check In

• Options
    @poshspice sorry to mess with your psyche. I promise it was definitely still recognizable as labor, just a lot more bearable.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    Kind of random...DD is almost 17 months. She steps on her toys all the time and will kind of slip. She also is just clumsy in general, falling all the time. Never off of anything unsafe like the bed, thankfully, just general stuff. She stepped on one of her play kitchen pots this morning and slid (this type of thing happens with a toy 3-4x a week). She then threw an epic tantrum, banging her head on things and pretty inconsolable for about 10 mins. She eventually calmed down and we got her dressed and out the door for daycare. They called about an hour later saying she was walking funny. I told them about her tantrum with some flailing and that maybe she did something then but forgot about her slipping since it's so frequent. Any one experience something like this. They said she's "leaning" to one side. I called back when I remembered but they didn't answer and I have a call for the next hour so if they return mine, I won't chat with them, but I'm curious now if it's the right leg that's the issue.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kvh22 the last time I heard this happening to a mom in my bmb it turned out to be a broken leg. But her son had fallen off something highish at a playground. Might be best to call the pedi and ask if they want to see her? I hope it’s nothing serious! 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 IDK if it's helpful, but anecdotally, when my kiddo had a fracture at around that age, he wouldn't walk on it at all and was pretty upset about it, and the incident that caused it was very very mild (he jumped off of a playground apparatus that was literally like 15 inches off the ground at most).  However, I have also known moms whose kiddos were walking fine and only mildly complaining that ended up having fractures as well, so it really is one of those 'probably better safe than sorry' things that ought to be checked out if she continues to limp. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @poshspice @sleepy33 thanks! I emailed them and they say she seems fine now and not to worry so I'll see what I think when I see her this afternoon.

• Options
    kvh22 said:
    @peachy13 how far apart were the contractions? Mine went from 7 mins to 5 mins after a walk so I called the line to figure out if I should go in. My OB was on call and said to wait until they're 5 mins apart for an hour...then my water broke right after that so we went in right away. I was so nervous about getting sent home and was curious about those who've experienced it.
    @kvh22 my OB also said to wait until they were 5 mins apart for an hour, so when I got to that point, that's when I went in, but I just wasn't dilated enough. They said I could wait it out at the hospital to see if I progressed at all, but they were strongly hinting that I should just go back home and labor there some more. Hospital is only 15 mins from my house so no biggie. I was kind of annoyed but they promised me I would not have the baby at home or anything lol for baby #1. I was also kind of like, "well when do I come back?" and all they could say was "You will know." It was super frustrating but actually they were right. After a horrible night at home, around 10am the next day I was like, yes it's time now. I know. Just stronger contractions and in a lot of pain. Sure enough I went back and was more dilated. Still a ways off from being ready to push, which just goes to show you how slow labor can really be with baby #1. 
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    @poshspice My son would not stay in his room when he started nap-denying. So I would have to sit outside his door and keep putting him back in bed. He is extremely stubborn and these were some of the worst days I can remember with him! (This is probably why his younger brother is still in a crib at 2.5). Even though he stopped napping at 2.5, since then his bedtime has been 7pm and it's not a struggle at all to put him to bed. I hope your daughter is just going through a phase and returns to napping, but just wanted to let you know that it's within the realm of normal for kids that young to stop napping. About the car baby thing: did you have cervical checks in the weeks before you gave birth? If you dilate early like I do, talk to your doctor about when to head to the hospital. With DS2 mine told me to not wait at all once I felt my first contraction and that was good advice.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @peachy13 ahh okay super interesting. I was 5cm when we got to the hospital right after my water broke but it was 8 more hours until DD was born (epidural around midnight, transition at 4am, started pushing at 4:30, born at 6am). I think if I'd gone right when they got to 5 minutes apart, not waited a little longer, I would have been turned away, too.

• Options
    @misskimsue I definitely plan on keeping DD in her crib until at least 3 unless she starts climbing out sooner. She would be up reading books in the dark in the middle of the night if we didn't keep her in the crib! I think my OB started checking my cervix at 37 or 38 weeks. I will definitely ask what to do if it looks like I'm dilated early. That's good advice, thanks! 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @misskimsue I just went back and read yours after @poshspice's response. I literally went from 100% closed, no effacement on Friday morning to labor starting on Saturday morning, baby on Sunday morning, so I think I'm safe. That's good to know. I have definitely heard that it's more common for STMs+ to walk around dilated a couple centimeters before delivery but if you did that with your first, I can absolutely see how you'd progress so fast once you actually feel contractions.

• Options
    @kvh22 Yes, with both my pregnancies I was 4cm dilated for weeks before my due date, and they both went over 40w. First labor was probably still about 8 hours (after all the false labor stuff), second labor 2 hours. I was at hospital within 30 minutes of my first contraction the second birth, and was already 9cm dilated. It is really interesting how different our bodies and birth experiences can be. Even though I dilate early, I've never had my water break outside the hospital and both times it was literally right before I delivered.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @misskimsue that’s exactly how mine was too with ds-I walked around at 4 cm for 3-4 weeks before DS was born at 41 weeks. It will be interesting to see if things go similarly this time or not. 
  • Options
    4 kids. B is 7, K is 5, E is 3  and A is 2. 

B has been struggling with spelling lately. She got a 62% on her test last Thursday. I don't get it, because she did better on the practice test we did at home. I guess we need to practice more. I don't know when though. Our evenings are pretty busy. 
    K is tired. Always tired. To help evenings not be so extremely rushed I've been keeping them up for an hour later. Now bedtime is at 8:30, so its not like she's staying up till midnight. But she's tired and grumpy because she's tired. 

E is doing well. It seems like we've turned a little bit of a corner on the constant defiance that has been her lately. She's started to be very helpful. 

A is very clingy and needy. I'm sure that part of that is because we got a carseat for the baby, and we've been talking about him a lot. She's excited and happy about her baby brother, but I know she senses somethings are changing. I've started to not carry her if its possible for her to walk. It takes us longer to get places, but it's good practice for when I'm too big and uncomfortable to pick her up. 

Rants/Raves? Concerns/Questions?
    How do I still have 16 weeks left! Now that the holidays are over, I just want it to be baby time. 

GTKY: For your previous delivery(ies), how far along were you, were you induced? vaginal or c-section? pain meds or pain med free? Are you planning/hoping for the same or different this time?

With B I was induced at full-term. I was a couple days from my due date. Vaginal delivery with an epidural. 

K I was induced at 35 weeks. I had pre-eclampsia. Vaginal delivery with epidural.

E was a c-section at 39 weeks. She was breech. 

A was a VBAC at 40 weeks. Actually, a couple days before I was due I think. I had an epidural at the end. The doc encouraged me to go as long as possible without one because it would raise the chance of a successful VBAC. 

I'd like this birth to be much like the last one. The last one was pretty great. I might try and do gas and air instead of an epidural though.
  • Options
    LeahKnitsLeahKnits member
    edited January 2019
    @eatinwatermelonseeds
    I think a lot of it is personality. 
    My kids have different natures. B is outgoing and loves to try new things. K is anxious and hesitant about trying new things or meeting new people. They've been raised by the same people, in the same way.