May 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms Week of 1/6 - 1/12

13»

Re: Symptoms Week of 1/6 - 1/12

• Options
    I am really jealous of everyone's hair now. Am I the only one who has to wash it every day? Mine is very straight and fine and it's already full-on greasy the day after washing. I guess it is slightly nicer in these "good months" of pregnancy, but it's hard to get too excited when I know it's going to start falling out again post--partum!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh no does it really @misskimsue?? I swear nobody has told me that yet!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wiseh The hair falling out thing? Yeah, about three months after giving birth to both of my sons. I'm pretty sure it's a common thing and not just because my hair sucks, in this instance.
  • Options
    @wiseh during your pregnancy months,  your body stops shedding hairs as it is saving its energy and resources for baby.  The shedding process will begin again PP. A lot of women freak out because they think that they are shedding so much but it's actually just your body playing catch up from pregnancy.  

• Options
    @misskimsue my hair fell out too. My son is 18 months and it is still kind of happening— I think bc I was pregnant, breastfed for a year, and then got pregnant again.  It’s not noticeable to anyone but me (I hope!!), and I just really notice when in shower or when brushing my hair. Lovely. 
  • Options
    What @expandcontract said, you're not really losing hair, you're just going back to normal. It's annoying, but not the end of the world. I got a little ragey last time because I just kept finding hair all over myself and feeling it on my arms and stuff and it was driving me nuts

• Options
    @wiseh yup, my hair started shedding again at 12 weeks PP on the dot. Your shedding cycles stop during pregnancy, so all the hairs that would have shed during those months start falling out all at once. You’ll really notice it around your face and the nape of your neck. And on your bathroom floor. And in the shower.  :s 
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    My hair shed massively about 3-4 months postpartum as well. It is very long right now, but there's a shorter layer underneath that's only about shoulder length from when I shed after having DD2... I need to get it all cut soon because I can't do three different awkward lengths.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    I have these annoying wispy hairs a few inches in length at my temples that is my PP regrowth from DD2. They often stick out when I throw it up in a top knot (which is 98% of the time) but I've given up caring. Wouldn't you know it, that's the only place I'm also now growing stray white hairs 😒
  • Options
    @imrachellea I have areas in the front of my head where the hair growth has never returned to normal after having kids. I get "wispies" too, and that's also where I got my first stray grey hairs.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh it all makes sense! Now that you say that @expandcontract I actually do notice that my hair isn't coming out when I brush or wash my hair anymore. No wonder its so oily! There's so much more in there than normal! haha. Oh the joys of it all :smiley:

Has anybody else got bright red boobs or just me? When I look closely at the skin it looks like it's covered in tiny little red veins and they're quite warm to touch. 
  • Options
    @wiseh I’ve noticed my aereolas are darker than normal (more of a purplish red) and that they are veinier than normal, but the veins are blue, not red.
  • Options
    @wiseh hey! Sorry for my late reply! This weekend was crazy. I actually didn't end up calling my midwife. I found that if I drank a bunch of water and walked around it would normally go away. So far I haven't had any cramps yesterday or today so I'm hopeful I found a solution. If it happens to you again, try going to a walk, being in motion really helped me. 
  • Options
    Yeah @mrskoz428 my aerolas are a super dark brown. I have several deep blue veins on my boobs too but the rest of the skin is really thin red veins. I think it's like a spider vein type of thing if I an describe it right. Not a rash or anything. I'm sure it's fine but I'll mention it to whichever doctor I see next just to make sure.

Thanks @kaitcrystalline! I'll try going for a walk next time. It's been a few days since I had my last cramping episode too, so hopefully they've passed whatever was causing them. 
  • Options
    @wiseh also,  during the time I was pregnant with DD, I got new hair growth on my sideburns. I didn't even notice it until well after DD was born.  It looked like I had two caterpillars hanging out by my ears.  I never had to wax that area before but now it's a regular thing I have to do.  FML. 

• Options
    Hahah yes @expandcontract I'm also growing some luscious sideburns at the moment!  😂
  • Options
    This was the most recent symptoms link I saw, and I wasn't really sure if I should start a new one so I figured I'd try here.  I am curious how often everyone's feeling kicks now.  I feel like they come and go and when I go a day or two without feeling much I get worried.  A week ago I feel like he was kicking like crazy but this week it doesn't seem as often.  Right now they are more like little taps anyway, nothing too strong yet.  Is this still normal at 24 weeks?
  • Options
    @llhfreedom always feel free to start a new check-in! Sometimes the normal person who starts it just gets busy. It's too early for kick counts, I think (they generally say 28 weeks). Even still, I am feeling baby every day when I sit still in the evenings or lie down for bed. I feel like I missed it a while ago if I wasn't paying attention or couldn't remember if I'd felt them the day before since it was so tiny. No need to worry but sit still, lie down on your side, and have something sweet (I prefer fruit or a vice like ice cream as we don't keep juice around but many recommend juice).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @llhfreedom It is definitely coming and going for me right now. Some days I feel a lot of kicks and other times I don't. I asked my doctor on Monday and she said that at this point baby is still so small that it is perfectly normal to not feel them consistently yet.
  • Options
    Same— some days (esp after ice cream) I feel a ton, but other days just a little here and there.  I’m not going to let myself get too worried until kick counts start. 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @llhfreedom my OB said not to worry about frequency really until third trimester, as long as you're feeling occasional movement. Some of what you feel could have to do with placenta placement as well; I know my OB said that she never felt any movement with her 3 kids before 21ish weeks because of her placenta placement with each one.
    kids with flags