July 2019 Moms
Options

Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8)-Week of 12/24

2»

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8)-Week of 12/24

• Options
    EDD / How far along: 12+6

Baby is the size of: plum

How are you feeling? Oh my gosh so much better. And not worried about it since everything looked great last week in ultrasound. And it might be in my head but I swear I felt a kick - as this is my second pregnancy I wonder if that’s possible.

Rants/Raves: just so happy to start feeling normal again !!!

Questions? Ha sanyone been exercising? I was a huge exerciser but between first tri exhaustion and the virus I had it’s been maybe 2 days a week. Hoping to get back in the swing now

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.  Family already knew at Christmas. My favorite gift is from my husband, dinner out and tickets to a comedy show ❤️
  • Options
    babyginjulybabyginjuly member
    edited December 2018
    @rgn12 At my NT US, baby girls heart beat was 164 and she also didn't move besides her little arms around. The tech said it's because I didn't have a full bladder and it's much easier to get them to turn with a full bladder!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy Thank you for confirming that it’s normal to just feel more chubby! Lol
  • Options
    @Panaceia that is wonderful news!  I am so happy for you.  I just received notice yesterday that the lab received my sample finally, so now I am in that waiting game.  Congratulations on your little girl!

@rgn12 my little one's HB was very similar and s/he was also very stubborn and would not move when the u/s tech tried to push on my belly.  I have had that with other kids too.  Sometimes they are just comfortable in whatever position they are in! 
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy YAY!!! CONGRATS ON HEALTHY BABY GIRL!!! I did the Sneakpeek test and it came back girl but I won't believe it 100% until US.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! @indulgentgypsy
  • Options
    Thanks @babyginjuly and @xtinecatherine! It makes me feel better to know that others have had similar experiences! ❤️
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy YAY YAY YAY!!! To both the low risk AND the girl:) Girls are lovely. DD was the first girl after 15 boys born to our family. Awww. I think your boys will LOVE having a little sister:)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Panaceia I was prepared for a boy, I have 2 plus a 26yr old step son. I was sure DH only made boys, but I have been dreaming of him with a girl. Plus my youngest has been asking for a baby sister since he was 3. He has told us he HAS a baby sister and has just been waiting for her.

And to he sure they will definitely love having a sister. She will be the most loved, protected, bad and little girl around!
  • Options

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: just changed to June 28 after dating ultrasound, previously July 4.

Baby is the size of a(n): orange

Upcoming Appointments: January 4. Just had the official dating and NT ultrasound.

How are you feeling?: Feeling pretty good. Still tired but not as bad and the waves of nausea are fewer and farther between. Headaches have syatted but I started magnesium and that seems to help.

Rants/Raves: my MIL expecting to just move in the week the baby is due. No. I'm not into that. dh doesn't get that once I have the kid I'll basically be topless while trying to get BFing down that I don't want ANYONE in our home, especially not staying in our home for a while. He thinks I'm being rude expecting someone to stay in a hotel. IDGAF.

Questions: Anyone using a pregnancy pillow yet? I have an old body pillow (long and straight) that I used for the first time last night and it helped with some aches and pains. I probably would have benefited from one before pregnancy 🤣🤣

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.

We made stockings for our parents and 2 siblings to open that said "Baby Smith Coming July 4, 2019" Everyone was surprised and even told us 'they gve up hope of us ever having kids'  so there's that after being married for 6.5 years without kids.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama I don't have a pregnancy pillow but my back and hips have been killing me and I need something to help me to NOT sleep on my back at night so I was thinking of ordering one. Any recommendations?
  • Options
    @Panaceia I used the snoogle with my daughter and it was a lifesaver! Little pricey but worth every penny. 
  • Options
    I keep forgetting that I haven’t posted my checkin this week! Too into reading what all of you are up to, I guess 😄
    EDD / How far along 13w3d, July 4

Baby is the size of: a jalapeño (a couple weeks ago, it was the size of a plum, which to me is bigger than a jalapeño. Clearly, I don’t understand this food/baby measurement scale)

How are you feeling? Starting to feel better, nausea-wise, and I’m starting to be able to eat real adult food again! Mentally, it’s still rough, but I am looking into seeing a therapist after the new year. 

Rants/Raves: found out it’s a girl, and low-risk everything!!!

Questions? Nope, but I’ll respond to @anomasqrl : yes, I’ve been able to keep up with my running each morning (albeit at a slower pace), except when I have a migraine (which happens a few times a month). I haven’t been tired as much as nauseated, and being out in the somewhat cooler morning air and moving around helps me with that. 

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.  
    No, we started telling people a few days after my positive pregnancy test, so most people know already. I’m still debating whether/what kind of announcement to make on social media. 
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama I got two pregnancy pillows for Christmas and they are HEAVEN!!!
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama, I got one for Christmas and it’s the most amazing thing ever. And will stay on my bed after this baby comes. 
  • Options
    Thank you @mrscammack :) Off to amazon to look for one now!
  • Options
    Panaceia said:
    @firecracker_mama I don't have a pregnancy pillow but my back and hips have been killing me and I need something to help me to NOT sleep on my back at night so I was thinking of ordering one. Any recommendations?
    Not really. I'm using a body pillow I had in college yearssssss ago 😹. I think I got it from Target or some place similar. I have seen the giant pregnancy pillow that destination maternity has but my husband wouldn't fit in our bed if I had that thing in there!
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    @Panaceia, my H got me the Queen Rose one and its pretty great. At least so far.