July 2019 Moms
Options

Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8)-Week of 12/24

edited December 2018 in July 2019 Moms
I didn't see a check in, so I thought I would get it started. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/2, 13 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Upcoming Appointments: I was not able to set up my next one, but will call tomorrow to get that going.  Will likely be third week January.   

How are you feeling?: Feeling great.  Lots more energy.  Nausea still comes and goes a bit, but definitely waning.  No more run over by mack truck exhaustion.  Still hating the sinus issues that never go away. 

Rants/Raves: Told my kids today that we were expecting and my 14 year old DD started crying saying that she likes our family the way it is.  I felt awful and that I basically ruined Christmas.  Thankfully she is coming around now. 

Questions: None right now. 

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.  I wore a shirt that said "Guess Who's Coming To Town?" with a Santa hat where baby is in my stomach and NO ONE figured anything out (even adults).  Then we told the kids that the elf bought us a new ornament.  It had seven little reindeer and each was labeled with a name except for one.  They all thought the unnamed reindeer was our dog.  LOL.  Sigh. . . So then I had to get them to figure out what it was by having them guess and telling them straight up it is not a dog or our elf.   They finally figured it out, but it really makes me feel entirely ancient that the possibility of me being pregnant is that far off.  My oldest son who is almost 16 said he did not even think it was possible at my age.  Geez!  We still have yet to actually tell the other relatives as no one figured out the shirt and everything was crazy.  Since the kids did not exactly take the news as expected, I wanted to give them time before we told everyone else.  So now we have to work that out.   Plus, telling DH's family is hard as his older sister was never able to conceive, so I feel awful every time we do announce a pregnancy. 

Re: Group 1 Check In (7/1-7/8)-Week of 12/24

• Options
    EDD / How far along 

Baby is the size of:

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves:

Questions?

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.  

• Options
    EDD / How far along 7/8 12w1d 

Baby is the size of: a lime

How are you feeling? Better every day which messes with my PGAL brain.

Rants/Raves: Waiting for my appointment in 2 days. And rant, fucking PISSED that the check I've been waiting on for a MONTH still hasn't arrived. Basically ruined our Christmas plans due to extreme lack of money.

Questions? Any other PGAL mommies starting to feel better?

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.  

Won't announce until after my next appointment with the hope that my NIPT results are in and good. My husband got me a beautiful Celtic Tree of Life Oija board / altar table that was unfortunately cracked during shipping but not noticed until I opened it this morning. Hopefully we can get it replaced or fixed. He also got me a new Chromebook, which is awesome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD / How far along 7/6, 12+2

Baby is the size of: kit kat. 

How are you feeling? Awful again. Lost my breakfast this morning and have had a rough day. Which makes me sad. 

Rants/Raves: I’m just sick of feeling like crap. Especially on special days with my fam. My birthday is Friday and I literally can’t think of anything I want to do. 

Questions?

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.  Yep. We told our son, my parents and my other best friend. We did the Big. bro. Shirt and that was fun. Great reactions all around. Everyone knows what a struggle this has been so the joy was incredible. 
  • Options
    EDD / How far along: 7/7 12 weeks 2 days

Baby is the size of: Apricot

How are you feeling? So tired and also like my food aversions have gotten worse.

Rants/Raves: this may seem so silly but I don’t know what I should be doing as far as dressing for work since I’m in that in between phase and they don’t know yet. I’m not big enough for maternity clothes yet, but my pants and some of my shirts look like I’m trying to squeeze into a size that doesn’t fit. I probably need to order a few items in a larger size for now.

Questions? Has anyone started thinking about in room sleep options?im between a bassinet and a mini crib for our bedroom until bean transitions to their nursery where they would have their full size convertible crib and other furniture. Just not sure which in room sleep option makes sense.

My husband got excited and broke out the US pictures from our 9 week appointment while I was prepping the food. So he excitedly announced it to his family kind of without me. Kind of pist, kind of cute how excited he was.
  • Options
    EDD / How far along 
    July 8th, 12+1

Baby is the size of:
    Plum

How are you feeling?
    Better (*knock on wood*). Still waves of nausea and feeling unsettled, but I’ve been able to actually eat more this past week.

Rants/Raves:
    Nervous about NT Scan, but trying to stay hopeful! This whole thing is just nerve racking. I don’t see how you could be excited about it, besides seeing the little peanut again!

Questions?
    Not right now. 

I did. Everyone in the family now knows. It was a touch anti-climactic today with the last few family people, but overall went well. We also last minute decided to announce on social media today for Christmas. We had a picture taken of us and our two dogs, and it said “Mom and Dad are getting me a HUMAN.” We’re getting great feedback and support from friends. Parents and hubby had a point that so many people now know that it will be tough to take back regardless if something bad happens. Praying for a good u/s on Thursday and a continuing healthy pregnancy. 🙏🏻
  • Options
    EDD / How far along: 13 weeks 

Baby is the size of: a scoop of ice cream

How are you feeling? Eh

Rants/Raves: everything hurts, my abdominal muscles are sore. My boobs are aching something fierce and the upper back pain is almost unbearable. Doing some stretching to help ease the pain, but man. 

Questions? None

Every year my uncle dresses up as santa for all the younger kids and gives them a gift. We put a gift in his bag for my parents with a onesie that read “handpicked for earth by my big brother in heaven.” Tears were shed, words were said, and we were met with a mix of emotions because my last labor and delivery was pretty traumatic. Overall people are happy for us. We expected this reaction though, we had a similar reaction. My favorite gift is my new aiwa arc-1 headphones my hubby bought me. My beats quit working on me a few months ago and would’ve cost more to have them fixed than what we paid for them. I’m one happy momma listening to my music and reading my new books in peace.
  • Options
    EDD / weeks + days: 7/7 12+2 

Baby is the size of a plum

How are you feeling? Not bad, still lots of good aversions/craving garbage and fast food, nothing I would normally eat sounds appealing to me lately. Occasional nausea still but mostly good. 

Rants/Raves: I guess my rant would be that I’m nervous about my ultrasound Friday, I’m starting to get excited to tell DD but I’m so nervous the scan won’t be good and we don’t be able to tell her. Rave is my sex drive is finally back, after a 2 month dry spell, because the thought of being touched made me sick, I have a very happy husband tonight lol  

Questions: none 

GTKY: 

everyone basically knows but we’re announcing on social media on New Years which I’m excited for. Hubby wore his new “take it easy on me my wife is pregnant” shirt today which everyone got a kick out of. My favourite gift would have to be a maternity tee my mom got me with a little bear that says “baby” on the belly. 
  • Options
    EDD / How far along: 7/1, 13+2

Baby is the size of: large macaron

How are you feeling? Still underlying nausea constantly but surprisingly not quite as bad as before. I was able to eat...quite a bit...the past 2 days. Which will hopefully show a nice gain at the doctor tomorrow. Of course today I feel like dirt. But I haven't thrown up in 2 days so Yay! 

Rants/Raves: Still just annoyed about my NIPT results not getting to me. I should have had them last week which would have made me feel so much better over Xmas knowing whether baby is ok. But a least I'll get them tomorrow morning at my appointment. 

Questions?

We don't exchange gifts. Only DD gets gifts bur watching her open them is the best gift ever:) I told MIL by showing her my 11+1 week US pic and having her figure out what it was. I told her not to tell anyone yet because I'm still not confident but I wanted her to know. She was happy but worried. We've been through a lot to get here.
  • Options
    @indulgentgypsy I was actually just thinking how I feel so much less deathlike than I have for months. It is definitely messing with my PGAL mind but on the other hand I'm thinking maybe I'll luck out and might not end up with HG afterall. Of course now that I've typed this I think I have to go throw up...
  • Options
    @thycapanj With DD I went right to crib...which I found terrible after a CS only because of the pain of having to get up and walk across the room until the CS healed (at which point I was bed sharing with her anyways).

With this one I can't bed share for a while because I still bed share with DD.  Also I will be having a RCS so I'm definitely going bassinet to start. Once the nerves start to heal from the CS I'll switch to a crib, but not having to get out of bed MOTN to get baby will be a life saver for me. 
  • Options

@Panaceia did your DD do okay in the crib right away? I too am going back and forth between getting a bassinet or a crib right away...

EDD / How far along: 12+ 3 EDD 7/7

Baby is the size of: KIWI

How are you feeling? A little better every single day, more like a human

Rants/Raves: I got to see baby move around during the NT US, such a miraculous experience!! I can't wait until I start to feel her.

Questions?

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.  No announcements yet, we're thinking after the new year. DH and I don't exchange gifts but we celebrate 'xmas' with his family on NYE and this year we're doing secret santa for the adults so we'll see how that goes :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Panaceia, are you worried about newborn sleep and bedsharing at all? My son comes in every morning and snuggles/sleeps a little more. And I want him to be able to keep doing that but might not want the disruption for me or the babe... 
  • Options
    @babyginjuly DD was a magical sleep unicorn for the first 6 months. She slept beautifully in the crib. Absolutely no issues at all. The only reason I'm not going to start in the crib this time is because I found it hard last time getting up and down for the first few weeks after the CS. Honestly she would have STTN right from day 1 but I had to wake her to feed as she lost a large percentage of her birth weight the first week and we needed her to catch up. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with starting off in the crib. I also wanted to start her in the crib because I didn't want to have to change her sleep routine down the road if I didn't have to. That being said once she turned 6 months old she refused to sleep in the crib. Actually she refused to sleep at all. That's when I started bed sharing (she didn't STTN again until she was almost 4 years old). I plan on transitioning to the crib as soon as I'm healed from the CS this time.
  • Options
    @Happyin14 I was really worried about that initially. Luckily DD has become a super sound sleeper and if she wakes up she goes right back to sleep. I don't think either of us lose sleep now due to the other one. My biggest concern now is when DD is sick (she can have super miserable/loud nights if she is stuffed up or has a cough) which I'm worried will keep baby up. She also likes to talk in the mornings when she gets up. I figure I and baby will have to get up with her anyways to get her ready and take her to school so it will likely just become part of the routine. My plan right now is to get baby used to napping and sleeping in noisy/bright/etc environments so that hopefully DD's routine won't affect baby too much. I'm really just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best:/
  • Options
    @Panaceia thanks for sharing! that's exactly why I was thinking of starting crib right away.. that sucks about DD not STTN :(
  • Options
    EDD / How far along July 8 (12+2)

Baby is the size of: clementine

How are you feeling? Not too bad.  Still exhausted all the time but other than that i'm pretty good.

Rants/Raves:  We had a scare today.  12 week appointment and they couldn't find the heartbeat.  4 different people tried before they sent me for an ultrasound.  Baby was fine and it was great to get to see baby.  We saw little hands and feet and legs and baby was laying so nicely.  

I do kind of have a complaint.  They told me at the beginning of my appointment that my urine was positive for group b strep or whatever the heck that is and said the PA I was seeing would talk to me about it but with all the trouble finding the heartbeat we didn't get to discuss it and I totally forgot about it until I was home so now i've gotta google and wait until my next appointment.  

Questions?  No questions unless anyone else has been in a similar situation with the positive urine for that?!

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.  We did.  We pretty much told all our family.  No social media announcement yet.  I wanted to wait until our scan next week.  Mostly everyone was excited.  Some didn't really have a reaction... guess thats what happens with third babies? LOL 
  • Options
    I was supposed to be 13 weeks tomorrow (due July 4, LMP 9/27) but we went for our NT ultrasound and I measured 13+5 so I'm technically a June 28 due date now. I'm going to stick to the July board because my period is so regular and I'm not convinced it won't change a bit later on? 🤷‍♀️
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama Stick around here! If it makes you feel better I'm measuring late June as well and will be delivering via RCS sometime around June 23rd...but they only moved my EDD up to July 1st so I'm sticking around here too:) I feel closer developmentally to this board anyways.
  • Options
    I’ll also deliver end of June because of a CS date. So you’ll be in good company, @firecracker_mama
  • Options
    @pai314 I've never heard of them testing for GBS until the third tri and it's usually a swab of the area. I didn't know they looked for it now? Weird. 

Anyway, I was GBS+ for DD and it's very common. You just get two rounds of antibiotics before you deliver and it protects the baby. The bacteria is really common and pretty harmless to you. 
  • Options
    EDD / How far along: 7/5 12w 5D

Baby is the size of: plum

How are you feeling? I was feeling better until my kids got me sick. Thanks for coughing in my mouth kid.

GTKY: Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas? Nope. We were planning on telling family. Then my 17yo cousin asked me if I thought I would have anymore kids and I just replied with ”Yeah, in July”. 😂 she thought I was lying to her for a good 5 minutes, lol.
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama I will also deliver in June as my midwife said they will not let me go past 39 weeks.  I am still hanging tight here in July. :)
  • Options
    @pai314 I recall the Group B strep test being a vaginal swab that is done in the 3rd trimester.  They will test urine for sugars, ketones, proteins and bacteria.  So I would suspect your urine had one of those.  
  • Options
    @Bear14+  @xtinecatherine

I never knew it could be tested through urine either, I remember it as the swab from previous pregnancies!  But from further research on the internet last night it seems that it actually can be detected in urine and I had to do a urine sample with my blood work a few weeks ago.  

From what I read sometimes they will give you an antibiotic now and other times they just do the antibiotic during labor/delivery so not sure what they will do for me.  I think I will give them a call to see what they say since it got overlooked yesterday.
  • Options
    EDD / How far along: July 8 / 12+2

Baby is the size of a: Plum

How are you feeling? Felt great over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day when we were on vacation at the beach (maybe the fresh air helped?), but we got home last night and I've felt meh and uncomfortable. Tiredness and food aversions returned today, too. Boo. Otherwise, I do feel like I have slightly more energy. Or maybe it's my imagination because a nap sounds great right now.

Rants/Raves: Just keeping my MIL off DH's back because she wants to start telling people. It's their first grandchild, so I get she's excited, but being PGAL earlier this year and only being 12+2, DH and I are cautiously optimistic and don't want to tell anyone more than our parents and my sister until after our second appointment in early January. And even then, I'm not sure we'll post anything publicly or of FB. If we did that, maybe February, but we'll see.

Questions? Nope!

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.  No big announcement since it was just DH and me celebrating Christmas together (we don't travel back to our home state for Christmas). Our parents already know, and I talked to my sister yesterday and told her. Again, cautious optimism after a loss. Favorite gift: a Garmin!
  • Options
    EDD / How far along: July 2 /13 weeks 2 days 

Baby is the size of: lemon

How are you feeling? I have been so sick since about week 7. I woke up Christmas Day feeling actually pretty good so I was hoping it was a turning point. Not so much. Woke up this morning and got sick again :( 

Rants/Raves: we had family over for Christmas including my in laws. I love them but my mother in law keeps touching my stomach without asking! I don’t really have a noticeable bump yet and even if I did it makes me extremely uncomfortable! My husband said something to her the last time we saw them a few weeks ago but she doesn’t seem to get it. I feel awkward saying anything since it’s not my mom but I feel like I’m going to lose it if she keeps doing it! 

Questions? Those of you with morning sickeness (or all day sickness) have you had any relief yet? If you did, was it a suddenly stop of feeling horrible or was it a gradual feeling to feeling better? 

We were exactly 13 weeks on Christmas Day! Our families already knew as well as close friends. We made a social media announcement since we had an appointment last week and everything looked great! People have been super supportive! We took a picture with our German Shepherd with him wearing “I’m going to be a big brother” shirt. 
  • Options
    Appointment today went well. Fundal height measuring right on point, midwife found the heartbeat with only a little searching (156!) And we could hear the mouse swimming and bouncing around. 

Downside,  NIPT still not back as they got backed up over the holidays,  and I'm still on pelvic rest for the unexplained bleeding until I'm firmly and safely in the 2nd trimester - so 2-4 weeks :( I miss having sex with my husband!

Other random update, my missing check FINALLY arrived and we have some breathing room. 
  • Options
    @pai314 anything is possible and I am clearly not a doctor. I had to do a urine sample with my blood work at my 12 week appointment and on my exit paperwork it said what it tested for and Group B was not one of them.  However, every OB does things differently.  Maybe check your paperwork to see if it says anything on it.  Mine will say every test and/or procedure that was done and results if they have them.  Otherwise, I would definitely ask at my next appointment, but it sounds like you are planning on doing that.  

@indulgentgypsy sounds like everything went well!  My NIPT is also delayed due to the holidays.  I took the test on Friday and I just got the email today that my sample arrived. It is definitely stressful, so I feel your pain! 
  • Options
    @sarahtram2018 I also felt better on Xmas day and even yesterday wasn't too bad. But I woke up vomiting this morning and have felt like dirt all day again today  (I'm 13+3). It never got better for me with DD and I imagine this time will be the same...so I have no advice. I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • Options
    @Panaceia yay!! I was just thinking about you and if you got your results back! congrats on the little girl <3
  • Options
    My NT scan results came back within normal range, waiting on the bloodwork portion. Trying to be a little more optimistic now! I was struggling with anxiety before the scan. Heart rate was 155 on the ultrasound. Baby wouldn’t move when the technician pushed around on my stomach. She didn’t seem worried, but it kind of freaked me out! 
  • Options
    @Panaceia Yay! So glad everything came back low risk and you’re stoked about having another little girl!
  • Options
    @Panaceia that’s so great to hear! And a little girl is wonderful news how exciting that your DD will have a sister! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone:) I am feeling so much better now that the NIPT results came back with such good results. And I can't wait to get to reuse all DD's clothes:) I'm so glad she is going to have a sister...especially since she told me if I ever brought a baby boy home she would put it on the porch and lock the door:/ I swear she's a sweet heart underneath her hate of all things baby.
  • Options

Questions? Those of you with morning sickeness (or all day sickness) have you had any relief yet? If you did, was it a suddenly stop of feeling horrible or was it a gradual feeling to feeling better? 
    For me, it’s been a gradual slope to feeling better. It’s not 100% over, and sometimes it sneaks up on me a bit, but I’ve got my techniques down to mitigate it quickly. I always have a few portable snacks handy, and I know that if I pop a ginger candy into my mouth right away, I’ve bought myself some more time to get one of my proven safe snacks into my system. 

I think my biggest turnaround point was when I had figured out my hydration issues. As soon as I was able to regularly meet my liquid goals, I’ve felt significantly more human. My care team told me that (with obvious exceptions), the food and the liquid that I can keep down is the best kind, so I stopped worrying as much about my pure water intake and my exact nutritional balance. I focused more on what was making me feel well. 

I’m not sure how helpful all this will be, but I hope you all start feeling improvement too! Whenever I have been feeling badly, I try to remember why I’m feeling this way... trying to grow a tiny human is hard work 💛 
  • Options
    Gah. I can't even begin to describe how nauseous I've been the past 2 days. I was hoping it had at least levelled out since I didn't feel terrible over Xmas...but today every time I get up I have to throw up. 
  • Options
    EDD / How far along: 12+3

Baby is the size of: Plum

How are you feeling? Physically getting better, except for this horrible head cold I have right now.

Rants/Raves: I’m not loving this period of pregnancy. I’m waiting for NIPT results and can’t help but worry. Can’t feel the baby yet so more worrying!

Questions? Does anyone else NOT have a bump? I’m a size 16 but I’m jealous looking at the bumps starting!

GTKY:  Did you make any big pregnancy announcements on Christmas?  What did you do and how did it go?  If not, what was your favorite gift.  We are waiting for NIPT results to share with the world but our family knows. My favorite gift was definitely a paid for babymoon my mom
  • Options
    @literatureandink I'm a size 16 too and definitely just fatter, no real bump :(