August 2019 Moms
Options

Monday B*fest, Christmas Eve Edition

Just because it's holly jolly up in here doesn't mean there isn't something you need to get off your chest.

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest, Christmas Eve Edition

• Options
    Update on the BD drama:  He lied to his mother and sister, saying that he wants to be involved in our child's life, but I won't let him. This after he's blocked me on all social media and he continues to ignore my efforts to contact him *rolls eyes*

In response, I sent his sister screenshots of the conversation where he said he didn't want me to keep him updated about doctor appointments, etc.

I'm so grateful for this child, but I really wish it had a different father.
  • Options
    I skipped visiting Santa this year because I didn’t think my 2.5 year old would care and I WAS SO VERY WRONG 😂 She has not stopped taliking about Christmas since she was in the Nutcracker last week and asked to visit Santa (also blaming MIL for this lol)

So, now I’m about to spend my Christmas Eve taking her to Macy’s in Manhattan because it was the only day in the past week that they had any appointments. Shouldn’t be stressful at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had to have DH run to target because I realized we are almost out of diapers. So he is now entering the target Christmas Eve crazy for diapers. And batteries for all the new battery operated toys. 

Also, I hate the stage where I'm super bloated & just look like I ate too many burritos. Once you get to the actual baby bump stage I just feel so much better about life in general. The B*fest portion of this is that apparently for baby #2 the "ate too many burritos" phase apparently starts immediately. None of my pants fit. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I'm getting to that point already at 6 weeks and I hate it. This is my third and I already look big. Of course, I am currently the same weight I was when I delivered my second kid, so that doesn't help. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    TwinkiedollTwinkiedoll member
    edited December 2018
    @WinchesterGirl , I'm super bloated all the time for this second pregnancy too.  Thank goodness for elastic waists.

My MBF is that my in laws will undermine my parenting to get DD to love them.  Today's issue is that they know I don't let her play with ipads or iphones much.  So when they get a hold of her, they just let her watch their ipad with them for hours at a time.  Or when my MIL tells DD that "I want to give you this candy.  But you have to ask mom if you can have it.  If she says yes, then I'll give it to you because I love to be the one to give you things."  Way to make me the bad guy, lady.  
  • Options
    @Twinkiedoll that would make me insane. That is not okay.

Theres going to be so many pictures because it’s Christmas and I have huge pimples on my face from these damn hormones. Also bloat.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The sweater my MIL got me for Christmas looks like a fucking shag rug. I feel so bad but just no. I cannot do this. Everyone is irritating me right now. Halp. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @suzycupcake I feel your pain....a shag carpet?! I went to bed early after food and presents because I felt disgusting, and my mom was driving me nuts. "How can you be tired after you slept all day?" " That's really all you're going to eat?"

She means well, but the first trimester was a very long time ago for her, and it shows. Here's to not verbally murdering well-meaning relatives today!
  • Options
    @suzycupcake I think we need a photo of this sweater. Just sayin'. 
  • Options
    My MBF (now tuesday) is that I forgot how much my MIL drives me insane when I’m pregnant. She’s obsessed with grandkids, particularly when they’re babies. She and FIL live close to us so we see them often and every time she sees me she asks how I’m feeling. Which is nice, but it gets annoying because it’s the same: I’m barfy and tired. Then she always acts surprised that I’m still nauseated. Like dude, I’m only 7 weeks pregnant. This ish ain’t going anywhere for a MINIMUM of 6 weeks. This is our third kid, so I know how my body rolls. LAWD.
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @runningisrad I hate when people act shocked you're still sick. Of all the people in this situation, don't you think I'd be the most likely to want to stop puking?
  • Options
    @runningisrad I had awful MS up to my third trimester with both my girls. Everyone knew. Everything made me queazy. I projectile vomited all over my mom's car once. We told my inlaws today and my MIL says, "Oh. Yeah? Are you puking? *Yes.* Oh wow, REALLY?" 🙄
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runningisrad. Yess my mil asks me the same questions a few times a week as if this tri is only a few days long. Drives me nuts. Nothing is new. I still feel sick. And no there’s still nothing you can do.  It’s nice and caring but talking makes me nauseous so... it’s also annoying. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• Options
    My late b*fest is that my SIL cancelled plans for a visit after I had already made special trips to buy presents and food for their visit. Her reason for cancelling didn't make much sense and this isn't the first time she's flaked out on visiting us. Me and my raging hormones were super annoyed.
  • Options
    @moon1417 word. I am incredibly fortunate because my MIL is sweet and caring and amazing, but she is also VERY overbearing and can be super pesty. I love her but these pregnancy hormones makes my patience real thin
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

• Options
    We announced to family only (separately) over Christmas because our entire families were in town/state. This was our best chance to get them under one roof at the same time. My family was, of course, ecstatic and over-joyed. They have been with each of my 3 pregnancies. DH’s family’s reaction on the other hand was a sh#% show. My SIL all but suggested that we terminate and MIL mentioned that if the baby had any diseases, like “Down syndrome”, that she would abort (I’m 38 so higher risk)? Seriously?! We are married, doing well, and I know they love me so I’m just at a loss. I’m so hurt that I have 0 desire to keep them updated during this pregnancy. I don’t want the negativity. This is baby #3 and our last so it was really important to us. They had a crappy reaction to our first son too. Although, that was because we weren’t married at the time....still inexcusable though. They are 1 for 3 for acceptable reactions to baby news. I feel hurt and I feel for DH.

• Options
    @boymom312 I'm so sorry your family was crappy about baby #3. Part of mine was crappy too, and I suspect it's because I'm unmarried. It's so unnecessary, and so unfair. Babies are blessings, and deserve to be viewed as such