March 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms 12/24

Me: 30 DH: 31
Married: 2012
BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed

Re: Randoms 12/24

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds so cool!! I am sure they will be in awe of how big those boxes must be!
    I am not wrapping the kitchen or a dinosaur toy (the only two things she consistently said she wanted from Santa) but everything else will be. Plus by the time we get it assembled tonight we may not have the energy left to wrap lol! 
    I went to hallmark for the first time this season, their selection is amazing! I had a hard time restraining myself too. :mrgreen:
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    Not really looking forward to Christmas this year. Yesterday we had Christmas at my parent’s house and I started the day with a headache and ended it with lotion from Victoria’s Secret?? and a throw blanket. Today DH decided to go to the office and said he hadn’t gotten my presents yet. Surprise, surprise! Tomorrow we go to my IL’s house and they drive me nuts! But I am looking forward to DD opening her presents tomorrow morning! 

@mamakate1616 I bet she will be so excited! DD got a kitchen from my parents when she was 2. My mom wrapped it all up and it was so fun to watch her unwrap that thing! 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    I think I’ve decided that Santa doesn’t wrap gifts. I got some cute bags that a friend made that Santa will deliver presents in. We didn’t wrap DD1’s kitchen last year and it’s fun for them to see them in front of the tree.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Pooka8Pooka8 member
    edited December 2018
    My ILs fly in today.  Originally we were told they'd arrive at 6pm... Now it's been  bumped to almost 10pm.  So much for any christmas eve celebration.  I bought everything to make cookies with my girls today ... And now our oven is dead.  My husband got a bug up his butt to re-season a cast iron pan instead of prepare for his parents... And I woke up to learn that it somehow killed our oven.  Thank goodness for the instant pot and store bought cookies for Santa, I guess.

@meggyme Santa stopped wrapping presents here too.  It's too much hassle to hide the Santa paper  after imo. We just do one small Santa gift though.  This year it's hairdorables. 

• Options
    Just curious.. if your home does not have a chimney and fireplace, what do you tell your kids for how Santa gets into the house?
  • Options
    All your LO's Christmas's sound like so much fun!!! FTM here so excited for next year already. 

@meggyme I also didn't wrap anything...they are all stuffed in bags as well! In my head I like the idea of being able to reuse the bags for later. So I'm thankful when people give me gift bags. 

@mayoduck Santa has magic and can sneak in the front door I'd assume or whatever is closest to the tree :) 

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    For those of you who don’t wrap Santa’s gifts...that was my experience as a child and I loved it! Somehow it just made it seem more magical (and realistic because clearly Santa didn’t have time to wrap millions of presents lol). I’m excited hearing about what you’ve all got planned for your LOs and like  @kristimh80, I’m looking forward to starting my own Santa traditions next year!

As for this year, I had the genius idea of inviting the in-laws over. One day into their 2 week stay and I’m already finding excuses to go hide in my room lol. They were just here for two weeks in August, WTH was I thinking 🙄🤦🏽‍♀️. I’m starting to think I create unpleasant situations so I have something to complain about 🤪
  • Options
    @mayoduck We’ve been able to avoid Santa for 5 years so when DD brought it up this year I asked her how he gets in our house because we don’t have a fireplace or chimney. She just told me he comes through the front door, followed by a “duh mom!”. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @navete Hide in your room and chat to us! It happens, even with those we really love...some times you just need some "me time"! :)

@Lbloom Merry Christmas!! I love your outlook on everything! I hope your little boy is doing well! <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Lbloom I needed that. I’ve been having such a pity party for myself, but you’re right it could be much, much worse. Merry Christmas everyone.
  • Options
    @Lbloom Thanks for the reminder and perspective! Merry Christmas to you, your girls, and your little miracle! 

We had planned to have “Christmas” with my in-laws yesterday becuase my SIL would only be in town until today. I am sick as a dog, but we still managed to have a great time, and a super yummy Christmas dinner. My daughter had a blast. We were planning to stay through Christmas Day, but I am feeling so terrible we went home today. Thinking that the real Christmas is going to be very quiet at our house while I recover from this mess m. Maybe some movies and leftover “Christmas” dinner. 
  • Options
    @navete - oh, I hear you, lady. I always think, "Oh, I'll be fine for a few days." they're literally here a day and a half and I'm already internally like "get out of my house." My MIL likes to stay for a week at a time. :disappointed: Thankfully they're not with us for Christmas. I do okay for the typical 2-3 days we stay with them, but my house and my routine, especially now that I'm pregnant, I just can't deal with having a bunch of people around. FX for a good visit! And come bump when they drive you nuts. :tongue: I don't know how you handle 2 weeks at a time! 

@maggiemadeit - oh, no! Feel better soon! FTR, that sounds like a terrific Christmas. We're planning a low-key day of holiday movies, presents/stockings, and a nice dinner. 

@meggyme - I have no intention of wrapping Santa gifts next year. I plan to leave everything out in the open or get a toy sack with his name on it for the Santa loot. :) I think the bag idea is super cute! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Merry Christmas ladies!!! 

We're having a very lowkey Christmas at home. DH took DS to the center of the city to see the tree and ride the carousel, which gave me the chance to vacuum, mop, and clean a bit around the house. Now I'm waiting for DS to finally fall asleep for his nap so that I can go rake the fallen branches in the backyard... Perfect Christmas Eve, lol!
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited December 2018
    I'm supposed to be cleaning, but I'm lolling on the couch feeling tired and slightly achy. I should really be taking advantage of D napping. We're hosting tomorrow, and the house is a mess. 

We don't do Santa, so it doesn't matter where he comes in or out or anything. All the gifts have labels that say "to so-and-so, from Mom and Dad" or whatever. 

I LOOOOOVE wrapping presents. It's so much fun. I even wrapped some of my mom's gifts for her that she had shipped to me! UO here, but I hate gift bags. I think they're so lame! I like the fun of a wrapped gift and ripping off the paper. I don't tell people that, of course, and get plenty of gifts in bags. But yea, I think they're lame! I do regift in them so they're not being wasted. I usually wrap and tape the gift in tissue paper within the bag, though, so the recipient actually gets to unwrap and not just pull the tissue apart. 
  • Options
    Wishing all you lovely ladies a very merry Christmas! 
    It’s been a wonderfully busy day with my parents, DS and DH. Not perfect, but wonderful! 
  • Options
    Merry Christmas, all! MiL gave DD1 the most ridiculous party bus toy tonight and i will probably take a hammer to it tomorrow but otherwise a good day!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!  I’m excited for both kids to open their gifts tomorrow. They are finally at an age where they know what’s coming and are excited about it (2 and 4). Otherwise we are having a low key day at home by ourselves.

I’ve been battling either the flu or some flu like virus for 4 days now so I’m really hoping to sleep well and feel better tomorrow 🤞 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Congrats @abbykwail !
  • Options
    @abbykwail congrats on the new job opportunity! 
  • Options
    Aah! Thank you, @navete @meggyme and @ashley14598! I sign the contract and start the 1-2 week training on Thursday. While I love working for myself, it will also be really nice to have a paycheck again! 
  • Options
    Congrats, @abbykwail. What great news to get on Christmas Day!
  • Options
    @abbykwail Congratulations!! Happy for you!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Hope all you ladies had a very Merry Christmas!
    I was down & out with a one-day flu-like bug on Christmas Eve which totally sucked but DH was a total saint who not only drove my sick self 2 1/2 hours home from my parent's house so I could sleep at all day, but cleaned the house up, took care of DD, and played Santa for us. Yesterday I was back to myself and we had a nice family day at home opening presents, watching Christmas movies, and went on a 2 mile walk since it was 45 degrees in Wisconsin! Now we have a busy weekend ahead of us as we "rescheduled" Christmas with both sets of my grandparents for this coming Sunday...good thing I have next Monday & Tuesday off to recover all over again ;)
  • Options
    Congrats @abbykwail!
    Sorry you were sick @HoneyBear40, me and DD have come down with something too but hopefully not severe enough I’ll need to break out the f word! 
    @zionsmama85 I am pretty sure I have something else hidden somewhere that we will come across at some point  :D
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 Sorry you were sick but it’s nice to hear that your hubby nursed you well and you still enjoyed your holiday. We still have Christmas to come with my family this Saturday too. I’m definitely looking forward to it but it’s nice to have some down time first. 

@zionsmama85 sounds like everyone had a great time!

AFM I have eaten cinnamon bread today and chips with ketchup ... I need to get it together before this 3 hour glucose test on Friday... 
  • Options
    HoneyBear40HoneyBear40 member
    edited December 2018
    @mamakate1616 & @ashley14598 thanks, it made for a crappy Christmas Eve and will be a busy weekend coming up now but it was actually really nice to have a low-key Christmas Day. I don't know if the f word is the right descriptor because I had the same thing happen right before Thanksgiving and I had a flu shot this year? It lasted longer this time but I ate dinner then felt like a had a horrible gas bubble and my stomach was heavy. Super uncomfortable until I got sick around 3:30am, basically slept the rest of the day and was back to normal yesterday...so weird.

Is anyone else already having trouble distinguishing what was from you and what was from Santa? DD didn't even get that much from "either" one of us..oops.
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 i am one of the problem parents that gives all the good gifts from Santa. I got my son 1 thing from me this year, LOL..but he asked for it specifically. everything else came from Santa. I don't mind LOL i think it sets a precedent to not have high expectations from me (I always fake cry broke when we are at the store), so eventually i shock him when i get him good stuff. 
  • Options
    @laur84ns @kristimh80 @mamakate1616
    Thank you!! They moved the training call up to this afternoon, so they must be excited, right? I will let you all know how it goes! 
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 yes! I went thru the “trouble” of having special paper for the Santa gifts but was so excited about some of them I was talking about them before she opened (eg. oh you’re going to like this one!) or said they were from us even though it was in the Santa paper lol. This is the last year we will be able to get away with the ambiguity but we talked about making Santa gifts unwrapped and everything else from us. I prefer wrapped to unwrapped so maybe in the future I’ll make sure the Santa gifts are in a Santa printed paper to remind us to zip it!
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 That was an on-going debate between DH & I - my parents NEVER wrapped Santa's presents and his parents always did. I eventually told him if he wanted wrapped Santa gifts he could do it ;) I'm already guessing why Santa presents weren't wrapped when I was growing up...Mom wouldn't be able to keep them apart and wouldn't be organized enough to have separate paper hahaha
  • Options
    Lol! We only ever got 1 or 2 gifts from Santa they always came in paper that had Santa’s picture on it. My mom thought we never noticed that Santa paper was different or had Santa on it until we were older and mentioned it. The gifts we got from Santa were traditionally the ones that my mom said “I’ll never buy you a ...”  DH family only gets gifts from Santa except for a pillow on Christmas Eve and that’s from his parents.  Which will cause a problem with me as DS gets older because I don’t want him confused on why we gets Santa gifts at our house and his grandparents house. 
  • Options
    Here’s my random. For the first time this week, baby girl positioned herself just how her big brother did when I was in my third trimester with him. She nestled her little butt under my ribs on the right side. I had forgotten that feeling, where I can feel from the outside what body part she was poking out. MH could feel it too and remembered that with DS. Gave me the warm
    and fuzzies.

Several of the the mamas in my other BMB have had babies over the last couple months, and every time another one is born I get so excited to meet this little girl. And also a little terrified of the chaos that is about to descend on our lives...
  • Options
    @gowenc yes, my BMB with DS1 is also full of new babies, and a few more are due in January and February. The most recent addition came 2 days before Christmas, and he's so-so cute! He somehow reminded me of DS1 when he was a newborn! Craving baby snuggles right now (ideally without the night wakings, pretty-please?)
  • Options
    @ashley14598 right now my son gets gifts from Santa at my house AND my mom makes us go to her house because Santa stops there too *cue eye roll*...it was fun at first but after 10 years im over the double morning travel. I think next year im going to have to tell her that Santa can only come to our house because i cannot do the travel thing with him AND a 9 month old. She will just have to give him all his gifts at once or we can come by later...