Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Monday 12/24

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** Month/Cycle: CD: WAYDTGKU: R/R: CS/Q:
TTC History
Me: 38 DH: 52
Started trying June 2018
BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
TTC October 2021
BFP January 2022
MMC March 2022
Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

Re: WTO Monday 12/24

• Options
    I apologize. The Bump has been weird for me the past few days and this thread did not format correctly. Let me try it in here:

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    Happy Christmas Eve from Cancun! B)

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: At this point, I’m pretty sure I’m waiting for AF

R/R: Vacation has been great so far!  It’s just what DH and I needed to reconnect after a difficult 18 months.

CS/Q: Anybody have any ideas as to what might be going on?  I’m thinking an-O cycle.  My cycles are typically 25-30 days, so I really don’t think I will O this late into my cycle.

Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy enjoy that tropical sunshine!! Have a margarita on the beach for me, too. 🍹

Month/Cycle: 6/6 (benched until next cycle)

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: Prenatal vitamins, Fertility Friend, temping, OPKs, HIO, SMEP, and red raspberry leaf tea.  Any other ideas, bring 'em on.  

R/R: Wishing all you ladies a lovely holiday! 🎄🥂❤
     Thank goodness for gift bags! There is never any tape in my house to actually wrap things. I opened my presents from my students and damn, do they know me! Lots of tea, chocolate, cookie mixes, TJMaxx cards and mugs.  
    *TW loss mentioned*
    DH and I decided to spend Christmas Eve just us and the dog because it's only been a week since our loss and we are feeling far from festive.  There are just too many little kids/new babies/KU cousins in his family and we know we'll fall apart around everyone.  His parents are away visiting SIL and I know DH is missing them.  I am going to try to make it somewhat pleasant for us with some nice snacks and homemade calzone.  

CS/Q: Nope.  I am going to start temping again after the holiday.   We are taking a doctor-recommended break until next cycle but I want to see what my body is doing. 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess Hugs to you ❤️ That’s exactly why DH and I chose to get away by ourselves this Christmas.  I hope you can find at least a small bit of joy together.  And I will take you up on that margarita 😬
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    *lurking*
    @emeraldduchess @SpongeWorthy hugs to both of you. If you like pina coladas, enjoy one of those for me too!
     I discovered I'm allergic to pineapple but oh do I miss pina coladas. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @SpongeWorthy Cancun! Cue major jealousy over here. I hope you’re enjoying the weather and cocktails on the beach! I don’t have any experience with an-O cycles but from my no -expert knowledge I don’t see any signs of O either and it seems pretty late to O when you’re almost at your average cycle length already. Hopefully AF comes soon so you can get started on the next cycle! 
    @emeraldduchess big virtual hugs to you and YH over the next few days. I can’t imagine how you all must be feeling right now and it’s totally understandable you’re not in the holiday mood. I hope you all enjoy your cozy day with the dog. Puppy love is the best cure for just about anything!

Month/Cycle: 14/15

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, CM, BBT, RLT, Clomid, maybe attempting SMEP again!

R/R: I’m annoyed that I have to work today but at least we will have an early dismissal. I’m also annoyed that I still can’t seem to get into the Christmas spirit and I know it’s all related to TTC. We were at a family party last night for DH’s family and *TW*
    his cousin has the cutest 8 month old that usually I would be all over, but I pretty much avoided her like the plague. Someone gave her a stuffed elephant with her name embroidered on it and I sat there innerly sulking because I love elephants and want my future child to be covered in them so how dare that be rubbed in my face lol. I have a problem. At least I’m self aware? I need to mentally prepare for my cousin parading her 8 month old all around tomorrow. She got KU on accident and it drives me crazy haha. And I’m always on edge they’re going to say they’re KU again even though that’s pretty irrational. Her and I have always had a bit of a competitive relationship, not sure if it’s because we’re both only children or what, but she was PISSED we got engaged/married first. Not that we have a bad relationship by any means, but I can just picture her being smug and kinda rubbing it in my face if they do get KU again before we do for the first time. 

Wow sorry that was so long lol. Guess I am in a ranting mood today 
    Rave- can’t wait to see my family over the next few days! 
    CS/Q: V exciting. I was surprised at the early “high” reading on my fertility monitor, I assumed the clomid would maybe delay O by a little bit. Maybe it’s just f-ing with the estrogen reading since that’s what the “high” measures. When I get “peak” is when my LH peaks so hopefully that doesn’t happen super soon :/ FF predicts O will be on my birthday or the day before ! 

• Options
    @kiki047 thank you. 💚
    @b_1029 I totally get having all those feelings, even over stuffed animals.  💙
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. There's a great TTCAL board on here if you find yourself needing some encouraging words. Those ladies are awesome. 

@b_1029 Ugh, sorry for the baby feels. And I totally get the competitive cousin situation. These situations are always tough and I think that's what makes the holidays hard for some folks. It's literally the time of year people get engaged/announce pregnancies/show off what they've done this year. I've got my fx for you this cycle! 
  • Options
    @SpongeWorthy I got so caught up thinking about cocktails on the beach I forgot about your chart. an-o cycles are so confusing. Mine are always long, 40-60 days, and my body typically gears up to try to O but then doesn't manage to pull it off. Are you still doing OPKs? I'm sorry your body is not cooperating. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 I stopped OPKs on CD20.  Maybe I’ll try another today just for the heck of it.  I wasn’t getting anything remotely positive.  I also had a UTI in the middle of my cycle, so I was drinking a lot of water.  I thought maybe my urine wasn’t concentrated enough to turn a positive??  I don’t know...I feel like I’m grasping at straws trying to figure out this cycle lol.  Thanks for your input, though!
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    @nomangos23 thank you so much. 💜 I posted an intro over on that board the other day and the ladies there were so welcoming.  It's amazing how internet strangers circle the wagons and lift each other up like that. 
    @kbrown2385 bummer about Chick-fil-a. :( Glad you still got to have a nice dinner, though! 
    I get your relief about not seeing too much family right now. I am in a similar situation too this Christmas.
    *TW*
    SIL just had a baby last week and we know that will be all DH's family will want to talk to us about. Nope. Not putting ourselves in that position.  We told DH's parents about what happened, but the rest of the family is in the dark.  

• Options
    @SpongeWorthy That seriously blows. I'm sorry. I would still test with OPKs just in case (you never know).l And I hope you have a great vacation, and definitely have some drinks for us!

@emeraldduchess I'm wishing you the merriest of Christmases! I'm so sorry that you are hurting right now and hope that you and YH have a great day together.

@b_1029 So sorry that you have to work today. I totally feel ya on the cousin issue, I would probably be doing the same thing. Keeping my FX for your O.

@kbrown2385 For the record, that sounds like an amazing birthday tradition (I love seeing the lights and am always down for some Chick-Fil-A). Have a wonderful Christmas.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM (sort of), EPO, PNV, preseed, RLT

R/R: Working from home today so I got to sleep in a little. Today is day 3 of positive OPKs too and the only way DH and I can get our BD on is for me to be on top and I always worry that things won't be successful because everything will fall out...  :|  Going to DH's grandmas house tonight for her traditional Xmas Eve party, then maybe to BIL's house for an hour in the morning, then to my family's celebration, then back to IL's for dinner. It's a jam-packed day. **TW** (get ready for a doozy)
    I'm a little apprehensive of any family member's announcing that they are KU. In 2013, BIL and his wife did a little gift to announce they were KU and it ruined my Xmas because we were also trying but **more TW** I was maybe overly emotional because little did I know I was also KU but didn't know it.BIL is scheduled for a vasectomy on Thursday and they were talking that they were going to try the couple months before his surgery "in case it was meant to be" but to be selfish, I kind of want the attention to myself... I was pregnant with BIL's wife last time and because she was having the 1st girl for the family, even though it was her 2nd child and it was my 1st (and I was having a boy), everyone was fawning over her... not to mention I'm a twin so competition is high for me... wow sorry. **end TW**

CS/Q: nope
    TTC #1: September 2013, BFP 01/01/14, DS 09/14
    TTC #2: October 2018, BFP 02/02/19, EDD 10/14/19

• Options
    @SpongeWorthy Do you think it might be because you took antibiotics? Maybe that delayed our ovulation date? It doesn't look like you've O'd yet to me. I hope you are enjoying Cancun and having some great R&R. 

@emeraldduchess I am so so sorry for your loss. I don't blame you for staying home tonight. Sending you big big hugs. <3

@kbrown2385 CD buddies! I completely agree about family making the holidays unnecessarily stressful. I'm glad you will get to enjoy a more low-key Christmas. 

@b_1029 I totally get it about the cousin competition. It is hard and makes the holidays so tough. 

@nomangos23 Just thinking of you and hoping you have a wonderful holiday! Thanks for all of your support this year  <3

~~~
    Hi everyone! I don't usually participate in the daily threads, but I am feeling ready to jump in. 

Month/Cycle: 24/? 

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole with trigger 

R/R: Working today since I had to take Friday off. I think they will let us leave early though. Otherwise, I am just trying to get through the holidays. Like others have mentioned, they are just a bit harder when you are struggling TTC. 

CS/Q: Anybody have any ideas as to what might be going on?  Does anyone take myo-inositol? Any bad side effects? I took it last month and had the worst O pain ever. To the point I thought I might need to go the ER. I'm trying to figure out if that is why. 

• Options
    @kgg2241 I take Ovasitol, which is a mix of myo- and d-chiro inositol. I've been taking it since April and haven't noticed that my O pain was any worse than before (granted there's a very good chance I wasn't actually ovulating in that time either), but it was killer on the letrozole this month because my follies were over 30mm when they released. I also felt like I might have to go to the ER. Thankfully it was short-lived and the pain was gone once I O'd. So sorry you had to experience that! 

TTC History:

• Options
    Merry Christmas Eve! Pretty much going to be post and run. Got things to accomplish and family to see tonight.

Month/Cycle: 18/17

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: letrozole, trigger like, IUI #1, progesterone, PNV, vitamin D

R/R: apparently 1 follicle decided to stop growing so we only have 1. Wasn't quiiiite large enough to do the trigger tonight so we've been instructed to do it tomorrow night and the IUI on Thursday. But better than nothing I suppose!

CS/Q: I should just stop temping and all that since the IUI is soon. Also the OPKs I've had are nowhere near positive so I'm like why do I bother when they're controlling my cycle

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @kiki047Thanks for the reply. I wasn't monitored last month, but I will be this month with mid-cycle ultrasounds, so hopefully, that will give me some insight. It was just so much more intense than usual. I'm also sorry you had to go through that -- it isn't fun at all!
  • Options
    kimmer1412kimmer1412 member
    edited December 2018
    Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, BBT, FF, OPKs, SMEP

R/R: I've been so busy these past few days getting my house ready to host Christmas tomorrow but everything is so nice I'm feeling super accomplished.  Headed to MH families house for Christmas eve dinner shortly. *tw* a friend of mine just did a super cute pregnancy announcement on FB today and I'm feeling a little salty because we were hoping to be pregnant and do a Christmas announcement but I'm still happy for her *end tw*

CS/Q: nah bro 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess So sorry to see you back here, friend ❤️. Hope you guys have a peaceful time together!

@SpongeWorthy Enjoy all of this special time with YH in paradise!!!

@b_1029 Sorry it’s been tough - it’s not fun especially around the holidays! Hope you enjoy all of the time with your family! Did you get any insight on using the monitor and being on clomid? Just curious!

@kbrown2385 Hope you enjoy the low key Christmas! Glad you were able to enjoy your birthday celebration even though you weren’t able to do as you planned!

@stephanie123456 Yay for sleeping in! We actually read up on the positions because DH was curious, apparently it has real no affect of on anything! 

@kgg2241 Hope you were able to get out early! FX you get answers!!!

@kimmer1412 Oh goodness, glad you were able to get everything ready and you’re happy with how it all turned out! So sorry that you had to deal with that, it’s never easy to keep seeing the announcements! 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNV, FighterDiet, OPKs, Temping

R/R: I was able to see a lot of my friends from out of town this weekend so I was happy about that! Also just not feeling the holidays because sometimes I’m not as happy as TB girl on the app homepage TTC lol

CS/Q: Nothing to see! Thinking of not Temping or OPKS this month to just maybe not stress as much as I have the last couple months. Who knows. Just bought more OPKS so I’m probably just lying to myself lol.

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @kgg2241 I wondered if the antibiotics interfered, but from what I could find on the internet (which wasn’t much), people don’t usually see an effect.  I hope your O pain is less severe this cycle.  That sounds terrible!
    @stephanie123456 I’m always conservative with positions too, even though the logical side of my brain knows that it shouldn’t matter 🤷‍♀️
    @brookert615 I’m glad you had a good time with friends!  Here’s to getting through the holidays and to a better 2019 🍻
    CP 3/2019
  • Options
    Late-night post to acknowledge AF and my grumpiness.  Christmas bummer... and a particularly crampy one at that  :(  Hope all those that celebrate are having a wonderful eve 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: i promise to temp better this time!

R/R: *insert CD1 grumbles here*

CS/Q: nada!
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    @sevenn Sorry about CD1! ❤️
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    Newbie here... 40 years old. PCOS (on Metformin). Excited to get to know everyone. I’m a certified nurse midwife in Iowa. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: IUD removed CD 3. 

R/R: Excited to start TTC journey. 

CS/Q: Anyone else recently had IUD removed? 
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited December 2018
    Welcome @knottied55a724e7bf0560c! If you haven’t already, please introduce yourself in the intro thread so we can get to know you better. Also, please change your randomly assigned “knottie” username so we can easily tag you in responses. :) You may have to log out and back in before your username updates. 

I know a few midwives from Iowa—what area are you from? I look forward to hearing your input on our board seeing your particular expertise in midwifery.
  • Options
    I live in the Quas City area, Davenport. Prior to being a Midwife I worked at a Labor & Delivery and nursery RN for 15 years. I will do a formal intro, thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    @knottied55a724e7bf0560c - I had my Mirena out mid-October :) I miss it.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24