May 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms Week of 12/23 - 12/29

Re: Symptoms Week of 12/23 - 12/29

• Options
    @expandcontract I'll reply to you here, I'm sorry your asthma is so bad!

• Options
    Ugh my head aches. Dr Google says it could be a sign of early preeclampsia- took my BP- 128/80 isn’t too bad right? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chloe97 headaches are pretty common in pregnancy in general. 128/80 is slightly elevated but not at the preeclampsia threshold of 140/90. Don't stress unnecessarily and elevate it more though
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @chloe97 also be aware of when you're taking your blood pressure. If you're taking it during a headache, the pain can elevate your BP. Typically during a migraine mine is about 120/80, without a headache it's 100-110/60-70. I wouldn't be too concerned about 128/80, especially if you're taking it while in pain. 
  • Options
    I've been having horrible back and lower abdomen pain, which they said at l&d triage was rlp. I am miserable. I'm waiting on my belly support band, and hopefully that'll give me relief, but I am constantly uncomfortable. Walking, standing, sitting. Everything hurts. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I am with you! I am also having tailbone pain, which is getting annoying because I sit and stand a million times a day at work. I called the OB and they said it is normal and to try some yoga stretches. 
  • Options
    Been really light headed this morning and feeling like I am going to throw up.  I hate being so nervous that everything is okay.  Bad gas pains too- this morning lower back hurts a little bit but could be from the gas.  
  • Options
    Two days ago we were invited to a lunch gathering and way too many people had colds. Yesterday I could already feel crappy and cold and today the headache and chills are really bad. Ugh! Feel bad as all I want to do is sleep but hard to do with Christmas snd DH’s bday 
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge thank you! I felt better after resting for a little while.  

• Options
    The kids gave me their cold. Now I have to do Christmas and act like I'm not dying. Send help 😟
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH felt a HUGE kick today (the first time he knows he for sure felt the baby). We looked at me and giggled with tears in his eyes and said “that is so cool”! 😍 Seems this LO is going to be very active again tonight which means no sleep for momma again. So worth the reassurance of knowing everything is okay! ❤️
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

My DH also felt a kick last night, I told him put your hand here. And then the baby kicked hard. He said "I felt it, guess the baby doesn't want me pressing on it" I said no the baby was saying hi. He was so excited.

But what I have been dealing with lately is the baby balls up right under my belly button. And I have to massage the baby and kinda push on it. But the baby is so stubborn, I push it and then it slowly moves right back into the ball.

My first daughter didn't ball up, so this is new to me. But Lord knows its very uncomfortable.

• Options
    I'm on the upswing of my cold. The worst was Saturday so at least it's just another couple of days or so. Mucinex helped make productive coughs, but lack of taking a decent decongestant sucks. But I bought an essential oil diffuser necklace and have been wearing it constantly with eucalyptus, so that's at least helpful to a point.
  • Options
    I have a horrific migraine that started last night. I tried to sleep it off but it was excruciating so I took Tylenol which dulled the pain enough to let me sleep. It came back full force this morning and more Tylenol has dulled it to a tolerable level. I'm over this. I think I'm going to ask for Fioricet to just knock the dang thing out. I feel like one dose of Fioricet is better than multiple doses of Tylenol, right? Especially since I'm not getting true relief? Idk but this is for the birds.

• Options
    I've been having headaches today, tingling hands and elevated bp. My mil and fil are nurses and my fil kind of freaked me out. I was like "my hands are tingling, I think I'm going to take my BP. It's been low lately." This man looks at me and goes "hm, you look like it's about 130/80-ish" 🤨 okay. So, my mil takes it. 132/72. 😳 He's my nursing goals 😂 
  • Options
    Riddle me this, a CrossFit workout doesn't bother me in the least, but folding laundry gives me BH? 🤔 I told DH yesterday that my uterus felt heavy in the evening, then when it felt the same during laundry today I remembered it from before. 
  • Options
    @imrachellea I feel like exercise always makes me feel better. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I feel way more going on when I’m doing less strenuous things.

So my breast leakage as gone from clear to golden yellow in color. Anytime a baby cries, my boobs ache and leak. Apparently, I’m ready to go! 😂
  • Options
    I was having such bad Braxton Hicks last week and my midwife said that it’s completely normal, especially since this is baby#3. It freaked me out so much though. (This little guy is our rainbow baby.) A little calcium and magnesium and a warm bath seemed to help ease them finally.
  • Options
    I finally felt some big kicks on the outside this week. I have been feeling a lot of movement for a few weeks now but baby seems to mostly kick me in my cervix, which is pretty uncomfortable. I can’t wait to get more consistent kicks when baby decides to switch positions. Hopefully then dh and the boys will be able to feel them. 
  • Options
    @Stormiewinter yes to the cervix kicks! So weird feeling and certainly not enjoyable! Makes me feel like she’s trying to bust out already!
  • Options
    @Stormiewinter and @mrskoz428 have you been kicked in the bladder,  yet? Im not even sure it's possible but I swear I've been kicked the at least twice this pregnancy.  Both times I had to run to the bathroom cuz I leaked. 

• Options
    @expandcontract not that I’m aware. I do get lots of extra discharge when I get the cervix kicks though! 😂 Between that and my boobs leaking, I feel like I’ve got a fluid coming out of my at all times! 😂
  • Options
    @bpietronicco late replying, but get you some gas x capsules. They have been a life saver for me, I have had horrible painful gas this pregnancy. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @expandcontract this guy has kicked my bladder a couple times. Very distinct feeling. Hasn't made me leak yet, thankfully. Though, sneezing, coughing, laughing too hard, moving, all make me leak, so I guess I'll take the kicks not doing it as a win 😂😂
  • Options
    omg the past two days, I have been waken up with terrible headaches. I don't know if im sleeping too hard or if im getting it from being hungry. But I don't like it.
  • Options
    @truth_trust from what I've read, walking up with headaches is known to be due to tension,  sleeping in an awkward position,  or sleep apnea.  Now,  pregnancy changes the whole ball game,  though.  Sorry,  i basically have no advice.  

• Options
    Good morning all! I feel like I fell off the face of the internet earth a month ago, sorry! LO and I are fine, my life just got so busy at work and with holiday stuff...and then I would crash hard each night by the end of the day. Looks like I'm going through some of the same things as y'all. Heartburn is still a daily affair over here and sometimes my feet hurt by the end of the day. Im still having low blood pressure which has given me a fair share of woozy moments unfortunately. I hope I don't pass out after giving birth. 🙄

I also can't wait for DH to feel kicks. We've tried a few times but each time LO decides to stop kicking lol.

Have a great weekend xx
  • Options
    The lightheaded-ness is so bad today! I can’t stand for more than a minute or two without getting super dizzy my vision getting spotty. Feet are up in the air. Going to eat some protein here as soon as I regain my ability to stand. 
  • Options
    I started developing a new symptom this week that I didn't really expect.  About two days ago I started getting an achy carpal tunnel like pain in both wrists.  The pain fades a little during the day and gets worse at night.  So much so that it wakes me up.  I've read that swelling and fluid retention can begin in month five and can cause carpal tunnel syndrome.  Has anyone else experienced this or know of anything I can do for relief?  Is this normal?
  • Options
    @llhfreedom definitely normal but I’ve heard it being worse in the ankles as opposed to the wrists. I think it’s time to talk YH or SO into some hand and wrists massages to help distribute the fluid a little more.
  • Options
    @llhfreedom I had carpal tunnel in both wrists my last pregnancy.  It was definitely worse at night.  I think I wore wrist braces at night to keep my wrists straight and that helped some.   It did go away after baby was born.  
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 Glad to know it's normal.  It worried me because it came out of nowhere.  I will have to talk to my husband tonight about that.

@fatmonica That's why I'm so uncomfortable because it's in both wrists.  In the morning sometimes they're so stiff o cant even make a fist. I bought one brace today to try while I sleep.  Hopefully it helps. If it does I may have to get one for the other hand too.
  • Options
    @llhfreedom I hate to scare you, but I go carpal tunnel with DD at 5 weeks and it didn’t go away until about 6 months post part, though mine may have been related to some other autoimmune type health issues. I definitely have heard about it last through postpartum period for some moms though. Braces work and if it gets bad, your OB May prescribe PT. Having your wrists/hands massages by a professional helps a lot. I had a lot of forearm pain after DD was born from holding and it got better.
  • Options
    @chloe97 Wow, I'm sorry that must have been so painful.  I really hope it goes away fairly quickly postpartum.  It's just so annoyingly uncomfortable and painful. I've been using ice too but I think I'm going to do a prenatal massage next weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @llhfreedom yup! I had it last pregnancy and like @chloe97 said, mine lasted way past delivery due to BF. Eventually when I stopped BF it went away.  I'll tell you one thing,  it's very difficult to wear braces when also caring for a newborn. 

My new symptom is that I've caught a cold!  😷😷😷🤧🤧🤧🤧 
    I don't need any more trouble breathing and I'm totally throwing myself a pity party right now.  

• Options
    @expandcontract Ugh I’m also nursing a bad cold. Pregnancy colds are the world. Took 2 2 hour naps today and planning on going to bed early. Pregnancy + toddler in child care = a long sick winter. Sigh. I know it’s doubly bad for you because of your asthma. Take care of yourself!
  • Options
    I'm going to sound super crunchy here, but bear with me. I had a cold that started last Friday and I was ticked I was going to be sick for Christmas. Saturday was bad, worst cold in a long time, I got Mucinex that night but the congestion was more of a problem than mucus. On Monday I started diffusing peppermint oil in a diffuser, then wearing an essential oil necklace with eucalyptus oil. By Christmas on Tuesday I felt SO much better! I haven't had to blow my nose since Wednesday (and I went through a box a day Friday and Saturday, including many overnight). Normally I would just take some decongestants, but what we can take is limited. They had no normal Sudafed at Target, so I was stuck a bit. I just so happened to get the diffuser necklace delivered Sunday and the oil set on Monday, timing was perfect to try them out. I'm not a typical "oily" person, and generally take regular meds. I like oils for helping me sleep or making the house smell nice...this was a really nice benefit of trying some out!
  • Options
    I think I had some BH last night. STMs+, I don’t really know a good way to describe it but it kind of felt like a charlie horse in my uterus in the front. It wasn’t painful but it definitely felt different. Is that what they feel like? 
  • Options
    I am having so much trouble sleeping on my side! I keep waking up on my back or worse, my stomach! I have a small pillow that I use between my legs and it cushions my bump,  but I kick it to the curb once I'm asleep. I ordered a huge pillow and it should be here next week or so. My OB isn't too concerned because she says I will change positions when I'm uncomfortable, but I am worrying myself about it.