May 2019 Moms

Symptoms Week of 12/23 - 12/29

Re: Symptoms Week of 12/23 - 12/29

• @cwell2016 I wouldn’t worry too much either. I wake up half on my side and half on my stomach a lot during the night. Baby girl wakes me by giving me some big kicks and I wake up and roll over again. Baby will let you know if (s)he is uncomfortable and will let you know.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mrskoz428 sounds like it could be BH. For me, they feel like a muscle slowly flexing and un-flexing, like if I tighten my calf muscle. Except the muscle tightening is my uterus and I don't have voluntary control over it.
    kids with flags
  • Loading the player...
  • My BH usually feel like My uterus is tightening Into a ball. Usually lasts for about 10-20 seconds. If it’s a sharp pain like you’ve pulled a muscle it could be RLP. 
  • @Stormiewinter definitely ball like. I’ve had RLP. It wasn’t like that.
  • @mrskoz428 yes, mine have felt like that. It's like a tightening across your abdomen? I drink more water when I get them.

• I felt baby kicking a lot around 16 weeks but now I am almost 19 and hardly feel anything. I hope she is just cozy in there. I still have to wait until the 14th for the A/S. It has been making me nervous so I have mostly been lurking and not posting.

I have also been having terrible hip pain from sleeping on my side.
  • @mrskoz428 that is how I usually end up, half and half. Good to know I'm not the only one!

@lappymom2019 Maybe you could go in for a doppler before your A/S? I had an ER visit and was panicking because they didn't check the baby at all and my OB triage nurse got me in for a doppler to ease my fears. 
  • @lappymom2019 that's very normal right now, they don't even care about consistent kicking until 28ish weeks. Try having some cold water or juice and see if that gets baby going. I would try not to worry since it IS normal, but if your gut is telling you otherwise, it's always worth a call or visit to ease your fears.

• I have really dry eyes.  They have been bothering me more and more the last few weeks.  I've put in eye drops several times today, but it doesn't seem to help much.
  • cwell2016cwell2016 member
    edited December 2018
    @fatmonica Dry eyes are worse during pregnancy and this time of year. I use preservative-free tears (I love to put them in the fridge) and I use those all day long (since they are preservative-free). Warm compresses twice a day for 5-7 min work really well for me too this time of year. I usually switch to daily disposable contacts this time of year or glasses, which helps a lot. If it is extremely bothersome, I'd see your optometrist!

ETA: I'd also steer clear of any Visine or get the red out products.
  • @lappymom2019 I had that too! I also struggled with not worrying about it. My anatomy ultrasound showed an anterior placenta and the tech thought feeling less at 18/19 weeks was because of that. I'm almost 21 weeks now and feeling bigger movements now. I also think that the baby has some quiet days too.
  • edited December 2018
    @lappymom2019 Same here! I was feeling kicks quite early around 17 weeks and the last 2 weeks (week 20 and 21 for me) I felt hardly anything. I had my anatomy scan and they didnt mention that anything was wrong or the location of my placenta so I'm assuming everything is fine..

*TW* I have had a previous loss so I was very nervous about the decreased movement and I contemplated contacting my midwife but decided to wait one more day. */TW*

I'm now 22w1d and this morning was determined to feel movement. I had a glass of orange juice with ice, did some jumping jacks and then laid down for an hour. I didn't feel kicks really but felt like he was swimming around in there. Then for the rest of the day of felt bigger kicks which made me feel a LOT better. 

From everything that I've read, what we are experiencing is normal like @DuchessOfCambridge also mentioned. If you are very nervous still though don't hesitate to call your midwife or OB because I totally know it can be scary and the anxiety is awful! 

For your hip pain, do you sleep with a pregnancy pillow? I had terrible hip pain very early and found that if I didn't cross my legs (so my top leg stayed behind my bottom leg) that seemed to help. I also slept with a thin pillow under my hip and went to Pilates and within 2 sessions it was 100 percent better. I now don't have to sleep with the thin pillow under my hip and go to Pilates once a week.

Sorry for the novel! Hope you feel better!
  • @cwell2016 I'll try the warm compresses - thanks for the suggestion.
  • TMI symptom that I had forgotten about from my last pregnancy. I've hit that point that I feel like all my insides are going to fall out my vagina whenever I stand up for approximately 24 hours after having sex. Which is unfortunate, because my sex drive is up. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• I’ve finally had to start wearing a pantyliner because it was just getting gross.  :|

Other than a few aches, I’m actually feeling quite normal. I’m trying to enjoy it because I know it’s only a matter of time before stuff like physically getting myself out of bed and bending down to put on my shoes will get to be painful. 

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• I am having super uncomfortable right side back pain. Typically when I have abdominal pain, it radiates to my back in the same place. Everytime I've had a surgery (appendix, gall bladder, tube) they thought the pain was my bladder and kidney and automatically assumed UTI before realizing it was bigger. 

But this is totally different. No abdominal pain, frequent urination, and it's sharp and sudden and hurts when I breathe. They checked my kidneys at my ultrasound, but I won't have the results I'm assuming until my next ob appointment on the 15th. Baby was just being a little lump, but he's started moving and I feel a little better. Wondering if he was sitting on something. There never seems to be anything wrong with my urinary tract or kidneys, so it has to be something else I'm sure lol. 
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds sounds exactly like what I was in the hospital for except mine was constant, severe pain! Baby girl has moved already and I have been able to take only 3 Advil in the last 48 hours compared to 20 pills a day for the pain. The uterus typically tilts slightly to the right while pregnant which can cause mild fluid buildup in the kidney. Nothing dangerous, just can be slightly uncomfortable. I found sleeping on the opposite side of the pain helps to get baby to shift (I lay on my right because my problem is on the left). Also, childs pose and cat/cow yoga stretches help to open your pelvis and get baby to drop away from your organs. Sorry for the novel, but I don’t want anyone reaching the pain level I was at!
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds and @mrskoz428 seems our LO’s like to put pressure on some organs. I had had no symptoms until yesterday when the LO decided to sit on my bladder (I think). I have sciatica pain, need to pee every 2 seconds and the plane ride was simply awful. I have another 3.5 hr flight that I am not looking forward to with this pain. Either it is the baby sitting on my organs or a UTI. Will find out hopefully this week
  • @dfirstimer I can’t inagine flying while pregnant. Bless you!
  • @mrskoz428 thank you for the tips! My results came back from the ultrasound and my kidneys have no fluid, but the right is mildly enlarged. Which isn't terrible informative, but could explain the pain some. 
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds the enlarging is totally normal. That’s exactly what’s going on with my left kidney. I have urine build up because she is/was also blocking my ureter some. 

So, I just did a kick count because she is SO active right now. 10 kicks in 4 minutes and 5 seconds and she’s still going! Crazy!
  • Thanks everyone for the reassurance! I felt her wiggling away in there yesterday so I am feeling a little bit more comfortable. I know it is still fairly early so I will try to hold out until the 14th.
  • mrskoz428 said:
    @dfirstimer I can’t inagine flying while pregnant. Bless you!
    I had gotten too comfortable flying with this little one earlier....had a few trips to South America and even to South Korea but this trip...ugh!! .....was very very uncomfortable and I don’t want to be on a plane for 7 hrs again. 
  • @k2k2tog. I feel the same way except not related to sex. Just all the time. My pelvis/crotch have so much pressure when I stand up 😭
  • Starting off 2019 with pink eye! Not a symptom but still no fun.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @missmcgonnagal oh, that stinks! I’m sorry! I’ve been having really loose stool the last three days. Not really sure what’s up with that but it’s gotten my whole system  it feeling well. 😞
  • Is anyone else struggling with breathlessness every once in awhile? On NYE I had to get off the couch and stand up because I felt like I wasn't able to breath fully. It went away after an hour or so but I've had a few moments like that. Uncomfortable!!
  • @bgdwg yes. I have been having that occasionally. I figured it had something to do with low blood pressure. I generally have low blood pressure but I haven’t been over 100 since being pregnant so any drop in bp has me feeling pretty bad 
  • @bgdwg yep! Especially in the morning! I really struggle to feel “normal” right now. My heart rate has been really high lately, too. Just standing up to do something makes it raise to about 125 bpm. 
  • @teesmee @mrskoz428 Awh boo. No fun. I'm struggling with it this morning as well. I have low BP too but not sure if its related. Off to google I go!!
  • Add me to the “I have a cold” club. 😭 I don’t know why but it seems like colds are so much more miserable while pregnant. My issue is mostly congestion and drainage; I took sudafed yesterday which didn’t help at all so I’m going to look for something else to try. Might just sit in a steamed up bathroom for awhile.
  • I feel like I’ve reverted back to the first trimester. Have had a bunch of nausea and feeling bleh and so freaking tired. I am still fighting this cold, but I took a 3 hour nap yesterday morning and had to take  another one in the afternoon. Dreading the 3rd tri.

im also noticing some breathing difficulties, but not nearly as early as with DD. I’m starting to get anxious about getting things done for the baby. I have crazy nesting urges, but no energy to get my projects done. It’s so frustrating!
  • @bgdwg it very well could be related. Plus, our blood pressure drops even more during pregnancy. 

My kidney pain is back, just as bad as it was. I’m connecting it to not being able to pee whenever I want/need. At home, I’d go every 2-3 hours. I can’t do that at school and it causes the pain to come back. Cool.
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited January 2019
    @mrskoz428 Can you get your doctor to write a script to your admin for coverage every couple hours for a restroom break? I've been very fortunate to be with an administration/team of teachers each pregnancy who helped me in whatever ways I needed during pregnancy and while I was pumping at work. There's no reason you should have to deal with that level of pain, does your school have support staff that could help provide that?
  • @chloe97 I was just going to ask about that!!  The past week I have been experiencing this whole new level of exhaustion.  I thought that I was supposed to have all this energy in the second trimester, but all I want to do is sleep.  When I'm at work I feel like I could just close my eyes and I would fall asleep sitting up!  We started painting the nursery this weekend and I think I got through half a wall and had to lie down.  Its very strange!  I am also noticing the more labored breathing as well.  I just didn't think these things would start this early.  
  • @imrachellea probably. This was my first day back so I didn’t realize it was going to be a problem.
  • Well, sleeping is impossible. My hips, back snd head hurt. Sat in child’s pose for half an hour to stretch out my back, but that doesn’t help the hips. Idk where the headache is form. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • @mrskoz428 I feel like I constantly have a headache. Because I do 😂 Have you tried pigeon pose for hips?

• Still nursing the same headache from yesterday. Tylenol took it away for like 30 minutes and it's been bugging me all night. 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I was going to do yoga this morning but the headache prevented that. I’ll try that tonight. It’s hard sleeping on your side all night! 

@eatinwatermelonseeds I put on some headache relief essential oils and scheduled a chiropractor appointment for tomorrow afternoon. My chiropractor is a godsend. Have you tried that?