January 2019 Moms
Options

Christmas Babies - Or Close

Hi All!

With Christmas being so close, and due date looming closer (thank goodness!), it has me thinking....with having a baby so close to Christmas, what is the best way to do birthdays?

The closest birthday in our family is December 6th so it is early enough to keep separate.

What Christmas (or close to the Christmas) birthday traditions have you heard or thought of?

Re: Christmas Babies - Or Close

• Options
    I knew a family who celebrated the kid’s half birthday. But I thought that was a little weird. My husband’s birthday is between Christmas and New Years. I always make sure we celebrate his birthday separate from anything Christmas-y. Growing up, his birthday tended to get over-looked, and he would get “birthday/Christmas” presents. If I had a baby near Christmas (my EDD is Jan 22, so not a big concern of mine,) I would make sure to always keep the 2 as completely separate occasions and would ask family to be sure to do the same.
  • Options
    My niece's birthday is December 27th and SIL sends out invites to the special birthday party in early December so everyone knows there's going to be a separate birthday party. I think this is smart and helps keep it separate so people don't celebrate the birthday AT Christmas
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My oldest DD's birthday is December 20. We try to do birthday parties 1 to 2 weeks ahead and usually its still not a great turnout. It is tough to compete with holiday parties. We make sure to do birthday wrapping and keep birthday completely separate.

I have heard of people doing 'birthday trees' for December babies where they keep it in their room and decorate it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My DS’s birthday is January 8th (exactly 2 weeks from Christmas) so it’s not THAT close, but it’s still a tricky time of year for us because DD’s birthday is late November and then we celebrate Chanukah and Christmas, so we’re just very back loaded on the year.

We try to spread out the gift-giving evenly and we always do a theme for DS’s birthday (the party and the gifts) so that each occasion stands alone and the kids can look forward to each one separately. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*