May 2019 Moms
Options

Anatomy Scan Results Discussion Thread

Re: Anatomy Scan Results Discussion Thread

• Options
    @mrskoz428 general disclaimer that I'm not a professional but that sounds like transverse to me!

• Options
    mrskoz428mrskoz428 member
    edited December 2018
    @DuchessOfCambridge I’ll take your non-professional word for it! 😂 Sorry LO is breech. Better start doing some yoga to reposition the bugger!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I'll give her til 28 weeks and then maybe do some hanging upside down and whatever 😂

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge it is still early for baby to do some more acrobatics and move. 

I cant wait to see our little one end of next week! 
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 Good luck 😂😆 I had an anterior placenta with DD2, felt her at 13 weeks, it never stopped, and this girl is constantly on the go. She turned everything into an obstacle course as a crawler and then turned into a climber. But weirdly, she has *always* loved being worn and still does at 2.5+! But really, I say good luck in the most loving way, I wouldn't change my girls for anything!
    @imrachellea this scares me because I have an anterior placenta this time too, and started feeling her move around 15 weeks (didn't feel DD until 18 weeks with a posterior placenta), and I feel like this baby is awake more and moves more than DD did. And DD is a high-strung tornado baby who sleeps way less than average babies (no 2 hour naps for me!). So... I'm terrified that I'm going to get an even more high energy child than the one we already have lol. I've been telling DH that this one is going to be crazier than DD and he keeps saying "impossible!" but I think he is wrong! 
    Ticker

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge You definitely have a lot of time for baby to flip! I’m surprised your doctor even said anything about the position.

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    edited December 2018
    @jarethinafrock @DuchessOfCambridge yes, after this comment, I realized baby was breech but literally didn't even think about it before that. The tech nor the doctor phrased it to us that way but We're team green and had to close our eyes when she did the transvaginal part as baby was butt down (but with legs crossed).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Got an email that my results for the AS are in. All is well with baby. My kidney is mildly enlarged on the right side, which I find interesting given the pain, but quite uninformative lol. 
  • Options
    So, I read the AS results before the email from the doctor covering my doctor's patients while she's on leave. Apparently baby is measuring larger (which I knew) but she said that meant my doctor may want another scan around 32 weeks. That makes me uneasy. I don't want any type of growth scan, I just want baby to come when he's ready. He's measuring in the 94th percentile, but I'm assuming that's for the gestational age they have in there with my due date of May 15, vs the May 12-13 due date we've gotten at every single ultrasound. I know it's not a big deal, but I'm interested in discussing the purpose of this with my doctor because we already discussed I do not want a growth scan. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds is your due date based off of LMP or ovulation? I was induced with my first kid because they went off my LMP and my cycles are generally 35 days long. I charted with my second and with this kid and each time had my doctor use the ovulation date (which corresponded with the measurements they took in my first ultrasounds) to calculate my due dates. My second was born 4 days after my due date, so there was no need to induce with him.

DD: 8/20/14; DS: 11/13/16; DD: 5/3/19; DD: 8/31/21; Baby #5 (team green) due 3/24/24

• Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds what a big boy! Mine was measuring in the 24th percentile for gestational age. Tiny little bugger!
  • Options
    Had my anatomy scan today.  They said everything was measuring on target and all looked good.  Didn’t give me any specifics.  She does want me to come back in 4 weeks so they can get a better look at his heart as he wasn’t being cooperative.  They got a couple so they are pretty confident all is well.  She mentioned growth scans to me as well. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I would certainly talk to your doc. 94%ile is on the large side, but if my midwives were basing everything with my kiddo off of my thoughts for ovulation vs what they actually measured at 10w and 20w, they would be saying the same to me. Thankfully, they are smart cookies and know that my calculations can be off. I don’t understand why the doc wouldn’t just say, “eh, growth-wise your baby is measuring consistently toward May 12-13th and since (hopefully after testing for gestational diabetes) you’re healthy and not gaining large amounts of extra weight, this baby should be fine for growth.” Due dates are educated guesses anyway and your desires matter. Make sure you say something at your next appt. 
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 my placenta is also anterior, but it has mostly meant that I’ve been feeling baby kick in my back and sides - and internally! My poor bladder - rather than toward the front. 

My anatomy scan came back as completely unremarkable, which I will take as the highest compliment you can get from the medical industry. @DuchessOfCambridge baby is breech for me too, but, like you, absolutely no one is concerned. It can be very normal for this stage. 

DD1: June 2014 - VBM4lyfe
    DD2: October 2016
    DC3: coming May 2019

• Options
    @k2k2tog there’s is an inch or so where the placenta isn’t in the way just above my pant line so I feel a lot there. Our little girl has had the hiccups a lot lately, almost every day, I think, because I feel like she’s constantly jumping in there!
  • Options
    @alexva2017 At my initial a/s for DD1 I was referred to a perinatologist for an echogenic bowel. I had a Level II scan and we were cleared for it. Have you been referred for another ultrasound? A girl in my last BMB had almost the same thing happen that I did. When her son was born he had some extra monitoring for his kidneys, but ultimately he ended up fine.
  • Options
    @alexva2017 We had the same thing, echogenic bowel, come up on the anatomy scan and everything come back fine genetic wise. We are doing another ultrasound in a couple of weeks. My nephew had it on his anatomy scan and it was gone by the next ultrasound. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @imrachellea @robyn2201 sooo good to hear.  I’m scheduled for another u/s in four weeks, but since I’m so worked up about it, they are referring me to a perinatalogist.  I wanted to speak to a genetic counselor but my doctors office doesn’t have one- but this place will and I’ll get in sooner.  I guess I’m also peeved bc my office just says normal or not for genetic testing, but I would like to see risk ratios. 
  • Options
    We had our scan about an hour ago. Baby girl is measuring a day ahead and everything looks pretty good. The tech couldn't get one view of the heart and said we may get sent back in for that. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds definitely talk to your doctor. Im sure if you wish to not have a growth scan it wouldnt be a huge deal. My DS measured in the 92nd percentile at the AS, I had another ultrasound at 33 weeks where he measured around the 35th percentile and when he was born at 40w + 4d he was in the 96th percentile at 9 lbs 13 oz. They go through growth spurts just like babies outside of the womb. Whenever we heard all those numbers and percentiles during my pregnancy all it did was just stress me out about baby being big and then dropping so many percentiles and then I had fears of him being small. I'm sure your sweet boy will be just perfect!
  • Options
    Had my first anatomy scan in November with MFM and have my second (hopefully last with them) tomorrow.  Everything was good on the first one but they couldn’t check all the boxes as some things weren’t developed enough yet.  Should be released from MFM for now tomorrow.  I’ll start have 2 biophysical profiles a week in late March/ April.  I had them with DS and my doctor has said we will do them again.  I’m glad we did though bc we found out I had issues with my amniotic fluid levels with him.  Hoping that won’t happen again with this LO.  So I’m going to be tired of scans by May.
  • Options
    @ibanezstarburst my biggest fear with a growth scan is being told he's too big to birth vaginally. Those scans can be off by 2lbs in either direction and I've seen girls get csections because their baby was measuring 10lbs and end up having a 7lb baby. It would also stress me tf out if he dropped percentiles like that. It's just not worth it to me to go through all that. But I will discuss it with my doctor, and of course if she deems it medically necessary, I'll do it, but it makes me nervous. Whether that's a silly reason not to want one or not, I don't know. 
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds I totally get it and wouldn’t want any growth scans late in pregnancy if I thought my baby might be on the larger size. You can definitely decline it. You may get some push back depending the provider. Did you have a vaginal birth with your son? If so, I would use that as leverage to decline it. Maybe research ACOG guidelines.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    @imrachellea I'm so so so happy for you ❤️❤️

• Options
    edited January 2019
    @robyn2201 I did, and he was 8.5lbs. I trust my body will know what to do, and I would obviously never decline intervention if baby can't make it out. But women birth big babies vaginally all the time. My friend was 12lbs and born vaginally... Broke his mom's tail bone on the way out (and I'm sure he hears about it every mother's day 😂) but still, my mil (H's stepmom) birthed a 10lb baby vaginally. I just don't want to be scared into anything unnecessary. When I brought up growth scans in the beginning, she said she doesn't do them. This advice is coming from the doctor covering her while she's on leave, so I'm wondering if she'll do what this doctor said or what she told me initially. 
  • Options
    I had my second scan over the holiday. the first one they scheduled too early to see everything. umm good planning OB/radiologist.
    Anyway, it all looked good. @DuchessOfCambridge I also like to know what position the baby is in, even though it means nothing at this point. It helps to decipher the movement. DD was usually head down, but this baby is head up, so her kicks feel so weird...like I'm about to have a poop attack!

Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds my first was 7lbs 6oz and my second was 10lbs. I had no trouble at all with my second delivery. My doctor had no idea he was going to be that big, and I’m glad because it’s entirely possible that they would have pushed for a c-section. 

• Options
    Had my anatomy scan this morning. Wasn’t super impressed by the photos i got. The technician did not slip up, so we are still team green. 🙂 

As for the results, the OB said that everything looked great, except there was a calcium deposit in the heart. She said that she didn’t think much of it and that most likely it will go away on its own, but she said she still had to mention it. 😕 anyone have this experience?

Otherwise, I (well, actually more my husband because I started crying) told her about what happened with my sister and it was pretty awful. I just figured I should let her know because I’ve been very emotional about it. She said that I could definitely look into counselling or something if I feel like it’s affecting me too much. The pain just comes in waves and I prefer just not to talk about it at this point. 

So, I guess I’m relieved that things appear normal-ish, but now I am worried about the calcium deposit thing. 😕

• Options
    @jarethinafrock I'm glad everything looked mostly good and should turn out fine! With DD, the tech kept saying "he" so DH was convinced she slipped up and the baby was a boy (ha, so funny when she was a girl - he was shocked when the OB held her up). I can only imagine how tough this time is for your entire family. I know we're internet strangers but you have all been in my thoughts. As far as the calcium deposit, I haven't been there, but I think I posted this somewhere else a while ago: I had multiple "scares" during my pregnancy (learned I'm a CF carrier but eventually learned DH was not, thankfully, then an arrhythmia in DD which made the second half of my pregnancy a bit more stressful - plus no caffeine including chocolate). This time it's the bleeding early on and the SCH which isn't going to resolve. I feel like more pregnancies have these little things than don't but we're here for you!!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 - I can imagine it was quite the shock when you guys found out DD was really a girl! Hopefully you guys hadn't invested in too much boy stuff! My parents decided to find out what I was ahead of  time and because of the way I was sitting with my foot positioned weirdly (and old skool 80s technology), the doctor told them I was going to be a boy. Oops.

Also, thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging message. I'm sorry you have had to deal with so much yourself. Pregnancy isn't easy because there are so many unknowns and it's comforting to have a group of people there to support you. Sending you lots of hugs! We are over half way there. <3

• Options
    @expandcontract glad the U/S went well and that dr could check against clef pállate. Sorry your little one didn’t cooperate. Hope your DH gets you the flowers soon ;) 
  • Options
    @expandcontract prednisone makes me absolutely a crazy person. Like I literally have crazy anxiety and panic attacks on it. You deserve a medal. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Aww thank you @sleepy33 and @dfirstimer !!

• Options
    I've never taken Prednisone, but DS has been on it a bunch and good lord. It's rough. But man did it clear up his skin.