April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 12/17

weird sky GIF

ps. Do NOT google "random gifs". It is slightly disturbing.

this is my backup acct.
prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
 BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Randoms w/o 12/17

• When i got here today 2 coworkers were in the kitchen, one asked me if i was having a gender revel party. I said nope and then was told that one of them went to one over the weekend.  Apparently the mom-to-be didn't get the sex she was hoping for, flipped out and asked her DH for a divorce. Even better she already has 2 kids one of each. She had a complete meltdown and chaos ensued.

Holy crazy cakes.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty WTAF. That's ridiculous.

I have some sinus gunk stuff going on. I'm annoyed because a) I don't feel well b) it's almost Christmas. Can my body get itself together by then? I doubt it. So I get to trudge on for the last week of school (because my only day that I can call in is tomorrow).

Pity party, party of 1.
  • Loading the player...
  • @thatbaintforbetty, yikes.  Sounds like other issues may be underlying there....

I definitely wouldn't want to have a sex reveal party, mostly because I was so hoping for a girl and wouldn't have wanted to show any kind of disappointment in front of a bunch of people.

My random today is that neither DS or I are over this cold yet and neither of us have much of an appetite because of it.  I'm worried I'm starving my kid, but he literally won't even eat a peanut butter sandwich.  Meanwhile I don't feel like cooking because all of the sinus congestion makes me feel like vomiting.  Ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @thatbaintforbetty that is super crazy.  And sad.  

The new lawyer we hired is driving me bananas.  He's trying to change a bunch of processes.  This is how we do things here.  Don't like it?  Kick rocks.  All it means is more work for me in the end to make him look good and I am not pleased.  Especially with a few months left then I'll be off for at least 12 months.  Don't do this.  Ugh.  Super Negative Nelly today.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Oh shit @thatbaintforbetty that's intense!
    Feel better @mrstmoose!
    I'm sure he won't starve @kangstadt but can you get some smoothies or some sort of veggie packed soup into him?
    Saaaame @lyse01
    That's annoying @mermaidca

I'm eating Chinese take out at work. I got 3 eggrolls. Don't judge me phone guy at the Chinese place. 
  • @MRDCle last time I ordered Chinese, the guy at the counter said, “no dumplings today?” Ummm...just getting them in wonton soup form, thanks. Also I didn’t realize I was quite THAT predictable.
  • @lyse01 @MRDCle I would kill for some eggrolls, potstickers and dumplings.

this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• So my day definitely got off on the wrong foot. Got to boot camp at 5:45am  and the seam on the butt of my leggings ripped, and not just a small one but 3 inches worth! I was mortified. Luckily a) someone told me right away before class started and b) I had a sweatshirt to tie around my waist (otherwise I would have gone straight back home). Here’s hoping I can fix them because they’re my favorite. 

@thatbaintforbetty omg! I secretly wish there was video of that scene to watch.

@kangstadt my DS has the sinus gunk right now and barely eats anything either. I just make sure he has plenty of fluid and is going to bathroom regularly. But he’s basically surviving on goldfish, apple juice, and water.

@mrstmoose hope you feel better.  Both my kiddos have the sinus gunk and I feel
    like I’m going to get sick right before Christmas
  • glitter is always fancy
  • I wore non maternity pants today, cause i didn't have any clean, and it was A Very Bad Decision.

I'm so uncomfortable and i have them unbuttoned.
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

• @thatbaintforbetty omg I so wish I could have been a fly on the wall for something like that. To lose your mind over a sex that you literally get no decision on is craziness. That poor husband.

• All I want to do is go ice skating and I can't. We have these two gorgeous outdoor rinks in my city and every year since they've opened there's always been some reason why I can't go. The first year it was literally so crowded that they sold out every time I went, the second year I was recovering from surgery, and this year I'm pregnant.

The ice skating gods hate me lol.

But Chinese food sounds so good now!!! I live for good dumplings.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• sheknows6 said:

All I want to do is go ice skating and I can't. We have these two gorgeous outdoor rinks in my city and every year since they've opened there's always been some reason why I can't go. The first year it was literally so crowded that they sold out every time I went, the second year I was recovering from surgery, and this year I'm pregnant.

The ice skating gods hate me lol.

But Chinese food sounds so good now!!! I live for good dumplings.

Time Hop showed me that this day last year we took DS skating the first time at the outdoor rink downtown here. Not happening this year and I'm bummed, so I feel your pain. 
  • @thatbaintforbetty I don't think I could fit in my pre-prego pants even unbuttoned!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• I’m on home bed rest until at least Thursday when I go back to the doctor due to signs of preeclampsia. I’ve had it with 2 of my previous pregnancies so my doctor is being super cautious. Would obviously rather be safe than sorry but it’s the freaking week before Christmas. Damn you body! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Hope everything works out ok @kyashley1227!!  Rest up!
  • I’ve been craving steak like crazy but I’ve never cooked meat or chicken before. I finally sucked it up and went to the grocery store and bought two rib eyes. With my mom on the phone I successfully made myself and DH rib eye for lunch. 
  • The Bump is acting all screwy for me.  It keeps telling me there are new comments on threads even after I've read them.  I've opened the same thread 3 times to the same stuff.  Annoying!
  • @sheknows6 and @MRDCle this Texan over here is blown away that outdoor skating rinks are a thing. Lol

@kyashley1227 rest up, be kind to yourself and your little one! Now is a great time to catch up on some Netflix!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @harveyisaboysname are you vegetarian? I'm wondering how you've gone this far in life without cooking chicken or beef without being one!

@k@kyashley1227 rest up! I hope it's not pre-e this early!
  • @phoenix92885 - I live in central florida and out towncenter has a popup ice rink right now lol 

• @mrstmoose I was for maybe 6 years. Now I just have this thing about touching raw meat. Mostly chicken because it’s slimy. Now I just cook vegetarian or vegan for the most part and order meat dishes at restaurants. DH hates it  :D
  • @MRDCle, I'm definitely gonna make smoothies tomorrow and see if he'll drink one.  Thanks!

@blueberrymomma, haha, I totally let DS have goldfish before lunch today so I could shower in peace.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh.... None of my jackets fit well. I really didn't want to spend money on a jacket while pregnant! 

• kosmo86 said:
    Ugh.... None of my jackets fit well. I really didn't want to spend money on a jacket while pregnant! 
    I ended up borrowing one from a friend for our winter vacation. We live in fairly warm weather, only goes below freezing at night or a few days a year otherwise. 
  • @kosmo86 I'm with ya!  I bought a beautiful new winter coat last year and I refuse to buy another new one just for a few months.  I'll be wearing a lot of sweaters and scarves to keep the unzippable part of me warm haha.
  • Not sure why but my Boss assumed I was only taking 8 weeks maternity leave and not 12. I commute about 45-60 mins each way and right now only get about 1 hr with my kid a day, now I will have 2. I love my job but that's difficult. I have ZERO family to help out either. so no I don't want to go back early. Now I am pissed off. 

• @kosmo86 Id be pissed too! Those 12 weeks are essential to you and baby. Take all the time you can off and don't feel one ounce of guilt about it. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • jlklec19jlklec19 member
    edited December 2018
    @kosmo86 @mermaidca @kbirchtree @lilpotatomama  same with the jacket, it's still zipping, but just barely (empty pockets seem to be the key). My current jacket is in such great shape that I can't justify buying another jacket when winters here are relatively mild (at least compared to where I grew up). I pretty much have been surviving by wearing layers when it's really chilly/windy. It is nice to know that I'm not alone in this struggle. 

Yesterday, our baby boy got his first Christmas present from DH's auntie! I was really excited about it because it was very unexpected and a nice surprise. No idea what it is we're waiting until Christmas to open, but it makes me smile to see something addressed to the baby under our tree. 
  • @mermaidca it does that all the time for me. The only way it will clear out the new post notifications is if I back out of the forums and come back. Kind of annoying. 

Also, we are missing our weekly check ins. I don’t mind since I know people get busy. Just wondering about them. 
  • @HGRich feel free to start them. No one’s assigned and I don’t have a good gtky and don’t have the time to snoop around on the other BMBs to find one we haven’t done before.
  • @lyse ok cool. I wasn’t super active in the beginning to see if they were assigned. Didn’t want to step on any toes though. GTKYs are really hard to come up with. 
  • SAHMs, I don’t know how you guys do it. I’ve been home on Christmas break for 1 day and ughhhhh.  
  • batmama31batmama31 member
    edited December 2018
    I'm already at that stage in pregnancy when I feel like violet from charlie & the chocolate factory after she eats the bubblegum. and after a 5 day weekend, I'm back at work and everything outside of sitting at my desk takes so much energy, but I can't tell if it's from being fat or from being pregnant. not fishing for compliments, or sympathy, but there is no doubt that w/o the bump, I would easily be considered plus size right now. I've always bordered plus size, but never crossed the line, so this is new territory for me. (I'm 5'6", started this pregnancy at 180lbs, currently at 213.) I am what I am, guys!

*sigh* and I still have at least 15 weeks to go  :( I don't remember being this exhausted this far into my pregnancy w/ my first. 
  • I am so bloated and gassy right now its painful!  Also no one should come into my cubicle for the rest of the day