Group 3 (August 15th-23rd) Checkin: w/o 12/16

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What shows do you watch?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: Group 3 (August 15th-23rd) Checkin: w/o 12/16

• Options
    yty0205yty0205 member
    edited December 2018
    Totally posted this on last week's thread, so I'll be that girl and post again. 🤦

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 8/21 - 4w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed or something teeny tiny

Upcoming Appointments: Another blood draw 12/21 and then US 12/28!!

How are you feeling?: Pretty danged good.  Some fatigue and my boobs are on fire, but no nausea so I'm good!

Rants/Raves:  I miss coffee.  And wine.  The wine I can do without but omg, y'all.  MY COFFEE. 😳

Questions:  None right now

GTKY: What shows do you watch?  Real Housewives and VanderPump Rules 🙈(my guilty pleasure), American Horror Story, and sitcom-y stuff like Goldbergs and I Feel Bad.  And I will still watch reruns of Friends any chance I can.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 8/16 so 5w 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): appleseed

Upcoming Appointments: My beta blood draw last week was good, so I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on January 3. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Boobs occasionally ache, every so often I get a wave of queasiness, some cramping, certainly tired, and I'm having that glorious pregnancy sleep where you sleep like the dead for many hours. 

Rants/Raves: I haaaate that first trimester game of "ugh these symptoms suck I wish they'd stop" *10 minutes later* "omg I don't feel any symptoms everything is wrong I wish they'd come back" and on and on. I need to remind myself all the time that last pregnancy I had long stretches without symptoms and it was ok!

Questions: none right now

GTKY: What shows do you watch? @EmilyA724 YES I am so excited to catch up on the season. I devoured the books a few years ago and am so delighted they're adapting them so faithfully. I watched the first two episodes but have been otherwise busy, so I will pick it back up after holiday travel. I'm also a GBBO fan, and any literary costume drama. I'm also stoked for the return of American Gods early next year. 
  • Options
    Aug 22 4 weeks 4 days 
    Poppyseed
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Jan 11 
    How are you feeling?:
    Pretty good the very beginnings of nausea have started
    Rants/Raves: 
    We are not telling family until Christmas and the wait is driving me crazy! 
    Questions: 
    None
    Right now I am rewatching Friends 
  • Options
    @cato99 You will not be disappointed! I haven't read the books, but I've heard the first season really stays truthful to the first book.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EmilyA724 i just caught that your husband hasn't noticed yet. That is hilarious. Keep us updated! 
  • Options
    smmatt08smmatt08 member
    edited December 2018

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5 weeks tomorrow (8/20)

Upcoming Appointments: Another doula interview tomorrow.

How are you feeling?: The usual first tri weirdness

Rants/Raves: I am so tired and cranky. I don’t want to be around anyone except my husband… which is weird
     :D 

Questions: 

GTKY: What shows do you watch? Current shows? The Good Place, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Grey’s. Favorite show of all time is Parks and Rec.

@EmilyA724 my dry lips are terrible- trying to treat it from the inside out and make sure I am hydrated enough. Chapstick was doing nothing.

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: aug 19. 5 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed I think 

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 4th

How are you feeling?: decent- sore boobs, mild nausea when I haven’t eaten, tired 

Rants/Raves: TW: I am pregnant right after a MC that we found out about in October. I am just ranting that the first trimester after a loss is awful! I feel like I can’t celebrate and I’m so paranoid about every little twinge. I haven’t even known for a week and I’m already struggling with the anxiety about this not lasting. 

Questions: anyone else is the same boat?

GTKY: What shows do you watch? I watch garbage reality tv— mostly on bravo, this week my husband and I are watching all of the Christmas episodes of the office (which was a great idea that I highly recommend) I’ve also been watching the great British baking show for some lighthearted entertainment. Oh and for heavy, depressing entertainment I’m slowly making my way through season two of the handmades tale 
  • Options
    5w1d but ticker calculator is an idiot. 

apple seed

Upcoming Appointments:
    First ultrasound is now this Friday. 

How are you feeling?:
    Okay I guess. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Not really 

Questions: 
    Nope

GOT, Vikings, Billions, Homeland, Handmaids Tale, etc. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    EmilyA724EmilyA724 member
    edited December 2018
    So I had to point it out to him yesterday night after spending 2 days trying to direct his attention to the mantel 😂 he said “oh that’s a really cute idea! If only I had noticed”. I was a little nervous about his reaction because he didn’t really want a second but was willing to do ntnp. He’s been really great and is getting more and more excited about DD becoming a big sister. He’s even started to talk about the nursery with me.

@jmesue1030 I totally get your hesitation. DD came after two chemical pregnancies. We referred to her as “maybe baby” the whole first trimester. It’s hard. Let yourself feel whatever you’re going to feel and don’t try to rationalize it away.
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EmilyA724 I’m totally stealing ‘maybe baby’ that’s so much what it feels like. I know statistically I’m at no greater risk for MC than anyone else but after having one you can’t help but feel like you’re going to go through it again. We do have a DS who is 2yrs 9mos so I’m lucky to also have the experience of a healthy normal pregnancy under my belt too. 

Also im lol-ing at your husband not noticing your cute announcement for 2 days. Sounds exactly like something my husband would do.
  • Options
    This is my exact due date as well... :)<3
  • Options
    knottie19a08709f646e887 If your EDD falls between these two dates, you can post here for the weekly checkins. Please introduce yourself in our introduce yourself thread. You can also change your screen name for The Bump to make it easier for us to tag your name. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @jmesue1030 I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m here after a MMC and 2 chemicals as well and it’s so hard. DD will be 3 in February—so that makes it a bit easier. I don’t understand how pregnancy doesn’t make women extremely anxious (I mean, I get it, but it’s so foreign). I hope this is your take home baby and you have a very uneventful 9 months!!
  • Options
    @mwmiller4 thank you for your kind words and so sorry to hear about your losses as well— hopefully this group will be a good source of support to help ease our anxiety as we go through these early stages. <3
  • Options
    @EmilyA724  and mwmiller4  - Yay for EDD twinkies!!  8/21 is a good day!!   <3

ash0625 - I cracked up at the boob poking.  My husband asked why I keep touching my boobs - I felt stupid telling him they're sore so I'm poking them to feel the sore.  But so thankful I'm not alone in my crazy!  Ha!!!
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/23, 4+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Fleur de sel

Upcoming Appointments: January 16th I get my first ultrasound and then meet my new OB! 😬 

How are you feeling?: Fine-ish. Soooo emotional about everything and my temper has been a little bit shorter with my almost 3 year old... But she's an almost 3 year old, so I doubt my temper problem is even my fault. It's all hers! 

Rants/Raves: I packed away my coffee pot yesterday. I'm really sad about this, but the temptation/habit of brewing a whole pot for myself is too risky! I'll just use my single cup ceramic dripper and cry for the coffee that once was. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What shows do you watch? Currently halfway through the 3rd season of The Last Kingdom. It's so painfully good. I started it last week and have just been binging it whenever possible. DH and I watch Superstore together and we just finished Sabrina. I think I'll watch the second season of Riverdale next. I'm itching for the third season of The Magicians to hit Netflix, which will be soon since season 4 starts airing next month. We cancelled all of our premium channels, so I haven't been able to watch Outlander or Poldark this year, but I love them. I could continue, but I'm a TV junkie and I could go on forever. Oh! Mom's with toddlers... If you're looking for a not-obnoxious kids show, DD LOVES Dot on Hulu! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel POLDARK!!!  <3 You can buy just the season from Amazon Prime if you have that 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EmilyA724 said:
    @vvitchhazel POLDARK!!!  <3 You can buy just the season from Amazon Prime if you have that 
    We let our Amazon Prime lapse. Not worth it for us if they're just going to keep increasing the price for service that's been rather disappointing of late. 😢
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    parrothead78parrothead78 member
    edited December 2018
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 16 - 5w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): Black peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments: January 10 - ultrasound and all the bloodwork, etc. 

How are you feeling?: pretty good, physically. I am also a boob poker and they’re always sore 😂 I didn’t get MS until week 6 with DD so I’m a little anxious for it to come... 

Rants/Raves: Been extremely emotional so I’ve been trying to keep busy

Questions: Anyone else super emotional?? Lol I don’t remember this first time around. 

We love our TV. We watch a lot of stuff. Currently watching all the Hallmark movies and holiday/gingerbread contest shows. 
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 19 / 5w1d

Baby is the size of a: Peppercorn

Upcoming Appointments: January 8th and 31st

How are you feeling?: Tired, nauseous, and sore boobs

Rants/Raves: DH is so excited that he keeps telling people. This is our first pregnancy and I'd rather wait until the second trimester when we're in the clear to tell people.

GTKY: What shows do you watch? GOT, Doctor Who, GBBO, and recently DH and I have been binging The Good Place
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  08/21 / 4w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): pop rock

Upcoming Appointments: December 28 for first US

How are you feeling?:  pretty decent

Rants/Raves: I have another holiday gathering tomorrow night that I get to “fake drink” at.  

Questions: nope 

GTKY: What shows do you watch? Handmaids Tale, MMrsMaisel, SV Delos on YouTube
  • Options
    @elisabeth_v GOT, Doctor Who, and The Good Place, I like your style 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 19th-23rd (waiting on ultrasound to date)

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 7 is all I know so far but also need to see the MFM in January. 

How are you feeling?: queezy, moody, tired, sore boobs, anxious

Rants/Raves: dh wants sex but I have no desire. Oh well. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What shows do you watch? GoT and lots of history stuff. Also house hunters and hgtv and food stuff. We don't have cable so basically whatever is on Netflix and Amazon and Hulu. Also I watch all the kid shows since they seem to dictate what is on when they are awake. I get so sick of the same shows on repeat!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @vvitchhazel Yes to The Magicians. I too am awaiting the premier. Haven't heard of The Last Kingdom. My husband and I are gonna check it out this week. Thank you for mentioning it. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5w 2d

Baby is the size of a(n): bb pellet

Upcoming Appointments: not until January 8th.

How are you feeling?: Alright I supposed. I have a cold of sorts that has never coughing up a storm and not sleeping well. But it's not the worst I've ever felt.

Rants/Raves: meh, not really. Just tired. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What shows do you watch?: Grey's anatomy, the good doctor, call the midwife. We don't actually have cable so everything we watch has to be on Hulu or Netflix.
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8-22, 4-6

Baby is the size of a(n): a nerd (candy)

Upcoming Appointments: had my second beta yesterday. No more appts until Jan. 

How are you feeling?: have my moments of nausea, but they come and go. there is so much I don't know, but mainly I feel excited. 

Rants/Raves: I'm just excited I get to be here! 

Questions: may be a better question for the STM, but what pregnancy books to you recommend? I got the Mayo Clinic guide to pregnancy last night. 

GTKY: What shows do you watch? Right now I'm rewatching The Office (hey @ash0625 ) I'm also loving Nailed It! Holiday. I laugh out loud at that ridiculousness. Some of my other favs to watch are The Good Place, Superstore, Brooklyn 9-9. 

@jmesue1030 I made a list of all of The Office Christmas episodes this weekend. I saw a Mindy Kaling tweet about an Office Xmas marathon and thought that it sounded like a great idea.
    @elisabeth_v I agree with @EmilyA724 I like your style. can't wait for GoT to return. What did you think of the new Doctor?
    @smmatt08 oh I love Parks and Rec too. I think it is next on my re-watch list.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    @Avrilmai re: books. I recommend none :D Seriously though, I found most books I tried to be overwhelming and I had a tendency to look too far down the information road. Consider what information you are looking for, i.e. baby development, pregnancy safety, etc., when you are picking one. I like the Ovia app because you can look at the current week only and read about baby development, how mom is feeling, and changes to expect. 

P.S. I rewatch Parks and Rec at least once a year ;)
  • Options
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: As of now, 8/19 / 5w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): Pepporcorn or dot snail

Upcoming Appointments: Not until 1/14 and I may or may not have called my doctor's office multiple times crying to get them to make it sooner. Cannot confirm, will not deny. It didn't work. If I did.

How are you feeling?: Mornings and evenings are rough but midday is okay. Still trying to keep it a secret from work and just so spacey and unfocused. I work in corporate retail so our busy time has finally passed and I have next week off so I hope it buys me a few more weeks before I have to spill the beans.

Rants/Raves: I hate everyone. I seriously do not remember this kind of active rage from my prior pregnancies. But my husband, who hates cooking, has been doing all the cooking and that is fan-freaking-tastic.

Questions: Why is my doctor making me wait sooooo long?? I feel like Veruca Salt--don't care how, I want it now!

GTKY: What shows do you watch? The Good Place is a current fave. Trying to watch parks and rec and The Office is my all time fave!
  • Options
    @Avrilmai I love the actress and was so excited when they picked her. I do feel like she has too many companions, which makes me feel like they didn't trust her to carry the show on her own. But she's charismatic and has good chemistry, which I'm enjoying. I do miss the more long-running plots that they used to have with David Tennant and Matt Smith (the River Song reveal blew my mother-f-in mind).

For books, I read What to Expect last time. It was okay, but I do agree that now-a-days apps and such seem to be a better place for info. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lilmamabebe3 I think the unfiltered rage might be a side effect of the SSRI/ADHD med dump, because I've had that too. I'm Group 1 and my u/s appointment isn't until 1/8--I tried to get it moved up too!!
  • Options
    @lilmamabebe3 I think the unfiltered rage might be a side effect of the SSRI/ADHD med dump, because I've had that too. I'm Group 1 and my u/s appointment isn't until 1/8--I tried to get it moved up too!!
    I mean, they are making us wait a long time. The rage is not helping me come to terms with the fact that I still have four weeks before my appointment. I am also so GD tired. I just want to nap all the time. 
    You are probably right about the meds, I am super struggling! My brain is so foggy and I am trying to use my to do list to stay really on track and get stuff done, but the lack of meds combined with the holidays and the pregnancy is making me pretty dingy lately.
  • Options
    @suzycupcake I just finished the third season and I still have yet to be disappointed! It's got historical characters (Alfred the Great, for example), but the main character fictional (albeit inspired by the men with the same name).
    BabyFruit Ticker