July 2019 Moms
Options

Bleeding.

Hello,

I have an appointment Monday but now I'm freaking out. 9w6d and I went to the bathroom when I woke up and when I wiped there was blood, red. I'm terrified as to what to do. The appointment I have is my first prenatal appointment and I haven't had any bloodwork or anything. I've had 2 ultrasounds but last one was at 7 weeks. Do I wait a little bit and see if it continues or go to ER or walkin clinic? First pregnancy so sorry if this seems stupid.

Re: Bleeding.

• Options
    I’m sorry you’re experiencing this :( are you still actively bleeding and is there cramping?
  • Options
    I’m sorry this is happening. I second the above question to help guide you. I’ve done the ER a lot before for bleeding and it can be a long and brutal process. But sometimes waiting a day is worse. It’s your call. Walk-in clinic can’t do anything, they don’t have the equipment. 

Does your appt tomorrow come with a scan? Do they have u/s machines in the office? If so and bleeding was just the one wipe, I would probably wait if it was me. Anything more substantial would send me to the ER to check.

Nothing can be done by you or doctors. It’s just about checking to see if all is okay. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Few questions, are you cramping? How often are you filling a pad? Are there clots? Has the bleeding got more intense since it started? 

Bleeding is is common in the first trimester. Your best bet is to call the dr and ask their thoughts. They might tell you to go to the ER to ease your mind. 
  • Options
    Did you have sex recently? Your cervix can be irritated and bleed some after sex, it’s not harmful to baby though.

unless your bleeding becomes severe, soaking more than a pad an hour, I would wait until your appointment tomorrow. Maybe you can call a nurses line? I hope the bleeding resolved and all is well at your appointment tomorrow.
  • Options
    tsa208tsa208 member
    edited December 2018
    Just to echo what everyone else has said, bleeding can be totally normal and many women bleed with no issues. My doctor has a nurse hotline or you can call your hospital's Labor & Delivery department and they can guide you further. 

Every woman is different, but when I had medium bleeding (not enough to fill a pad but definitely more than spotting) with no cramps around 7 weeks, my nurse told me to just rest and hydrate and wait for my appointment which was in a couple days. Everything turned out fine. Sometimes we just bleed - there's so much going on in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've had spotting on and off since 5 weeks. Started up again today, a little more than the last time. The nurse keeps reassuring me that if it's not accompanied by painful cramping/abdominal pain and it doesn't start to look like your period with clots or tissue, that it can be totally normal.

I know I've been overdoing it recently. Too many late nights, holiday parties, and work. Plus I can't get rid of this cold! Ugh! Still makes me panic though everytime I go to the bathroom. So hard not to drive yourself nuts with this stuff!