June 2019 Moms
Options

UO - 12/13

2»

Re: UO - 12/13

• Options
    @meatballs37 YES I love them too. Obviously first and foremost (and second, third, fourth, 12th, 157th, 291st) I want a healthy baby, but around #292 or so if I'm honest I want a girl to dress up in big bows and tutus until she's old enough to find me embarrassing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meatballs37 dd2 will love dinosaurs and trucks lol
  • Options
    I have a boy and am having another boy but hell yeah, bows all the way! So freakin cute. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 your DD is me, like currently me lmao 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 next year? Girl please. I bought these girls matching outfits already last week 😂 my DD is definitely a girly-ish girl too. She loves dressing up in any kind of costume (princess, chef, doctor) and loves headbands and/or pigtails. I absolutely love it 😍 
  • Options
    @srscott3 lol lol! Now I want to start looking at matching outfits.  :D your DD sounds exactly like mine, her current faves are pretending to be a chef and doctor. 
  • Options
    Oh man. We are having a second boy but I totally dreamed about having a girl and dressing ME and her in matching outfits. 😂
  • Options
    gta4334gta4334 member
    edited December 2018
    @cricket1688 So this is where I both agree and disagree. As a girl born and raised in the south, I'm totally down with the big bows on older little girls, but I don't know that I love the bow on the newborn. I've seen some where it's more bow than baby! And the blatant declaration of gender feels a bit much. 

I feel the same way about newborn ear piercing. I get that it's cultural for some and others just think "get it done young when they wont' remember" but how many of you had traumatic ear piercing experiences? I cringe when I see infants/babies with pierced ears.

• Options
    @gta4334 That's interesting. I had my ears pierced as a baby (cultural, I am latina) and I never thought twice about it. I do remember non-pierced girls being jealous of my pierced ears in middle school though haha 
  • Options
    @gta4334 I’m all about toddlers wearing bows (should have specified) let that girliness fly. But the newborn thing irks me to the core. Now ear piercings I can get behind, I think it’s cute. But personally wouldn’t want to have to deal with cleaning a new piercing on a newborn on top of all the other things. @luckystar28v I would have been one of the jealous girls. I wasn’t allowed till much later
  • Options
    I never even considered putting bows on my daughter as a baby, but she was also pretty much bald until she was close to 2. I probably won't with this one either unless my daughter wants to. She's much more into the dressing up and being girly than I ever was. 
  • Options
    I'm going to need y'all's help with girly girl things... I'm going to be hopeless if this kid ends up being a girly girl.

As for UOs, I don't think I can manage the amount of volunteer work and donations expected at my kid's preschool. He loves it there and we love the teachers, and it's a very special community and program (based in a nature reserve where they're outside for most of it, regardless of weather). But we've donated, participated, and volunteered so much this term, I'm exhausted. The other parents seem to really be into it.
  • Options
    I love bows on little girls. I shamelessly put them on my daughter all the time when she was a baby baby, and I’m glad I did then, because keeping her hair in any semblance of order now, let alone with a bow, is like pulling teeth. I swear, girlfriend has about 4 natural parts, and absolutely none of them run in the same direction. Her hair is untamable at this point. 🙄 It’s funny, too, because she actually loves wearing hats and headbands. They just don’t stay in very long.

Admittedly, some of my love of baby hair bands may have come from the boy/girl twin thing. I got reall tired of having the “are they identical” conversation and then having to make people feel unembarrassed for not being able to tell that my two bald baby blobs were a boy and a girl respectively and therefore couldn’t be identical (which still seems to come up a lot...I don’t think people generally understand what identical means...🤔). I still think bows are adorable, but the bow was also practical.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @carleym93, I 100% support this. If that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right. 😂
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @carleym93 @KissMeImScottish I also 100% agree. I actually don’t like coffee (except in tiramisu) and love hot chocolate. 
  • Options
    yes ladies I couldn't agree more.....I actually don't drink coffee
  • Options
    Hot chocolate is 100% better
  • Options
    cricket1688cricket1688 member
    edited December 2018
    @srscott3 I have a gf who had all friends who came into contact with her newborn get flu/update tdap but then went and sat newborn on Santa’s lap where probably sick children germs have been breeding all day and it made me scratch my head. Personally it’s not for me and I agree with you. 

Edit: to say I will also have people get flu/tdap and nothing wrong with that
  • Options
    @srscott3 I don't totally disagree with you... yet I definitely have one from this year. To be fair, I tried to introduce her, and she seemed ok so I put her on his lap and she screamed, so I picked her up pretty much right away. But, the picture is of her reaching for me. It's kind of adorable and I'm glad that it'll help me remember this phase where she is so damn strong willed and not interested in doing anything other people want her to do. It was probably a cumulative 30 seconds on his lap. The rest of the pictures were with her sitting on my lap and us sitting next to santa. 
  • Options
    I think The Beatles' music is horrible. Like nails on a chalkboard to me. 
  • Options
    @amaren-2 i think emotional support animals are ruining legit support animals legitimacy... also saw a video yesterday where someone with support dogs told a small child she couldnt pet them with the mom going off that they should have a sign(they were in vests with patches that indicated they couldnt be touched)