Blah blah blah. Random stuff here

Re: Weekly randoms 12/10

• Options
    I'm so lame, I'm about to go to bed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited December 2018
    @meatballs37 - :::runs to go see::: I've been an awful lurker the last few days....

Edited to add: Okay, I lurked and my day was made. I really, really miss it over there most days. I still lurk their monthly randoms and it takes everything I have to not chime in. Such good people over there. 
  • Options
    DH let me know yesterday that our annual student manager Christmas dinner will be this Thursday (that's when they could all make it). I gave him the option of chili, pasta, or breakfast -- and TODAY they picked breakfast. I've kinda learned to just roll with it when I get three days notice to make dinner for 15 college dudes (thank God for Sams)...but I'm planning out a meal (and the logistics of how to make it all) and not much sounds all that whippy tonight. Anyone have an EASY casserole recipe they use for breakfast? So far I'm planning on a crescent roll/sausage/cheese casserole (it's DH's grandma's recipe and he loves it, and it's decently easy), probably some store-bought muffins unless I get really ambitious tomorrow, and a bowl of grapes and clementines that will probably go untouched. I need to do at least two more dishes -- need another sweet and another savory, preferably something with eggs and/or hash browns (I used to just get the frozen hash brown patties when it was a couple guys, but it kept growing and those suckers get soggy if you don't serve them right away), and if it can be done in the slow cooker, so much the better.
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 You are not lame. It’s 8:05 here and I’m already in bed. #winning if you ask me 

Guys, I have a cold. On top of my nonstop vomiting and nausea. I didn’t think it was possible to be more miserable. I was wrong. 
  • Options
    @ki1244 i love that they picked breakfast. I have not tried it but what about scrambled eggs in crockpot. https://www.recipesthatcrock.com/crock-pot-scrambled-eggs/ we always cook bacon in the oven. Less mess and works great can make ahead and reheat in microwave day of. What about cinnamon buns for sweet. Just some pillsbury style ones. Or full on store bought. For potatoes you could do tater tots in oven. Can make mass quanity
  • Options
    @meatballs37 @harrierwife @eleven_ OMG the grad thread totally made my day! I hope the rest of the ladies waiting for beta get good news as well. 
  • Options
    @canuckbaby Thanks! I'm definitely not new to using the pillsbury-style cinnamon rolls for these guys (have done those both for breakfast and for chili nights...chili and cinnamon rolls is a totally weird regional thing that is LIFE), and those typically go over well. I just dialed this one up to challenge mode since I have meetings an hour away during the day Thursday and can't be home baking and prepping like I typically would (I suppose I could reheat them out of the fridge but I get nervous they'll either be too dry or too soggy). But that scrambled egg recipe looks pretty interesting...even if not for this, then just for DH and me! 

When it boils down to it, they're college dudes and it's free food. I could put out literal cat food and they wouldn't complain. But it's also kind of fun to put on the Coach Mom hat and feed them something actually nice...
  • Options
    @ki1244 I wish I could be more helpful but I’m terrible at breakfast casseroles. What about a baked oatmeal with fruit? Like this https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fruity-baked-oatmeal/amp/

ive always wanted to make a baked oatmeal but I haven’t got around to it yet, lol. 

Something we make a lot are egg cups. You press hash browns into the bottom of a muffin tin. Then in a seperate bowl you mix a bunch of eggs together with any ingredients you want like ham, bacon, onion, and cheese. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tins and bake. Oooo what about a couple of quiches? You could use store bought crust to make it easier. 

@luckystar28 I’m so sorry you’re feeling even more miserable :( it’s not fair! You’ve suffered enough. 
  • Options
    @antera23 forget the guys, I want that baked oatmeal for me! When you make your egg cups, how well do those reheat? I've made egg muffins (same idea) for DH and me, but I'm usually just nuking a couple of them out of the freezer in the mornings for us. I could prep a bunch of egg cups tomorrow or Wednesday, but not sure how 45 of them would do in the microwave that night...?

@luckystar28 that SUCKS. SO hard. I'm so sorry you feel crappy STILL.
  • Options
    @ki1244 what about monkey bread? It's super sweet and addicting .
  • Options

@ki1244 This recipe for "German" pancakes in a dish is easy and delicious!

https://thegirlinspired.com/german-oven-pancakes/#_a5y_p=4504816

• Options
    Anyone else having TB mobile problems? It hasn’t been letting me love tit things now for over a week. The tagging is spotty at best. And it won’t bring me to the new comments on a thread when I click on it. I’ve installed it again. My phone software is up to date. Half the time the boxes to add a photo or link don’t even show up. I’m tired of this error message as well. If it continues, I don’t see myself being very active here.

• Options
    @meatballs37 it did that for me for a week a while back...then randomly fixed itself. Not sure what the deal was. Was super frustrating though.

@dntstpbelieveing I had totally forgotten monkey bread! Can easily do that ahead of time and serve room temp. Think I made a variation in a slow cooker once too...gotta find that recipe. @bakerstreetboys that oven pancake looks amazing too though...so many decisions now. :)
  • Options
    harrierwifeharrierwife member
    edited December 2018
    @ki1244 - not sure if its too late now, but I always love Giada DiLaurantis's breakfast stratas:

Sausage, Spinach and Apple Strata
    Berry Strata 
    Spinach and Panchetta Strata

You bake right before you want to eat them, but they're good at room temp too. I think they taste better after they've sit overnight in the fridge before baking. 

• Options
    @meatballs37 - I don't use TB app so I can't speak to that, but I've had that issue on the desktop site for a while. TB isn't a very .....sophisticated site. 
  • Options

@meatballs37 TB was doing that to me on my computer for a couple of week...super frustrating.  Every time I tried to love tit, I got the same error message you're getting.  It just stopped on its own.

@luckystar28 I hope you feel better soon, it's not fair that you've got a cold now too!

• Options
    @harrierwife definitelt not too late! Still need to do another savory too. Wonder if those double pretty easily... If nothing else I'm getting tons of ideas for DH and me, and I loooove doing breakfast for dinner anyway!
  • Options
    @ki1244 - I've had luck doubling it! 

She also has a few other strata recipes out there - those were the first three that I googled. 
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I'm having the same exact issues you mentioned on mobile today.
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I’m not having that exact issue but my yellow icons showing new posts aren’t going away after I’ve read the new posts. I have to back out of the board completely and come back in. I hate TB and it’s crappy structure. They need to update their interface. 
    @ki1244 well if you lived closer to me I’d ask what time breakfast was Thursday 😁 but thanks for asking the question, going to have to save some of these recipes for later!
  • Options
    @meatballs37 I am also having the same issue. I thought it was just me! 

@luckystar28 I also have a cold. I feel miserable too.

Between cold, some lingering MS and caring for my toddler, I have zero energy to cook, clean, or do anything else.

and if my cats could stop stepping on my belly at night to try and find a comfy spot to sleep, that’d be great. 
  • Options
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I’m having the same issue you’re having. 

My app has also been having some minor bugs with the home page, as well. They really do need to work on the app.
  • Options
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_ solidarity. DHs Christmas party is this weekend and I am as such an awkward state. Maternity dresses are still huge and everything else is too small. I hate this awkward time.
  • Options
    @ki1244 That is awesome. I may make that my next project. I am still enjoying that what I say "say what?!?" to DS he says what. For some reason it cracks me up every time. 
  • Options
    @ki1244 I love the egg cups but I’ve never reheated them. I’ve either made them fresh for a crowd or just popped a couple of them in the microwave for me in the mornings. 
  • Options
    Hello! My cold is 90% gone, sadly H's has moved to the chest and is now a full blown 'man cold'. I'm also back in the office so hopefully I'll be more active this week. Today is ugly sweater day and I'm wearing a 'Tis the season to be pregnant shirt, so far only one person has commented, well all my friends knew.  
  • Options
    I feel so worthless at work.

I have had a headache for days and I just want to sleep.
  • Options
    Ugh I got a call from DD’s school that she took a fall from the top of the play structure outside and landed on her neck/head. After sitting in the hospital with her for a while, we’re finally home and she is resting. Poor bub. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh @carleym93 how’s your DD doing now (and you!)? that is beyond scary.