April 2019 Moms
Options

Week 4 check-in w/o 12/10

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner?

Re: Week 4 check-in w/o 12/10

• Options
    EDD 4/26, 20+3

Appts: anatomy scan Wednesday! I recall several of us have our scan then. I’m pretty anxious honestly. 

Rant: I have just not been sleeping well and I’m exhausted. 
    Rave: this kid is just dancing up a storm. I love it. DH hasn’t felt him yet, but mostly because he quits moving as soon as DH tries to feel. Haha. 

Feeling: exhausted. Anxious about scan. Anxious about all the Christmas shopping I have to do. 

GTKY: we’ve not been in a great place lately so this is a good exercise. He’s a great provider. He’s not got a ton of personal ambition, but he does have drive to provide for his family and has managed to get some really nice raises the last few years to make it easier for us to be on one income. 
  • Options
    Due date: 4/26

Any appointments? Questions? Just finished my 20 week scan.  All was perfect but took forever.  LO was in a difficult spot and did not want to move regardless of what we tried

Rants/Raves? At the scan both moms were in town so we let them come.  My mother was kind of terrible about the entire thing because she had a flight back home later today and was super nervous the entire time.  My MIL was so excited and in awe of the whole thing so it made up for mine.   

How are you feeling? Ok  getting more and more uncomfortable

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner?  He is willing to do anything for me and his family. I could go on and on. But on a funny note the best thing he does is he takes our son to the bathroom when we’re out. Every time. It’s the best gift

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date: April 21-22

Any appointments? Today! Heart rate was good. Due to a low hormone (Papp-a was .27) test in my first trimester I now get biweekly checks starting Jan 2 and an extra ultrasound at 33 weeks. 

Questions? 

Rants/Raves? My back hurts  lower back, it’s frustrating  we fly to NY tomorrow morning. Been packing and  my dd wants to bring every toy. Due to food issues I am bringing a whole suitcase of food  

How are you feeling? Tired, sore back nerve more than muscle  not looking forward to a day of airplane seats and unfamiliar beds  

He always helps with the house and never complains about it. Occasionally suggests we have too much stuff... so after Christmas I think I need to purge. 

• Options
    Due date: 4/26

Any appointments? Questions? Tomorrow for the results of our anatomy scan and screening results (finally).

Rants/Raves? Rant: so anxious for the anatomy scan results for some reason.  The tech was super quiet and didn't say a word to me the entire time which makes me worry however I know it's difficult to take all the measurements and some people just aren't that chatty.  Rave: feeling more and more movement lately :) 

How are you feeling? Pretty good for the most part. 

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner?  He's always super positive about everything especially with me being anxious about results (when I really have no reason to be, I'm sure it gets annoying 😋). Also he's been stepping up with a lot of the household things lately which is a huge help after my hour and a half drive home from work.  So nice to get home and relax! 

• Options
    Good luck to folks getting their anatomy scans this week! I hope everything looks good.

Due date: 4/25

Any appointments? Questions? Nope. Thought I had a question but I can't think of it now...

Rants/Raves? Anatomy scan was nerve-wracking and amazing -- it was such a long period of time to look in there and see them, just doing their thing inside me. But it was also scary: as the doctor talked through each measurement I would get worried again that she might have found something strange. One organ measurement was a little borderline normal, but all she said for now was that we'll need to come back and get it checked again in 4 weeks. Similarly, I am loving/hating feeling the baby move all the time. It's great to know they're ok, but it's also kinda distracting, weird, and sometimes (already) uncomfortable.

How are you feeling? So tired, uninspired, and like my to-do list goes on for decades (I actually can't even look at that thread started about "projects to get done" because I'm already feeling overwhelmed by just my lists...) Back aches, always.

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner? It's hard to choose, but overall I'd have to say that he has lots of grit: he persists to complete his plans/goals even when things get hard. I think my tendency to start to rethink whether plans are worth it as soon as things get difficult, plus his desire to persist often lead us to pretty reasonable compromises in joint decisions. He's also very considerate and empathetic - much better than I am at thinking up nice things to do for people. Also he's very smart and has a good memory, and is a great chef...and...

• Options
    Due date: 4/28

Any appointments? Questions? Not until after Christmas.  

Rants/Raves? A minor one, but it’s weird how now that I’m showing and most people know I’m pregnant, it’s become like the only thing that gets brought up in small talk. I’m not angry about it, and I get why it happens, but part of me still feels a bit uncomfortable talking about pregnancy like it’s a sure bet.

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Love feeling the kicks, although getting up is kind of cumbersome- I feel like my abdominal muscles just don’t work anymore :lol:

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner? We’ve been together for about 12 years now, and obviously life changes a lot in that kind of time. He’s been so supportive and encouraging over the years, and has helped me grow so much- he keeps the both of us from coasting, and I help temper his sharper edges. He has so much drive and passion- I can’t wait to see him throw himself into fatherhood. I couldn’t wish for a better partner in life.
  • Options
    Due date: April 27th

Any appointments? Questions?
    Had my 20 week scan today and everything looks good! I'm feeling so grateful. Now I get a few days of feeling confident and at ease before the anxiety starts up. Turns out I'm a bit of a worrier. I ask my husband "do you think the baby's okay" like 5 times a day.

Rants/Raves?
    I seem to wake up in the middle of the night every night, so even though I've been sleeping in, I'm always tired.

How are you feeling?
    Overall I'm feeling good so I can't complain. Probably TMI, but my sex drive completely vanished when I got pregnant. All the baby books talk about this huge increase in libido in the 2nd trimester, so I'm pretty bitter about that.

He's my best friend and I trust him completely. He's going to be an amazing dad and I know he'll be there for me and the baby 100%.

• Options
    Due date: 4/28

Any appointments? Questions? Next Tuesday for a prenatal. Had our US and everything looks good preliminarily and it’s a GIRL!!! 

Rants/Raves? Feeling blessed, have a little boy already and this one’s a Girl! 

How are you feeling? Good as long as I get enough sleep; which can be a challenge with our toddler. 

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner? He’s taking the brunt of night time toddler responsibilities! What a saint!!!! Also so sweet about indulging me since I’m pregnant! 

• Options
    Due date:  4/27

Any appointments? Questions?   Went on 12/12 for monthly visit.  Everything was good. 

Rants/Raves?  I’m on vacation this upcoming week and so excited!  My oldest will still be in school and my youngest at the sitter.  I’ll be able to finish my Christmas shopping and finally stitch all the names from last years Christmas dinner into our tablecloth.  Every year we all sign the table cloth.  It’s a fun tradition and it’ll be our 4th year.  

How are you feeling?  Bigger, lol.  I finally look pregnant and not bloated.  But otherwise great!  I get the occasional heartburn but 2 tums clears it up.

GTKY: What is something positive about your partner?  He’s a great Dad!  He works part time so he’s a semi stay at home Dad.  It works great for our family since I’m the primary bread winner.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Glad to hear everyone's scans so far have been pretty good!  (How was yours, @kristenhk?)  

1. Appointment:  Anatomy scan for me on Thursday.  I'm already dreading it.  Medical imaging is my biggest anxiety trigger!  But I know it's likely everything will be okay and that I just have to survive a few bad minutes.

2. Rant:  I'm very suddenly VERY tired of being pregnant!  I feel like the first 15 weeks or so went by more quickly than in my first pregnancy, but the last 6 have CRAWLED. :(  I hope this feeling passes!  Rave: It's been cold!  It's been 7 years (in Texas) since I last felt Christmassy in the lead-up, but this year has managed to do it with lots of days in the 40s and 50s!

3. How am I feeling?  Achy.  I don't have any ab muscles, and have been compensating in my shoulders, neck, and by locking my jaw.  I really need to get some exercise, but it's so hard with our crazy schedules and DD going through a clingy phase.  Also, I'm sure it'd help my anxiety. 

4. GTKY:  My husband is literally the kindest person I know. He is SO patient with all of my feelings, and SO good at just asking me what I want to do when I'm feeling all the pregnancy feels.  He constantly tells me how beautiful I am and is really good at being present.  I can see how hard he is working to put my comfort first, and it's really special to feel that known and cared for. :)