May 2019 Moms

Symptoms Week of 12/10 - 12/15

Re: Symptoms Week of 12/10 - 12/15

• @eatinwatermelonseeds he said I’d it gets worse, see your ob. I wish they knew more about pregnancy care but they just can’t.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mrskoz428 I 100% agree with @eatinwatermelonseeds. You need to call your OB nurse and see what’s going on. They’d want to know these symptoms.
  • Loading the player...
  • mrskoz428mrskoz428 member
    edited December 2018
    @chloe97 ob nurse said go to urgent care since they didn’t get back to me in time. It’s a catch 22 today. Edited to add if this pain isn’t gone tomorrow, I’ll call the OB line again for an appointment. I guess no I hope he’s right and it is constipation that just feels a lot like kidney pain...
  • @mrskoz428 I really hope they are able to get you in right away. 

@sleepy33 I'm having the same issues with my allergies,  too! Winter is the best time for my allergies but I've just been sneezing so damn much the last week. I think I may have to find a different medication that's safe for pregnancy.  I've been on Zyrtec for years so it could be that it's lost its affect now.  

• @mrskoz428 I think bad sleeping does have something to do with it. I've found I've tended to be more nauseous if I don't get as much sleep. One of my worst days lately was after a night where I was up for most of the night. I hope you get some sleep and feel better! 
  • @eatinwatermelonseeds right below my back and side rib bones on my left side only. Worse on the back than the side but the side hurts, too.

@expandcontract @sleepy33 yes to the sneezing! I contribute it to teaching Petri dishes, I mean children. 😂

@knarlytaurus hopefully the pain subsided so I can get some sleep. I just want an easy, beautiful pregnancy! Lol! ❤️
  • @mrskoz428 did he confuse you with someone else? Wtf? 
  • @knarlytaurus nope. He just really had no idea what was wrong and was just taking educated guesses I think. Which, I mean, my labs were negative for infection. Can’t really argue with that
  • @mrskoz428 Maybe a kidney stone? I get them and they are evil. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @mrskoz428 that sounds like the same place I had pain when I went to L&D at 39 1/2 weeks with DD. I was writhing in pain and crying it hurt so bad. I had a very small kidney stone but my OB said it was so small, that it could have been really really bad RLP (I had a less severe episode around 6 months pregnant). I will say I had no nausea. They gave me a Percocet to take the edge off and I was okay the next day, went into labor the day after.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @mrskoz428 I am sorry that urgent care was useless! That does not sound like constipation at all. My SIL had kidneys stones during her pregnancy and was in the hospital with them.
  • @mrskoz428 if it were kidney stones, a kidney infection or gestational diabetes it should have shown something on your urine dip. Continue to drink plenty of water (I know that doesn't exactly help the frequent peeing!) and call your OB. 

As for me, I'm up again at 3am battling a bad cold. Managing with lemon tea and water, and Vicks rub and the odd cough drop during the night. Any other recommendations? I'm just a regular amount of stuffy, no sinus issues so I don't need a decongestant just yet. 
  • I drank a dose of miralax last night and only slept after taking two Tylenol. I can tell just lying down that the pain isn’t gone, but has decreased in intensity. We’ll see how my work day goes today. 
  • @cms44 add honey to your tea. Elderberry drops are also very helpful. Emergen-C or Airborne as well! Lysol or disinfect everything at least once a day. 
  • This is a long one!

I have been checking my HR and BP every day since it used to run borderline high. I was started on BP meds at 4weeks pregnant even though my BP was 120/82 and my NP/Midwife wouldn't hear anything against it so I changed doctors. My new OB said I don't need to start meds unless my BP rises. I quit caffeine and monitor my sodium and it has been normal ever since. My HR is sometimes into the high 80s/low 90s resting though and my internist and OB said as long as my heartbeat feels regular and it is not over 100 resting to keep monitoring if I had no other symptoms.

So last night around 10pm, I was peeing and noticed a ton of R jaw stiffness, where it hurt to open and close my mouth. I was about to brush my teeth and it kept hurting. Then I realized I could feel my heart beating fast. Checked my hR and BP and it was 120 bpm with normal BP. I know jaw pain (usually left side though) can be a referred pain of a heart attack, but I had no other symptoms. I laid down for 10 min and checked it again and it was still 120s. My husband drove me to the ER (on call nurse said to go) and my HR was up to 150 and wouldn't come down. They did an ekg, which was normal outside of the tachycardia and some blood work. Gave me fluids and BP meds to get my heart rate back down to were it normally is. 

The doctor and PA had no idea what caused it, but agreed with the symptoms and my pregnancy that I should have came in. Going to follow up with my OB this morning since they didn't check the baby at all and put a call in to my internist. Luckily, I have a dentist appt today, so I will ask about the jaw pain! Happy to be home and off work today!
  • @mrskoz428 thanks, yes I should have mentioned I am taking vitamin C and have added honey when I can. I've haven't been home much, so my hand sanitizer is getting lots of use! 
  • @cwell2016 I had something similar in college. It resulted in a heart ablation surgery. Not saying that’s what it is but mine was very spontaneous and would be upwards of 200 bpm for hours on end. I missed so much school from being dead tired from it but the ablation fixed it. I had an extra nerve pathway that was sending my heart beat back to my AV nose rather than through my whole heart.
  • @mrskoz428 I have been tired lately (of course) and when they asked me that at the ER, I cracked up laughing. That is good to know though, thanks! Just waiting for the phone lines to open to call my doctors!
  • @cwell2016 my condition wasn’t life threatening, just more of a pain in the ass. All my EKGs were normal, minus the tachycardia, as well. I ended up on a 30 day heart monitor to track the episodes and was diagnosed with Superventricular Tachycardi. Beta blockers would have solved the issue but they didn’t work for me, so heart surgery it was. I like to be a complicated patient.
  • @mrskoz428 that sounds like me as well! I'm a FTM too and trying not to panic about every little thing, but I'm glad I went to be seen for peace of mind 
  • @cwell2016 I hope you get some quick answers. I was only 18 when this happened so I wasn’t pregnant. Not sure if it has an effect on a baby. But glad you have some appointments today to check it out!
  • @cwell2016 How scary. I had something similar at around 24 weeks pregnant with DD. I was lying on the couch and just stood up and felt like I had run a marathon. We checked my heart rate 4 times and it was in the 180s. Called the Dr and they said to hydrate- which I did and it helped get it back to 100. I got referred to a cardiologist who didn't find anything and recommended that I started using a device connected to my phone (Kardio app, I think) to run self-EKGs on myself when my HR sped up. The app would actually analyze the EKG and send it to my Dr IF something was off. Luckily, I never had an abnormal one and all was fine. I don't know if you are meeting with a cardiologist, but you may want to ask for a referral from your OB.   
  • @cwell2016 how scary! How are you feeling today? I hope everything calms down and it doesn't come back. 
  • edited December 2018
    @cwell2016 I hope everything is okay! 

Im having a hard time keeping up with all the threads! Nausea is still really bad for me. Im hoping the new prescription iron pills doctor ordered will solve the issue.  Also,  I'm just freaking exhausted all the time.  No matter how many hours of sleep I get,  it's never enough.  

• @expandcontract Same! I am going to bring up my exhaustion to my doctor on Monday because this is getting ridiculous. I have dropped down to 1/2 a unisom this week and so I haven't felt that great, but I really want to not have to take it anymore!
  • @cwell2016 - How terrifying!! Glad you went to the ER and they fixed you up. Hopefully you won't have another incident like that.
    @expandcontract - I have the exhaustion too :\ If I'm in a particularly boring meeting I literally have to keep my arms, feet, and hands moving to stay awake after it drones on for more than 45 minutes. I work in higher education so the majority of my meetings take at least 90 minutes. People like to sit around and argue about minutia. Today I had to sit and listen to two people argue the pros and cons of keeping an online database active. That took 20 minutes. I was pulling my earlobes and tugging at my hair to keep my eyes from falling. Non-pregnant me can happily sit and space out without problems and look like I'm paying attention but pregnant me falls asleep instantly when bored or disengaged. Sitting at home watching TV? Boom, asleep. In the car for more than 5 minutes? Drooling on my chin. So it's only natural that I'd doze off during meetings where information that doesn't relate to my job in any way, shape, or form is discussed in detail for long periods of time. I'm gonna have to start pacing the room as time passes.
  • Thanks everyone! I got in touch with my OB and went in for a doppler to check on the baby and everything was good. She is referring me to a cardiologist and spoke to my internist and my internist is going to see me next week since I can't get in with cardio before January! For now, I am sticking with my low-sodium (ish) diet and lots of water! I actually feel great today, outside of my nerves!
  • @mrskoz428 So glad you went in. Ugh that urgent care pisses me off.
  • I've been having the craziest dreams lately! Like the kind you wake up from and think what the heck is wrong with me?!
  • @chloe97 me too! Now that I’ve stopped moving for the day, the aches, chills, and pain are settling back in. I feel horrible but again, am so thankful they kept running tests!
  • I’m not really sure what other thread this is appropriate for unless we feel like doing an anatomy scan results thread separate from the US thread?

Anywho, had our anatomy scan today and we were told Atticus (05/01 EDD, 4/24 scheduled section) has a cleft lip but the tech isn’t sure how severe it is and couldn’t get a good view of the palate so not sure if the palate is cleft or not. We’ll have more ultrasounds going forward to determine all of that. It’s not the end of the world of course, but not exactly what we were hoping to hear.
  • @ashleaf2018 I'm sorry for the unexpected news. I have known a couple women whose babies were born with clefts. It's not an easy road, but it's going to be okay ♥️
  • @ashleaf2018 hmm maybe the genetic test results thread? I think it's fine here but we could try to get a consensus on a new thread, too. I'm sure that was shocking news and I hope you get more information soon.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @ashleaf2018 either here or the genetic testing thread would be good but I think it would also be fine if you started your own thread for this. I'm sorry you got news you weren't hoping to hear, all the hugs ❤️

• @ashleaf2018 I’m so sorry you are having to go through that! Please keep us updated, as you feel comfortable. Thinking of you and your family!
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited December 2018
    @mrskoz428 Some bacteria takes a while to grow, so it isn't entirely surprising you got a call back when initially there wasn't anything. When DD2s first set of tubes fell out we went through three different antibiotics over five weeks for an ear infection because they didn't initially grow a culture, then when they did it took 3 or 4 days to grow. One of my closest friends also has all three of her kids currently with strep, but it didn't show up on the rapid test and came back 48 hours later on the culture. It sucks to not get immediate answers, but I'm glad you were able to discover the root of your pain!!
  • @imrachellea oh, I wasn’t surprised the culture came back positive and knew it would take time. Sadly, waiting resulted in a hospital admission. Check out the ransoms thread for a full update.
  • So they found bright spots on the baby’s heart. Echogenic focus? I’m waiting to speak with doctor but the freaking radiology office released the results with “echogenic foci observed: genetic counseling recommended” 

so i havent slept and have been a wreck all night. Has anyone experienced this? I’ve had negative NIPT/Maternal Serum/Quad etc but I’m still a disaster right now and need to be talked off a ledge.