July 2019 Moms
Options

Appointments Week of 12/10

nolemomma14nolemomma14 member
edited December 2018 in July 2019 Moms
Tell us about your appointments here! Any questions or concerns you have, and how it went! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Appointments Week of 12/10

• Options
    I have my first US on Tuesday morning. The person at the imaging dept said to drink 32oz of water an hour before my appt. Did everyone else drink that much?
  • Options
    @mamanbebe it varies by office. I've heard of others saying they were instructed to drink a ton of water but my OBs never did.

There was actually a sign at one of my OB's office outside the imaging room saying to please empty your bladder before your scan. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Ugh, I had to drink that much with my second for my first transabdominal US years ago. I lived 1.5hours from the doctor's office so that was a PAINFUL ride. 

I have genetic blood testing on Thursday this week. I know they are just going to do the blood draw and nothing else, and it will take a week for the results... I am hoping that the nurse at the office will call me with the results as soon as they come in :) She is awesome, I really like her, and she has taken in to consideration all my fears and concerns. I am excited about the possibility of knowing boy/girl before Christmas (I'm betting boy, I don't think my husband makes girls :) )
  • Options
    I have another appt on the 12th. I'm at a different OB than I was with my last two boys and they seem to be ultrasound happy so I'll probably get another scan even though we are refusing the NT scan.

I *might* have to call and reschedule if H can't get off work to pick up the boys from school. I don't know what I was thinking scheduling it in the afternoon.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Thanks @nopegoat and @indulgentgypsy I can't remember having to do that for the early ultrasound with my son. It seems like so much water! 
  • Options
    I have an appointment for my confirmation ultrasound tomorrow morning, but I am considering cancelling. Both of my kids went to urgent care over the weekend and one spiked another fever tonight. It may depend on when I can get in with their Ped for a follow up whether or not I keep my own appointment.

@mamanbebe I've heard about drinking a coke before the anatomy scan to get your baby stirred up.  :D The very first thing my OB has patients do when they arrive is pee in a cup, so I'm not sure how much all of that water would help. Hmm......
  • Options
    @nerdtoyourmother I hope your kids feel better soon!

I wonder if the difference w/ having to drink a ton of water is related to where the US is conducted. I'm not going to my midwives but rather a hospital imaging center, so perhaps that's it...  
  • Options
    @mamanbebe As someone who works at an imaging facility, we tell all the Ultrasound patients to come with a full bladder and to drink that much. For an abdominal scan, it’s easier to see what the tech needs to see. Then, they have you empty it and there’s the second stage, the trans-vaginal. (Or visa-versa, it’s been a while since I’ve had one). But I think for my first pregnancy, I had to come with the full bladder, and from there on out I didn’t need to. 

My FIRST OB appointment is on the 13th.... I’m sooooo anxious to see baby and make sure everything is okay. With this stupid cough/drainage thing I’ve had going on, I just want to know things are good. 
  • Options
    Thanks @jenniferjoy37 ! I hope everything goes well with your appt this week. 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 Pregnancy always gives me a big kick right in the sinuses :( I'm on my second round so far and barely 8 weeks! It sucks when you can't take anything good. I hope you are able to rally soon!
  • Options
    First appt on the 13th. It’s coming so fast I feel like. Can’t wait to meet my new OB and see the baby 
  • Options
    Does anyone else here have to do a “confirmation visit”? I think it’s such a scam, at my doctor they do a urine test, tell you you’re pregnant, and charge you $350. I tried to get out of it by letting them know I’d had a test done at my PCP the prior week, and they told me it doesn’t matter. They need to confirm themselves 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 I had an earlier than normal scan and intake due to my history. Not sure how much it will cost me after insurance. 
  • Options
    First appt on 12/13 it will be for a dating u/s. I just realized it’s also my stepsons birthday so it will be a surreal moment for my husband, a 19yr old son and seeing the newest baby on ultrasound for the first time. 
  • Options
    @nerdtoyourmother it’s so crazy! I never felt this way when pregnant with DD, but I guess each pregnancy is different! 

@ameliabedelia-2 You have got to be kidding?! That’s insane. Guess they really want your money versus making sure the baby is okay. I’m sorry you have to go through that. 
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 We have confirmation visits here. But I'm in Canada so we don't pay for any doctor appointments. I'd be super pissed if they charged me 350$ for it!!!

@mamanbebe Here they tell is to drink 1L of water an hour before the US. They do this if they're going to do a transabdominal US because it makes it easier to find baby. They want an empty bladder for the transvaginal which they do after the transabdominal. To give you an anecdote from this pregnancy...I had a full bladder for my 7 week US and baby popped right up transabdominally. At 9 weeks I guess I drank the water too late so it wasn't in my bladder yet. They couldn't find anything transabdominally and it gave me a heart attack. It popped up immediately when they went to the transvaginal but to save yourself crazy stress I would drink the water. I have an US today and I will be drinking a tonne of water starting about 1.5 hours before my appointment. My heart can't take another "we're not seeing anything here".
  • Options
    cvolkmarcvolkmar member
    edited December 2018
    I have an US today. I’m only 6.5 weeks but because of a previous miscarriage, my doctor is doing everything earlier this go around. 

All the blood work has come back great, but I can’t help but feel pessimistic about today’s appt. I want to be wrong so badly, but I kept telling myself it’ll hurt less if I don’t let myself get excited. 

I should add I have like zero symptoms except exhaustion. I had very mild symptoms with our daughter and our pregnancy this past summer, but even those symptoms aren’t present. I’m just exhausted which I can totally write off as chasing an extremely independent 2 year old and my job. 
  • Options
    Good luck today @cvolkmar ! I feel the same as you.  Even with 2 good US under my belt so far I'm terrified today won't go well. Sending all good thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Good luck today @cvolkmar. I 100% understand how you feel.  I felt extremely pessimistic before my first u/s, I just went in with the assumption that it wouldn't go well so that I could guard my heart.  FWIW I have almost no symptoms and have had 2 good ultrasound so far, try not to focus too much on that part if you can.

I hope everything looks perfect today @Panaceia!  Let us know how it goes <3 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    We have our first appointment at 7:30 Wednesday morning. So early but it’s the only appointment they have this week. I am really hoping that we can get the results of the genetic testing back by Christmas when we announce to our family so I wasn’t willing to wait until next week for a better appointment time. My midwife doesn’t usually do an ultrasound until 20 weeks but I’m hoping with my last MC and the use of progesterone in this pregnancy she will want to take a peek as much as I do. I’m going to cry if this baby really has a heartbeat. I cry every time I think about it. 
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 The last time I was pregnant, I had a blood test confirmation, but insurance covered everything. I'd be pissed if it was out of pocket. 

We have our confirmation sono on Friday morning. It can't get here soon enough. We still haven't told a lot of folks (parents, my sister are still not in the know). So I'd like to be more confidant in updating the ones who do (BIL/SIL, bbf, some fave coworkers of mine). 
  • Options
    @cvolkmar sending lots of positive thoughts your way 💜 my first appt isn't until next week but I'm in the same boat as you. Very very mild symptoms, clinging to any little sign here and there. Hope everything turns out perfect for you today!
  • Options
    First appointment is Friday afternoon. Will be anxiously awaiting it all week! The appointment says “Confirnation of Pregnancy” appointment, but I’m not certain what that means/entails. I’m 7 weeks now. 
  • Options
    @heml hopefully you get to see the little blueberry on US :) 
  • Options
    Oh hi, just kidding. My doctor needs to reschedule. I’m so frustrated. First my appt was Jan 9. Switch OBs and Got it set for the 13th. Now I have an appt on the 18th with a nurse practitioner. Don’t even get to meet my OB yet. 
  • Options
    Finally my first OB appointment Friday! I had a scan at 7 weeks with my RE but it will be 4 weeks ago once I go Friday.
    Just nervous of course!
  • Options
    I'll be 7w 6d on 12/12, and I'm so excited/nervous for my first appointment! U/S and blood work. I haven't had many symptoms aside from crazy fatigue, dreams, and sore boobs. No sickness of any sort, which I know I shouldn't complain about, but I think I'll be less anxious once Wednesday morning is here.
  • Options
    @mamanbebe How did it go this morning?
  • Options
    @Panaceia it was good! Thank you for asking. The imaging clarity was a little disappointing (I’ll post it later) but we saw the heart flickering away and little peanut measured right on schedule at 8+4! I’m hoping that at my midwife appt on the 27th that we might get to hear the heartbeat. I was really hoping for that today. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe glad to hear it went well! When I had my ultrasound last week the tech said that they no longer recommend listening to the HB during ultrasounds. I can’t remember the exact reasoning, but something along the lines of the amount of heat given off by the machine used to listen. She said it’s a newer update. I was bummed to not hear it, even though we saw it! Not so patiently waiting for the Doppler at my 12 week visit! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have my first appointment in the morning. I’m praying we will get a sneak peek to help ease my pgal mind. Mostly I just hope we hear a heartbeat though.
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 thank you for sharing that! I had no idea that regulation changed, but i am all for safety improvements. Here’s to a patient couple of weeks for both of us :)
  • Options
    I’m at my 2 hour glucose test now. I just finished my delicious sugar-filled garbage and feel like crap. My normal blood sugar is right around 70 so I’m annoyed I have to do this, even though I know it’s best for the baby. 
  • Options
    Just had my appt. Turd 5.0 looks great. Heartbeat was 167. Already taking after big brothers and was not cooperating at all for the ultrasound so no ultrasound pictures.

Also had a surprise 1hr glucose tolerance test since I had GD with #3. So I feel you @wineandcoffee
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Solidarity @nopegoat  I’m glad your appointment went well though. 
  • Options
    Anyone know if coughing violently will be an issue at my confirmation sono on Friday? I'm assuming it's a vaginal sono, and coughing/ab clenching not gonna help. Since this summer, my cough when I'm sick has gotten SO bad that I have a daily inhaler and an emergency inhaler - which I had to use twice today. I have no issues outside of being sick, but... well, there's very little chance this cold is gone by Friday. I REALLY don't want to reschedule. 
  • Options
    coco2787coco2787 member
    edited December 2018
    @foodislove you need to be relatively still for an ultrasound for them to get good measurements.  Confirmation ultrasounds are usually pretty quick though.  If you can't stop coughing for 10-15 minutes I would probably reschedule.  But it wouldn't hurt to just call and ask, I'm not an expert or anything.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @foodislove definitely call and ask! 

Got notified online my glucose results from the 1hr were in. It looks like the cutoff was 170.. I was at 178. Shit. Waiting for a call from my Dr to see if they want me to do the 3hr now or what. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat Well that’s annoying! I hope you don’t have to do the 3 hour. I’ve heard that one is miserable! Have you had to do it before? 

Got my first official US this morning! I’m so excited I can barely contain myself... t-minus 3 hours!