Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Weekend 12/8 - 12/9

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP length: 

Testing:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Weekend 12/8 - 12/9

• Options
    @b_1029 lol we've had that too where we had no idea how much food we'd be getting when we ordered! It's nice when you have the wait staff ask if you've dined there before.

Month/Cycle: 18/16

CD/DPO: 29/12-14

Timing: okay

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: nah... Think I will save my last HPT after a successful IUI because I'd like to know what the elusive BFP looks like at home.

R/R: date night was a success! Went to a place called Bonefish Grill and what's awesome is that they comp your dessert when it's your first time. Had a chocolate creme brulee which was not something I realized ever existed but totally makes sense. Was delicious!

CS/Q: another low temp but no AF yesterday. I think FF was wrong about my O date. I'll be watching for any major cramping this weekend as that's my first sign that AF started.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @b_1029 sounds delicious. I love when there’s enough to take home leftovers. 

@inthewoods23 there’s a Bonefish Grill not too far from where I live, but I’ve never been. I want to check it out after hearing about that chocolate creme brulee! 

Month/Cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 17/4-5

Timing: great

Typical LP length: unknown

Testing: not yet

R/R: Going to do some Christmas shopping today and maybe buy an end table I’ve been wanting. DH and I are attending a quinceanera tonight. I’ve never been to one and am looking forward to it!

CS/Q: no questions atm. This waiting game is hard! 

• Options
    @inthewoods23 I LOVE bonefish! I’ve never saved enough room for dessert though, that sounds amazing. I’m glad you had a good time!
    @themadcamel agreed on the waiting game! Hope you have fun tonight!
  • Options
    @b_1029 Glad your dinner was good and you have leftovers! Yum! Sorry you’re not sleeping well. That dry winter air is the absolute worst. Your chart is looking lovely!

@inthewoods23 Chocolate creme brûlée sounds heavenly! Glad you guys had fun!

@themadcamel Hope Christmas shopping is a success. Hope you have so much fun at the quinceanera!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 26/13

Timing: SMEP

Typical LP length: 12-13 days

Testing: WFAF (BFN yesterday)

R/R: Had a good time at DH’s Christmas party last night. We went out for dinner and then played board games with a few other couples. Today we are going to relax, probably go to the grocery store and wrap a couple presents. Tomorrow I’m doing pottery painting with a friend and then we’re going on a double date with her and her bf. We’ll be going for dinner and then going for a drive through a huge Christmas light display. 

CS/Q: 

Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Options
    kimmer1412kimmer1412 member
    edited December 2018
    Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 17/ 2 I think 

Timing: -5,-3,-2,-1, O 

Typical LP length: not sure yet 

Testing: too early 

R/R: I woke up nauseous so not sure what that's about, hopefully not a stomach bug.

CS/Q: still waiting on CH but I did get my temp rise this morning, I guess I'm one of those people who get a slow rise after O

• Options
    @inthewoods23 we love bonefish grill but had no clue about the comp dessert, we usually never have room for dessert lol
  • Options
    @misshelen86 you’ve got quite a fun weekend scheduled. Pottery painting and a drive through Christmas lights in one day sounds awesome!

@kimmer1412 Aw, we’re cycle day buddies. Maybe the nausea is from O? I experienced some nausea around my O date. I hope it’s not a stomach bug! Those are no fun. 
  • Options
    @themadcamel I suppose its possible, I'll take anything other than a stomach bug lol. 
  • Options
    @kimmer1412 we usually don't either, but only recently had I ever had creme brulee and ended up really liking it so I made sure to leave room.

Did you know the Archer Farms brand at Target has a creme brulee dessert???? It tastes great!

Gonna be talking stupid here so just ignore me if I'm being dumb.... I'm having a bunch of the classic signs of possibly being KU (brown discharge, only slight cramping on 1 side, the temp dips). I'm trying so damn hard not to get my hopes up. My body is probably laughing at me right now. Stop symptom spotting dammit!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 27/14

Timing: -2

Testing: Waiting in AF 

R/R: I have a horrible sinus infection and I seriously don't feel like going I to work again tonight! Plus I feel like being pouty about it lol.

@inthewoods23 i was bad this month about SS too.  I really had my hopes up because I have none of my typical AF symptoms but alas, a BFN yesterday afternoon for me.  She should be here tomorrow probably. Hopefully you have a better outcome than me. FX

@themadcamel yeah the TWW sucks, WTO can be fun though haha

@kimmer1412 I usually have a little nausea the day after O. I get moderate O cramping every month though.
  • Options
    I just need to vent! I didn't think I was that sick so I went to work and now it's 239 am and I have the flu! I can't just leave because my patients would be unattended but I don't want to get them sick either so I'm all gowned up with a mask and I have a fever breaking so I'm a sweaty mess! And to add insult to injury af is running late officially today, plus I typically have spotting two days prior with cramps and still bfns. Being sick always jacks up my cycle! - END RANT! Thank you for listening now back to charting...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 23/5 post bench 

CD/DPO: 13/4 

Timing: good, I Oed early, so I wasn’t tracking  at first and don’t remember.

Typical LP length:  15 days

Testing: next week 

R/R:  I am having company today and need to. Lean my house and I don’t want to.  I also slept on my stomach so my back is ridiculously stiff and I can’t move.  I see my rheumatologist this week, so hoping for some clarity with that.  No work tomorrow to go Christmas shopping with dh!

CS/Q:

I still don’t have crosshairs, but I have discarded several temps, I have been stuffy and mouth breathing.  If I take my temp under my arm that same time, it is almost just as high, so I think my temps would be higher. I would be almost convinced maybe I didn’t O,  but I had a migraine, and my boobs hurt.  If I put a high temp in tomorrow, I get CH for Wednesday which is my intial thought of when I O’ed.

• Options
    @b_1029 leftovers are the best!  I hate winter dryness, my eyes are killing me!

@inthewoods23 I have never been to bonefish either and now want to go for the chocolate brûlée.  I love brûlée’s and never see them at many restaurants.  Sorry for the SS, hopefully it is a good sign!

@daisy0322 I am so sorry, I hope you are resting now and hope you feel better soon!

@brookert615, I am sorry you have to deal with those questions, it is so hard especially when you have to worry if it will never happen.  So of fortunately, most people assume I can’t have kids after what happened last year (most people think I had to have a hysterectomy) but those that don’t are so insensitive it is ridiculous.  I personally would do what you did , but I am a pretty open person,
  • Options
    @brookert615 I think blunt honestly would do the trick. I would simply say "we are trying" and if they seem dissatisfied with that I would follow up with "having pcos makes it more difficult". Guessing your around my age, the older generation doesn't actually understand how "difficult" it can be. My mom has learned quite a bit from me on how women's bodys work.
  • Options
    @misshelen86 sounds like a pretty great weekend lined up! Hope you have fun!
    @inthewoods23 FX those are KU symptoms! 
    @brookert615 ugh, the worst. Sorry to hear you had to deal with that at the party. I agree with what @prpl11butterfly said above. People will typically stop asking questions after that unless they’re super nosy like some people have been for us and start asking if we’ve been to the doctor, etc haha
    @holly321 i hope your back feels better soon and you have fun shopping with DH!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for your kind words! ❤️❤️❤️ I feel like since we are so young compared to them and they just were relentless in pushing us. The lady who I told had no clue what PCOS was and I had to explain it to her. DH was thrown off that I even said it because I’m so reserved. 

@holly321 So sorry for your pain! Hope you can find relief soon! Enjoy your company today and shopping tomorrow!!!

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    *lurking 
    @brookert615 So sorry you had to deal with such invasive questions. I don’t know why people think it’s okay to be so nosy about something that’s so personal.  That is one thing I’m dreading about the holidays! 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• Options
    @brookert615 Ugh I'm sorry that people were questioning you at the party. I wish people (ESPECIALLY BASICALLY STRANGERS!!!!) would learn how to mind their own business.
    @b_1029 I've been sleeping like crap this weekend too! Hope you enjoyed your leftovers.
    @inthewoods23 I've never heard of The Bonefish Grill but now I feel like I NEED to look this up for that chocolate creme brulee! Sounds so good!
    @daisy0322 Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. The flu is so rough. :(
    @holly321 Hope you enjoy your company today. Sorry about cleaning though, it's never any fun.

Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD/DPO: CD 18 / 3 DPO

Timing: -5,-3,-1,0,1

Typical LP length: 13-14

Testing: nope

R/R: The 1920's Murder Mystery Dinner Party was fun, although I think the most fun part was getting dressed up and taking pictures with everybody. The mystery part...meh. haha. I woke up all stuffed up though! Idk why every time I decide to leave my house and actually try to have fun my body's like TIME TO GET SICK! My brother is coming over to help put together a dresser and then he said he wanted to make dinner....I was like "um you don't have to pull my leg...cook away."

CS/Q: Not temping after today to see if it'll help with the SS.
  • Options
    @holly321 @littleredm they have a seasonal creme brulee so right now they have chocolate creme brulee. Not sure how often that changes and I don't know if it's different for other locations, but hopefully you get to try it!

And AF showed up this morning so I'll be over in the WTO now. Shucks! Hope you all have better luck!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    brookert615brookert615 member
    edited December 2018
    @littleredm Exactly! Maybe I should’ve just screamed “STRANGER DANGER”! Glad the party was fun! Sorry you got sick! Enjoy dinner! ❤️

@inthewoods23 So sorry about AF! 

Eta: tags.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @brookert615 I did wind up buying the end table! I had a little buyer's remorse, but it looks great in my living room.  Sorry you had to deal with insensitivity at the party. :heart: