July 2019 Moms
Options

Ask a STM+ December

124»

Re: Ask a STM+ December

• Options
    @julybaybay they usually go by what you'd normally pay, so if you'd pay a copay or anything for yourself then you'd pay that for your LO. Though I believe most well checks (so normal visits) are free, or at least were, not sure if that's changed again since administration change. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat I really appreciate the advice. Thank you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @julybaybay the baby is covered under your insurance. You don't have to do anything other than give them your insurance card. The doctor bills your insurance, and the insurance company pays them. You generally have 30 days to add the baby on the policy. There aren't any extra steps you need to take to pay anyone, you just need to add the baby :) 
  • Options
    @julybaybay For me, for those first few visits, I just supplied my health insurance information as normal. When you add the baby to the insurance plan, everything will stay the same but you may need to have them copy your insurance card again when you get a new one. Under my plan, required wellness visits for vaccines and whatnot were covered 100% by insurance and only sick visits required a co-pay. 
  • Options
    Thank you all! Huge weight off!
  • Options
    My babies are covered under my husband's health insurance, not mine (according to the birthday rule). This became a giant headache with billing that took months to resolve, and happened with all 3 of our kids. It's important to make sure whoever's insurance will cover the baby is listed as the guarantor - and even then, hospital billing might get it wrong. I think they always assume the mother's insurance will cover the baby but it's not always the case.

Plus we have different last names so it's been a real cluster.
  • Options
    @julybaybay They billed the baby under my insurance.  Pediatricians are well versed in how to deal with this.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Edited : moved to the January ask.