February 2019 Moms

December Appointments

Two months left until February!

Did you have a doctor appointment? How’d it go?

Re: December Appointments

• My 40000000999901 appointments start this month. Growth scan, two regular appointments. 2x weekly NSTs start just after Christmas. 
  • Weirdly enough I have no appts in December! They wanted to schedule me for a US in week 32 to check placenta placement, but that’s the last week of the year for me so I got them to schedule for the first week of Jan instead (so the bill will go towards next year’s deductible). Since my OB doesn’t need to see me until we know what’s up with the placenta, my next OB appt won’t be until after that again. Feels weird to be this late in the game and not have a single appointment for an entire month!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an appointment with my OB and then he's going on vacation so I have to see another OB mid December. I appreciate the caution but honestly, I don't know why they bother. It's not even like they are in the same practice or anything. 
  • I have 20 appointments between next week and February 14th. 21 if you count my daughter’s wellcheck. Holy moly. Not to mention I have a co-pay for 14 of them. I got off way too easy on co-pays until now. 
  • That's wild @madreofdragons!

I've had a relatively low number of appointments, I think, and even that is intense sometimes. I'm lucky! My work is thankfully not precarious and my schedule is flexible but I'm sure for some keeping up with all the appointments is very stressful. If I had to take time off for my appointments I wouldn't be able to go home for Christmas.
  • Just 2 this month before I go to weeklies right at the start of January! Baby is due in 2 months and I just can't believe how little time that is.
  • @okayestmom12 that is soooo cute about your DD!
  • 32w appt tomorrow! I’m at every two weeks right now so I’m sure we will schedule another one tomorrow and I have an ultrasound appt next Monday.  In the home stretch!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @okayestmom12 that is the cutest they are letting your daughter do that!!
  • Between infusions, regular OB, cardiac, US I think I have some kind of apt every week until little man arrives. 
    The 12th is our next fetal echo, that I'm most nervous about. The others are pretty standard. End of Jan is the final US/c section plan apt and I can't believe we're almost there already!!! 
    So much to do still.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • As those on the PG know, my 30 week appt yesterday turned into a hospital admission - so much for the quickie appointments!  But.... assuming I get discharged from the hospital sometime soon (which is hopefully the plan), i will now have weekly ultrasounds and biweekly NSTs... too bad they don’t offer rewards points or frequent flyer miles ;)
  • Does anyone know when they check for GBS? I forgot if it is 35 or 36. 
  • @ThePax89
    My OB told me they'd do mine at my 36 week appt.
  • @ThePax89 - anywhere in that 34-36w range. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 2 MW appts for me in Dec plus what I think is my final U/s to check on the placenta... hopefully all are uneventful!
  • I was at my psych appointment today. Against the rest of my extensive medical team, she suggested that I taper my meds. 

She is a resident on rotation (and thankfully leaving). I told her to eat rocks. The concern she had about my meds was brought up to the chief of maternal-fetal medicine and he ROLLED HIS EYES and told her that he had never in his 40 year carrer encountered what she 'read something about'. I nearly peed myself. 

I have my 60 billionth us on Thursday. I've been going almost weekly for a couple months. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • I had a check up today and all looked good. We scheduled my c section for 1/29!! So will definitely be a January baby. Hopefully I go into to labor before then so I can try for a vbac. My next appt isn’t for 3 weeks bc they wanted to be able to do the group b strep swab at that appt (which will be after Christmas-crazy how time is flying!)
  • Ultrasound today, which resulted in scheduling a thousand more appointments in the next two months... She is (still) in a low percentile and requires 2 nsts per week plus dopplers and growth scans, so i now have 3 appts per week until delivery.  Grow baby grow!
  • I just went to week 31 appointment! It was a quick one. Tdap and a heartbeat scan and that’s it. No comments about weigh gain  :D which I appreciated. I go back the Thurs after xmas 
  • @thechickendance What percentile, if you don't mind sharing?  My lil bit is at 9th and my mw says sometimes babies are small, but it doesn't hurt to keep an eye on things. The high risk docs are screaming that the sky is falling and I might as well keep a priest on call. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • I went today, at 30w 5d. Baby is already 5 lbs! DS was 3 lbs at this point last pregnancy and turned out to be a 9 lb baby. So today, doc was talking about me giving birth before 40 weeks. Looking to not give birth on the Super Bowl. 
  • First biweekly appt today.

Peed in a cup. Got weighed (no gain!). BP check (114/70). HB check (150 bpm and my DS loves to impersonate the “thump thump” sound 🥰). Blood sugars were great so no GD for this chick. 

U/S on Monday... ready to sneak a peak at this guy and see how big he is. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Anyone else not having any appts at all in December? I have nothing between 11.28 and 1.3. Also the last couple times I’ve been in I didn’t even pee in a cup, they just checked my bp (which is normal). What if I develop high bp and protein in my urine now, they wouldn’t even know! Is this normal at 30 weeks? I guess I just feel a little neglected. 
  • Fetal echo tomorrow- hoping they see nothing concerning!! Thurs is a standard apt-hope everything looks good there too.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @grebretso I haven't peed in a single cup since moving over to my OB at  ~15 weeks. It feels a bit odd. My appointments are all BP, weight, fundal height, baby's HR and questions. I feel like it just means there is nothing to cause concern but still.... That being said I do see him every other week. 
  • That is reassuring @becks_726! Sounds similar to my appts. I’ve only had one fundal height measurement and it was right where it should be. I just feel like everyone’s getting so much done, but it’s probably a good thing that they’re not doing much like you said. Probably means we’re having textbook, boring pregnancies! I’ll start bi-weekly in January.
  • @grebretso I also have not peed in a cup since... idk somewhere around 16-18 weeks lol. I get my BP, HR, weight, fundal measurement and baby's HR checked at every appointment. I presume I'd get more tests if any of those were abnormal, but not so far!

That being said, I go in for my 32 week tomorrow. All that could change. I will update :)
  • Oh and @grebretso proteinuria looks foamy/frothy so if you're urine looks normal/clear it is highly unlikely you're passing protein. Heh.
  • Had my 32 week Mw appt today.  Fundal measuring bang on 32 weeks, baby is head down (for now, should stay but no guarantee), thought bum to the R and legs to the L... squishy in there, was curled up.  Seemed consistent with what I felt this morning, pretty sure I felt a bum to the R.  Also, yep, those are fingers that have been tickling  me way down in the crease of my thigh, LOL... thought so but was like nahh good imagination.
    BP was good as was babys HB.
    Follow up placental U/S on thurs so we will get to see baby one last time (at least that's the plan as of now), before birth.
    And baby just stuck their bum out as I typed the position description, Lollll.  Got my hospital packing list (yep, even need to bring my own vaseline for baby!) and paperwork that we need to bring with.. Omg!!
  • @episcowitch not too much smaller than yours!  6th percentile though the Drs have been reassuring me that it's likely genetics (H was only 7lbs and I was less) but that this is protocol. One Drs quote was 'you're not a big person, I don't expect you to push out a toddler.'

@grebretso you can have some of mine!!
  • @changadee Ha, thanks! Yeah I have no idea what to look for, but there’s no reason I’d be anything but normal and average. There’s no foam when I pee, I just like being paranoid I guess!
  • I pee in a cup every appt. A humbling reminder of how much my bump has grown since the last appointment...I feel like it's always an ordeal these days 
  • changadeechangadee member
    edited December 2018
    @grebretso no problem lol. @ohsunnydays if I stayed with my GP I would definitely be peeing in a cup every appointment, I was before I switched. I guess my MW is less interested unless I have symptoms lol
  • @grebretso - With my OB, it goes to every other week starting at 28 weeks, so that seems odd to me, but I imagine every one is different. My OB is also a pee in a cup every single time place so who knows.
  • ^ this exactly!!! 
  • I pee in a cup every appointment since 24 weeks. It’s standard according to the sign in the bathroom. I have a growth scan on Friday. I saw my new high risk OB on Monday and I was a sniffling mess. Didn’t remember half of what I wanted to talk about. Fundal height was right on track. HR was a little slower than what I’m used to hearing,(130 instead of 150s)  I don’t remember if that’s normal or not.