May 2019 Moms
Options

Symptoms Week of 12/3 - 12/8

13»

Re: Symptoms Week of 12/3 - 12/8

• Options
    @imrachellea. I hope you can get relief soon.   One thought - Did you happen to use a different detergent on your sheets?  Sometimes allergies can pop up during pregnancy.  I had a miserable night in a hotel last month where I itched like crazy and ended up sleeping in long pants and a hoodie on top on the comforter with my husbands t-shirt covering the pillow because I was having a terrible reaction to whatever detergent they had used on their sheets. 
  • Options
    @fatmonica We've been using the same detergent for a while 😕 Which is a bummer because I'd love an easy fix. As it is I'm already starting to scratch my arms tonight. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @imrachellea You could try taking Benadryl which is generally safe during pregnancy.  If it helps at all,  then you know that it's something you're allergic to. If it doesn't help,  then it probably isn't an allergic reaction.  Honestly, don't feel bad paging your doctor on the weekend for this especially if you're scratching yourself to the point that you're bleeding.  Itchiness has driven people crazy.  I had a few weeks where I was severely itchy and I thought I was going to kill myself, literally.  (Turned out I had bed bugs and that Im severely allergic to them. Now,  even just thinking about them gives me a panic attack.) So if you really can't stand it tomorrow,  please call.  

• Options
    Im having these weird twinges in different spots in my belly where it feels like as if I have stitches and I accidentally popped them.  Such a weird feeling.  Has anyone else felt something similar? This is brand new to me.  

• Options
    My nose is so incredibly stuffy.  I’d almost swear I had a cold except for the fact that I don’t have any other symptoms.

@imrachellea. I heard somewhere that pregnancy can make your skin more sensitive then usual, if that’s the case it’s possible that products (like detergents, body washes, and lotions) that normally don’t cause problems could be causing irritation.  Also you mentioned moving from FL to a drier climate, when I moved from FL to MI several years ago my skin had a horrible time adjusting.  I absolutely broke out in patches of dry, red, itchy skin, granted I have pretty sensitive skin to begin with. At any rate, I hope you find a solution  :)

@expandcontract You can add me to your list of people who hate bananas.  It’s mostly the texture for me as well.   And while I’m not overly crazy about the taste either, artificial banana flavor is way grosser then the real thing.  😂
  • Options
    I just got into a screaming match with my MIL  and I have the worst headache.  I can like feel the pressure inside of it. Im thinking it's related to the high blood pressure that I'm not used to.  Im hiding out in my bedroom because I need to calm the eff down. 

• Options
    @expandcontract ugh I'm so sorry. That's terrible. I hope you guys are able to resolve whatever it is you're fighting about 😟
  • Options
    @eatinwatermelonseeds thank you! Headache is finally starting to subside. I'll post about the fight in the family thread.  

• Options
    I felt my first external kick today! This little one has been going crazy at night andtoday I felt a little thump with my hand! Such an amazing feeling! 🥰
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 it's the best!!

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I made DH come over but he couldn’t quite tell yet! 😭 I hope he can feel them soon!
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 I feel like DS would always stop as soon as H came over to feel 😂

• Options
    Ugh. I am so swollen. "Down there" is so swollen it's itching to all hell. Just took the longest shower of my life. I don't even really think this is as much pregnancy related as it is moving related. 

Also with all this activity I haven't been feeling baby boy move as much. Been trying to poke at him and get something. He's moving, just not as much. Probably just lulled to sleep. 
  • Options
    @mrskoz428 Congratulations! Its an amazing feeling isn't it? 

• Options
    @expandcontract yes! I got so giddy! This LO has been moving a ton this weekend! @DuchessOfCambridge I felt the tiniest little thump when DH had his hand there but it was near DHs pinky, so I don’t think he even realized what it was. It’s obviously easier for me since I can feel it from both side.
    @eatinwatermelonseeds girl, take a bath! Epsom salts and a warm bath does wonders!
  • Options
    I'm catching up and responding to things from Friday all over the place but @expandcontract my sister also HATES bananas. DH is ehh on them but DD and I love them so in my head, that means he hates them. If you get my sister started on bananas it will literally end with her exasperatedly saying in a raised voice that they should NOT be considered a fruit. And @mrskoz428 it's so exciting. I feel like it was weeks of me being able to feel the baby inside before DH timed it right and was able to actually FEEL on the outside. Sometimes I could feel it but couldn't tell it wasn't really discernible from the outside until his hand was "in the right spot" and he still didn't feel anything when I did inside.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker