Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

December Randoms

Re: December Randoms

• Options
    @marebear15 I'm curious how she took my photo where I circled all the newbie thread/must read threads at the top of the board.

I don't know how to make it any clearer
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @marebear15 DISLIKE, that’s dumb. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I saw that too and I agree with you. I would gain 100# if it meant I could be pregnant. I get that people go through a period of anxiety about all the body changes they'll have during pregnancy, and I can't say I won't mildly freak out a little, but my figure will be the least of my worries.
  • Options
    @kiki047 I'm pretty sure my brain tried to forget that lol.

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    @dogmomma096 ok good, I'm glad I'm not the only one that was confused when she said that! Seriously, how would she know???

Funny how most get all defensive instead of a "omg I'm so sorry!" Then again, I get way too concerned about following the rules and doing things properly
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Well said @kagesstarshroom! I think what gets me most is how triggering some of the drive-bys can be. You're right that this is supposed to be our safe place. It seems like TB should have some rules about who can start a new thread? Like a longer lurking period or something? 
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom - I'm really not that worried about it. I think you get 3 warnings before a suspension or ban and after 6 months or so it starts over. This is my second account, and I have backup accounts, so it's like whatever. 
    Also, I kind of understand why it's against the rules because obviously TB and BC are competing apps, so it'd make sense for them to get all riled about me telling someone to go to their rival.
  • Options
    @jennifer_louise that wouldn't really work if someone creates an account but then doesn't use it. I created my account over 2 years ago but didn't participate on the boards until a few months ago. It would be nice if there was a way that automatically has them read the rules but I'm not sure that's possible.

@marebear15 what you said was true though, pics like that are posted in their own threads daily on BC.

Now if only people would stop squinting and inverting pictures. If it's that difficult to see... Test again later. Sheesh.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly ...but why is it cut so perfectly? Donuts are meant to be consumed WHOLE, man! 🤣 

Mmm. DD is the best.
  • Options
    @lillywonderland because I needed to eat it without making a mess of me or my desk 😂 I have a VERY windowed office and customers around all the time....
  • Options
    @b_1029 empower yourself to say "no" - to activities, parties, etc. You're allowed to. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    @b_1029 I 100% agree with @lulu1180. Take the time to treat yourself and be firm with people if they decide to ask about TTC. Sending all of the hugs  <3<3<3.

TW
  • Options
    @b_1029 I'm feeling this right now too. I think my advice would be to allow yourself to be sad. It is hard and it is okay to feel down. If you need to leave early or skip some gatherings, do it. You need to look out for you. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for your advice. I truly appreciate all of you and hope you are able to take care of yourself during this season as well <3 
    @lulu1180 @brookert615 @chichiphin @kgg2241
  • Options
    Check out August. Someone's getting salty with suzycupcake!
  • Options
    @marebear15 What??  Where?!?  And why would anyone do that to her of all people??

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @marebear15 @lulu1180 Is it the gif the one girl posted in response when suzy was only trying to figure out their messy board organization? lol
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 - The one with the guy name. Tyler or something.
  • Options
    @marebear15 FOUND IT! Yeah that is rude. Glad she has some ladies backing her up! 
    TW
  • Options
    Okay, so... I mentioned this in my intro post on the newbie thread, but wanted to ask for some opinions here.  We lost our cat (15) last December, and our dog (13.5) this past October.  We had 2 fish that I don't really count as pets, and one just died on Monday.  It's been a bad year for us for pets.  We want to wait a while before getting another dog, and I am not interested in another cat.  I just don't feel right not having what I would consider a real pet right now.  Does anyone have any smaller pets they love?  I'd really like something relatively low maintenance, good for families, but also something that feels like a pet and can interact with you.  Not interested in birds or reptiles.  A bunny seems like too much work, and it gets COLD here in the winter, so we wouldn't be able to keep it in an outdoor hutch.  I've considered a rat because I've heard they're really smart and form bonds with their owners.  I don't have a fear of rodents.  Thoughts?  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll maybe a ferret, guinea pig, or chinchilla? I have a hedgehog, but they are not an easy pet.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I love ferrets, but I think I have to rule them out for the smell.  Are chinchillas pretty easy?  It's funny you say the hedgehog thing because I've always wanted one.  MH almost got me one for Christmas one year until he researched it and discovered how difficult they are.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll we have a guinea pig! Hes sweet until hes had enough touching (which is actually quite a decent amount of time). Hes relatively low maintenance and eats all the discarded veggies. My BFF in HS had a rat (as did her sister) and they were cute little guys but I'm not sure on their care requirements.
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll - My niece has a chinchilla as her first pet (she's 11), and she's able to take care of him pretty easily. 
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly Do guinea pigs screech a lot?  My HS friend had one that used to screech, and it turned me off of them for a while, but I'm otherwise not opposed.  I like the idea of being able to give him veggies we'd otherwise toss.  I want something that doesn't mind being handled and isn't overly likely to bite.  Rodent bites are the WORST!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @b_1029, big creepy internet hugs your way. It's totally valid to be feeling down and gloomy. It's ok to say no to events if you aren't feeling up to them. I hope you are able to find a way to take care of yourself this holiday season ❤
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll yeah I don't blame you about the ferret smell!

Hedgehogs aren't super difficult to care for, but they have a lot of considerations like the fact that they're nocturnal and require a high protein, low fat diet. They have to be in a particular temperature range because if it's too cold they can go into hibernation and die. We keep hand warmers in our house just in case of a power outage in the wintertime. Oh and they like to run, A LOT. We have the saucer type wheel and we've gone through at least 5 now since we got him a little over a year (or 2? I don't remember) ago.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @inthewoods23 I wouldn't say those things would put one out of the question for us.  I just want something that will show some kind of affection toward us.  Our walk out basement is pretty consistent with temperature.  It stays between 65-75 year round, and in the winter, we have fires in the wood stove down there and it gets really toasty warm.  What about leaving them for weekends?  We'd want something we can leave over the weekend without much issue.  

ETA tag
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll he's pretty quiet unless he smells tomatoes. He KNOWS when I'm slicing them from the other room 🤣 
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll I say guinea pig too! They totally have personalities once they get to know you. And they're super cute 😊
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly lol! Those darn noses!

@shamrocandroll DH and I are comfortable leaving him for a weekend if we have to. We just put an extra bowl of water (you could do a drip bottle like you would for other small mammals) and extra food and he's been fine. More than 2 nights and we'd probably ask family to come in and check on him and refill things. Some people have them in large plastic storage bins as their home (we have a large small mammals cage) so they're kinda portable if you really wanted to take them with you. DH always tells me no though  :(
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause