July 2019 Moms
Options

Christmas announcement idea

2»

Re: Christmas announcement idea

• Options
    I'm also going to announce over Christmas with DS wearing a big brother shirt. I don't have to worry about him finding out bc he'll only be 7 months at that point. What's nuts is that it will be the first time most of my family will meet DS since we live on the other side of the country and we're announcing another pregnancy! Hopefully people catch on pretty quick. I think I'm going to wait until January to announce on social media since I'm not due until late July. I'll probably do a picture with DS in the same shirt though. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    I’ll be almost 11 weeks on Christmas. I’m planning to FaceTime my parents and little sister on Christmas morning. And just tell them. Nothing crazy or they would catch on, too soon. 

My in laws will be here for Christmas dinner and we are planning to tell them at dinner. Again, nothing too crazy, just telling them. 

I hate being the center of too much attention and the idea of telling them all is a bit too much for me, I’m having wicked anxiety over their reactions. I don’t want them to be over the top excited, because my husband are like, yep, it’s a baby. It doesn’t feel that big for us, so I’m uncomfortable with people making it a big deal. 

Like I told one of my friends. He asked what was wrong with me and I said, I’m exhausted as heck because I’m super pregnant. That’s how I told him. He was really cool about it. And most of my friends have been super chill when I’ve told them. (It’s a grand total of about 15 people who know, and many of those are gym coaches who needed to know pretty early, and a few friends who caught on and asked [thanks morning all-day sickness], and us.) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We told our parents last weekend and I bought a “Big Cousin” shirt for my nephew to open on Christmas-that’s how we will tell my siblings! For my brother in law we are addressing one of his gifts “to uncle, from baby b”
  • Options
    @bartonolivia so cute!! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat thank you! Just so happy the boys cooperated. It’s typically impossible to get them to take a picture together ❤️
  • Options
    @bartonolivia those turned out so great!!! Love them!! ❤️
  • Options
    Mwendt615Mwendt615 member
    edited December 2018
    My son (3) loves dinosaurs, so we are going to make him a shirt that says Brothersaurus. It will have a T-Rex with a Santa hat on. I plan to put the brothersaurus part on the t-Rex body. I don’t want it to be super obvious...I want people to have to read it so we can see how long it takes them to notice! 
  • Options
    @babyginjuly omg I love that!
  • Options
    hakelehakele member
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    Ok, I'm dying to hear how the other Christmas announcements went!!!
  • Options
    Mine went well. I wasn’t there for one side of the family, but my mom delivered the present on my behalf and they recorded. It was good!

We opted to tell my other grandma on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas so it was more personal. She kept saying “really??” And was super excited. Now I’m waiting for the rest of the family to get here. My grandma has pictures of all her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids on the mantle, so she put my announcement gift (frame w/ u/s) at the very end. We’re going to see if anyone notices! 😂
  • Options
    Ours went well! It’s finally out in the world and I’m so relieved 😂 
  • Options
    @hestia14 That's great! I love that it wasn't overly apparent so people didn't get it right away!
  • Options
    We made stockings that said ''baby Smith coming July 4, 2019"

Everyone was completely shocked. We've been married for 6.5 years and I think everyone had given up hope of us ever having kids. 
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    Our announcement went well and I'm glad to have it behind us!!  Was causing a lot of stress. Everyone was totally shocked and ended up crying lol. I think it was a much needed happy moment since that side of the family has been going through a rough time lately due to some health issues.
  • Options
    So happy to hear of announcements that were well received. Thinking of those who had less than thrilled family members. Let US celebrate with you!
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I made ornaments for all of my nieces and nephews and I had one left for my mom. I put an ultrasound picture in it with baby 'last name' coming July 2019 on the back. She first said she didn't have tree what was she going to do with it. I told her to look at it and she asked what it was. Then it clicked and she yelled "are you pregnant?" then the rest of my family cheered. It was so much better than Christmas with the IL's.

Edited to add:
    I'm so bad at taking photos/videos of special moments. I wished I would have got it on a video. 
  • Options
    @NicholeL16 I love the spelling you ended up choosing❤
  • Options
    I recorded the grandma's helping my son open this shirt wrapped up as a present. My mom's reaction was "I Knew it!" It's their 8th grandbaby so nothing really surprises them but at my husbands side it was absolutely priceless! Best reaction I could have every hoped for! There was a gasp of surprise followed by everyone crying clapping and giving hugs! I wish I could could share the video! My mother in law was completely overwhelmed with happiness she was just talking gibberish 
  • Options
    @firecracker_mama we’ve been married 8, so I totally know that feeling. 
    @acgx my cousin’s girlfriend is due 10 days before me, but she told the family at Thanksgiving. 
    I told my aunt early Christmas morning and my cousin wasn’t there until dinner, so she had me FaceTime them to surprise them and it was AWESOME! We are both super excited to be in this together. They are the best couple and it’s going to be SO COOL! 

Okay... here’s what went down. Told my parents first by FaceTime. They didn’t even second guess the FaceTime on Christmas, so it was fun. And I apologized that their last gift couldn’t be shipped but they can see it when they come in July. (They always visit in July for a concert at Red Rocks). My dad asks, “What is it?” And I reply, “I don’t know yet, but it’ll be a boy or a girl.” 
    Commence the screaming from my sister, the crying from my mom, my dad was so excited. It’s the first grandbaby. I’m much older than my sister, 11 years. My mom was so overjoyed, she was like, “I gotta make a list of my grandma names. And decide what I’m going to be called.” It was amazing and it really couldn’t have gone better. 
    Then I called my grandma and it took forever to get her to listen to me and understand what I was saying. She kept thinking I was talking of my cousin’s baby... 
    Then, I called my Aunt. She screamed and was so over the moon happy for us. Then see above for telling the cousins. I called a few other people to tell them, too. 
    Told my in-laws in the afternoon... let’s just say it wasn’t the best. First, they thought we were lying. Literally accused my husband of lying. Why would you lie about that. It seriously took them several minutes to believe us. Ugh. Then my FIL proceeded down his usual path of the fastest route to get his foot into his mouth. Talked about how he had given up on us and thought we were just going to be “selfish and childless”. Pretty hurtful since it took me 2 YEARS to get pregnant. That he couldn’t believe his 37 year old son was going to finally be a father. That we needed to hurry up with the second one because everyone needs two kids to “replace themselves”. (We have always planned 1 and done, and how rude to presume.) He got super prying over dinner and we got into a fight where he was so rude I left the room. Even when I came back, I didn’t look at him or speak to him the rest of the night. I was upset, hubs was upset. Just didn’t go well at all. Poor hubs was just so disappointed in them. The best at terrible reactions... when my bro in law had an unplanned pregnancy, they were dancing around the room with Joy while their son was terrified about what was going to happen... just so much failure to read the room. Then with us, didn’t believe us and called my husband an liar. “That’s your lying face” umm, no. He’s just uncomfortable about how this is going to go, so he has an awkward smile. 
    BroIL was really excited about it, though, and super caring and kind. He’s excited for his kids to have a cousin on his side as his ex side has like 11 cousins. 
    Wait until I tell them they aren’t welcome at the hospital... *insert evil laugh* 

Sorry for the novel!