Christmas announcement idea — The Bump
July 2019 Moms

Christmas announcement idea

hello mamas :) I’m really a lurker here, I’m not due until first week of August but they don’t have an August group yet. 
i have my first doctors appointment the 13th, where I will get a scan. (I’m 5 weeks, so I’ll be almost 7 when I go in)

We are telling our families on Christmas Day 
we are going to wrap either the u/s picture or onsie or shoes or something to tell them!

what do you think would be the best thing to wrap to tell them?!? 

Re: Christmas announcement idea

• My family has a tradition to open one gift on Christmas Eve. It's how my husband proposed to me 13 years ago, so I'm very excited to use the tradition to announce the first grandchild to my family! I will have three gender neutral onesies wrapped and it will say "from ???" I want them to all open at the same time and see them freak out! I'm also considering a maternity shirt for Christmas day that says "best gift ever" on the tummy. I think that's how we'll announce to DH's family since they won't be with us.  I'm 7+6 so not showing yet, but I figure it will work in spring too!

Good luck with your announcement! I'd love to hear how it goes!

Anyone else doing a Christmas announcement? What are you doing?
    bethanyy28
  • I’m doing a Christmas announcement! We are getting my 2 & 3 year old boys a Christmas panama photoshoot. They’ll be taking pictures with the ultrasound! We will probably frame it and wrap it and give it to my MIL. 
    bethanyy28
  • brewsterboobrewsterboo member
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited December 2
  • I’m going to buy my son a big brother t-shirt and see how long it takes my family to notice. It’ll probably take them a while. 
    bethanyy28nopegoatsunshine525
  • We told my parents the day after Thanksgiving with an ornament. It was 3 snowmen and I wrote our names on their tummies, and "New Baby" on the 3rd one.
    bethanyy28
  • We're doing a stocking announcement.  Our last name is something that you sometimes see on Christmas stockings, so I ordered a stocking with that on it that says Baby _, Summer '19.  I'll be 13 weeks at Christmas, which is just a week shy of when I would've announced anyway and close enough that I'm comfortable jumping the gun a bit since it's so perfect.  
    literatureandink
  • Hi fellow first week of August due date buddy! Glad I'm not the only one lurking here on the July board. If all goes well, we are hoping to tell DH's parents and our siblings on Christmas as well. We are planning to do a picture of DD. I love to bake; so we are planning to have DD playing with kitchen bowls and kitchen utensils with a recipe book out. The recipe book will be open to a recipe for a sibling.
    bethanyy28lyse01
  • We will be telling our families at Christmas I’ll be 12 wks that Friday. We order a little Christmas gift box that has a tiny stocking inside with a note that reads “ Santa’s not the only one coming to town” we’re expecting July 2019 😊
    bethanyy28gbud630
  • JNR6510 said:
    Hi fellow first week of August due date buddy! Glad I'm not the only one lurking here on the July board. If all goes well, we are hoping to tell DH's parents and our siblings on Christmas as well. We are planning to do a picture of DD. I love to bake; so we are planning to have DD playing with kitchen bowls and kitchen utensils with a recipe book out. The recipe book will be open to a recipe for a sibling.
    Yay! I’m glad I’m not alone lurking here. I got my positive really early and haven’t even had my first doctors appointment so I’m just lurking around, my appointment is the week before Christmas so we are going to announce on Christmas we just can’t figure out how 
  • I have a tiny Santa hat that I can bobby pin to my head. Here's a photo of my cat modeling it for scale:

Everyone always asks about it when I wear it, so I'm thinking of wearing it to my IL's big Christmas brunch. When they ask, I'll point to my head with one hand and to my belly with the other and say, "Tiny hat for the tiny human." (Hopefully they won't interpret it as a short joke.)

Still not exactly sure if that's what I want to do. Do I need a better line?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @hestia14 is there anyway you could pin the hat to your shirt around the belly area. When people ask, you can say you wanted the baby to have a Santa hat too! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    indulgentgypsyCbeanz
  • @nolemomma14 I think I can! I like that idea! :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    nolemomma14
  • That’s where I thought you were going! Pin it to your belly! I think that’s fun!
    dcnvz89
  • For my first pregnancy announcement Christmas 2015 we gave the whole family mugs with their new title (eg. grandma, grandpa, auntie, etc.). We had everyone open them at the same time. They freaked out! It worked really well.  This time we’re having my son wear a shirt on Christmas Day that says “this little elf is being promoted to big brother”. Same idea as @Happyin14. That’s if we can hide it until then of course. 
    scp2585
  • I did stockings to announce DD. We all have kind of large stockings with our names on them... I got a smaller one that matched and had "baby" embroidered. Kind of cool that I get to reuse that one again! This time, I just put the stocking inside the "Mom" one. (It's not for an announcement, just for my house) ... I'm not sure how I'll announce.... it will be in Jan probably. This is #3, so I'm not making a huge deal. 
    hoodevil0611sunshine525
  • My son (2) is an avid present opener so for my side and the IL we are having him open a special present that has a shirt inside saying that he is going to be a big brother. Just putting it in a bag with tissue so it's easy to rewrap for each Christmas. I was thinking of adding more baby stuff to the bag but if they don't get it from reading the shirt I'm gonna be at a loss for words.
  • My sister's birthday is new year. She loves our 2yo, loves being auntie. I'm making her a tee that says Aunt Tourage, and getting her some of her favorite tea as well. I'm going to package them up, tea on top of tee, on top of a card that says this:

One amazing Aunt
    Two kinds of 'T'
    Auntie + Nephew + (flip over)

Back will have a pic of the sono and says New Nibling makes Three!
    BFP ♡ Jan 2016 - M born Oct 2016
    PPD for 1yr+ post-pregnancy
    BFP ♡ Sept 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
    BFP ♡ Nov 2018 - Due Jul 2019

ccmama3cindler
  • I think we are going to do the Christmas stocking idea too to tell our families and close friends. We'll send a picture. We probably wont do a social media announcement until closer to 20 weeks. It's baby 3 in three years so just feel like waiting longer...